The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
SUBTOPIC: Arab Palestinians and the Judeophobia (Irrational hatred and/or fear of the Jewish people)
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

No matter how it is sliced, no matter what perspective is comparatively chosen, in contemporary times, it is a classic struggle classic struggle between the "Haves and the Have nots." The jewish have it, and the Arab Palestinians want it.

How Zionists Came to Palestine Under British Protection (Documentary)

(COMMENT)
The question is "WHY" the Arab Palestinians want it.

All the major Talking Heads over complicate the issue. It is all about Wealth, Power and Influence. Now I will not ignore that their are elements that focus on the exploitation of Religious issues and racism (the Apartheid Campaign). But in the end, for the Arab Palestinians particularly in the areas of financial fraud and political corruption, it is Wealth, Power, and Influence for a selected few. It is NOT about the benefits or fairness for the Arab Palestinian people.

Putting an actual face on the problem, Israel is the country considered highest in Human Development. Below is a screen shot of the table showing the overall rankings. I think you all can picture in your mind, what Tokyo looks like. Well, Israel and Japan (Ranked 19th) are considered to be at the same level of Human Development. Just think about that for a moment. Those Israelis are have the Highest Ranking in Human Development of any country in the entire Arab League, the Gulf Oil States, or any country in the Middle East North African Region (MENA). The next highest country is the United Arab Emirates UAE • ranked as the 31st.

UN 2021 Human Develoment Index.png

Now to you, it might seem like the problems are the Occupation, The Temple Mount, Annexation, Settlements Boundaries, Apartheid, etc, etc, etc... All those issues are important (to be sure), but they are ancillary political tools to takedown Israel.

In comparison, you should consider the fact that Lebanon ranked 92d, Jordan Ranked 102nd, Syria Ranked 151st, Saudi Arabia Ranked 40th, and Egypt Ranked 116th, the rankings of these adjacent countries to Israel. With the exception of Saudi Arabia, the adjacent countries are all countries that tangled militarily with the Israelis over the issues pertaining to this Palestine Conflict (Ranked 115th) conflict.

If you think it is all about the issues outlined by the PLO Negotiation Affairs Department. Many Palestinian Officials will suffer financially should the conflict come to an abrupt end. If you are the Palestinians (or any other Arab nation) and want the top spot in in MENA Region (the big fish in the little pond), first you have to neutralize Israeli Influence.

Just My Thought,
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
SUBTOPIC: Arab Palestinians and the Judeophobia (Irrational hatred and/or fear of the Jewish people)
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

No matter how it is sliced, no matter what perspective is comparatively chosen, in contemporary times, it is a classic struggle classic struggle between the "Haves and the Have nots." The jewish have it, and the Arab Palestinians want it.

(COMMENT)
The question is "WHY" the Arab Palestinians want it.

All the major Talking Heads over complicate the issue. It is all about Wealth, Power and Influence. Now I will not ignore that their are elements that focus on the exploitation of Religious issues and racism (the Apartheid Campaign). But in the end, for the Arab Palestinians particularly in the areas of financial fraud and political corruption, it is Wealth, Power, and Influence for a selected few. It is NOT about the benefits or fairness for the Arab Palestinian people.

Putting an actual face on the problem, Israel is the country considered highest in Human Development. Below is a screen shot of the table showing the overall rankings. I think you all can picture in your mind, what Tokyo looks like. Well, Israel and Japan (Ranked 19th) are considered to be at the same level of Human Development. Just think about that for a moment. Those Israelis are have the Highest Ranking in Human Development of any country in the entire Arab League, the Gulf Oil States, or any country in the Middle East North African Region (MENA). The next highest country is the United Arab Emirates UAE • ranked as the 31st.

View attachment 659497
Now to you, it might seem like the problems are the Occupation, The Temple Mount, Annexation, Settlements Boundaries, Apartheid, etc, etc, etc... All those issues are important (to be sure), but they are ancillary political tools to takedown Israel.

In comparison, you should consider the fact that Lebanon ranked 92d, Jordan Ranked 102nd, Syria Ranked 151st, Saudi Arabia Ranked 40th, and Egypt Ranked 116th, the rankings of these adjacent countries to Israel. With the exception of Saudi Arabia, the adjacent countries are all countries that tangled militarily with the Israelis over the issues pertaining to this Palestine Conflict (Ranked 115th) conflict.

If you think it is all about the issues outlined by the PLO Negotiation Affairs Department. Many Palestinian Officials will suffer financially should the conflict come to an abrupt end. If you are the Palestinians (or any other Arab nation) and want the top spot in in MENA Region (the big fish in the little pond), first you have to neutralize Israeli Influence.

Just My Thought,
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

The jewish have it, and the Arab Palestinians want it.
The Jews stole it, the Palestinians want it back.

It is not a complicated issue.

SUBTOPIC: Theft Complaint
※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

The Jews stole it, the Palestinians want it back.

It is not a complicated issue.
(QUESTION)
Specifically, what was stolen?
When was it stolen?
Who was it stolen from?

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

※→ P F Tinmore, et al,

(QUESTION)
Specifically, what was stolen?
When was it stolen?
Who was it stolen from?

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
:eusa_doh:

※→ rylah, et al,

Indeed let's not make it a complicated issue.

Greedy Arab supremacists claim Africa
because 'Jews stole it' from them?
(COMMENT)

Take care my friend. Watch-out
!
I think I saw them measuring your front lawn. You know, My lawn was once British Occupied Territory. Do You think they might make a bit on my lawn?

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

SUBTOPIC: Similarities developed over differences
⁜→ rylah, et al,

(COMMENT)

Last week I was on the Nature Stone porch appreciating a few Canadian Whiskeys with a couple of friends. We were celebrating Lammas (Harvest Eve) July 31st (First Harvest). In some cultures (and particularly Landowners), it is celebrated as the "Feast of the First Fruits." And the ancient Israelite crop harvests (Deuteronomy 8:8) approximately at the same time. Many major cultures had, one time or another, celebrated or performed ceremonies pertaining to the Planting and Harvest Seasons for their crops. The Egyptians also have a ceremony and blessing with prayers to the God of the Nile in mid-August.

The reason I mention this is only to keep in mind the the five of us from different descents, came from ancesters that celebrated the same things for much the same reason. Well, except for my cousin who is Wiccan. But no one holds that against her because she is so very good looking and everyone wants to dance with her.

View attachment 521643
So, let's remember, this is the time of the year when we should put our differences aside and celebrate something in common.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Curious remark, especially when put in the context of nature.
I think the similarity between the cosmopolitan and universal ideals -
is the innate human need, for civilization to function as a living organism.
However, a body is only healthy when the cells function as distinct organs.

The question of unity versus conformity,
explains no harvest festivals in Islam.

Last edited:
⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

I'm thinking that if even a few of the Hostile Arab Palestinian were as savvy as the Celtic Women, it might change things.

[Good Incert]
(COMMENT)
They were absolutely amazing. You have to be psychotic not to feel good about yourself and others → after the performance.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

He was the Chief Rabbi of Jaffa and the small settlements nearby. Rabbi Kook was known for taking a positive approach to the non-religious pioneers in the Land of Israel. This endeared him to many, but also led to criticism by others. Rabbi Kook tirelessly encouraged all Jews to move to the Land of Israel, always striving to raise up the religious observance in the Land of Israel.

During World War I, Rabbi Kook was stuck in Europe, unable to return to his beloved Land of Israel. He ended up becoming a Rabbi of a community in England, where he was involved in urging for what would become known as the Balfour Declaration, a critical exclamation by the British government that would play a vital role in the establishment of the State of Israel.

In the end, Rabbi Kook’s philosophies proved prophetic. The future of the Jewish people was in the Land of Israel. Europe would become a mass cemetery for millions of Jews, while the Return to Zion would lead to a massive return that would see millions of Jews returning to the Land of Israel following the establishment of the State of Israel.

⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

He was the Chief Rabbi of Jaffa and the small settlements nearby. Rabbi Kook was known for taking a positive approach to the non-religious pioneers in the Land of Israel. This endeared him to many, but also led to criticism by others. Rabbi Kook tirelessly encouraged all Jews to move to the Land of Israel, always striving to raise up the religious observance in the Land of Israel.
(COMMENT)
For many of us, in the theater of the common world; → have no real perception of the matters that → there are very few questions that open that see The Rabbi as a dehumanizing figure. I read in the 2014 Research Book that
The Rabbi was viewed as "the premier spiritual representative of religious support for the Zionist enterprise." (I'm not really sure what that means.). But maybe whatever it means, we know it is real, very thin, and damn near entirely universal. And yet The Rabbi brings it to life. It is mystical → and yet not. The Rabbi makes it appear that you could, given the right circumstance, that you hold it in your hand.

Remarkable.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,

R

⁜→ Sixties Fan, et al,

(COMMENT)
For many of us, in the theater of the common world; → have no real perception of the matters that → there are very few questions that open that see The Rabbi as a dehumanizing figure. I read in the 2014 Research Book that
The Rabbi was viewed as "the premier spiritual representative of religious support for the Zionist enterprise." (I'm not really sure what that means.). But maybe whatever it means, we know it is real, very thin, and damn near entirely universal. And yet The Rabbi brings it to life. It is mystical → and yet not. The Rabbi makes it appear that you could, given the right circumstance, that you hold it in your hand.

Remarkable.
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,

R
I believe it mainly means that most religious Jews were waiting for the Messiah. Only via the Messiah coming the Jews could have their nation back, free of its invaders as in olden times. This Rabbi supported Zionism, regardless of the Messiah having come at the time.

One Jewish story leads to another. After posting “The Hebron Massacre Saved My Cousin’s Life” in The Times of Israel (May 12, 2022), I received a phone call from Ayala Mizrachi of San Jose, California, who told me that her father was also living in Hebron in 1929. But instead of being attacked by Arabs, he was saved by them.

When I first listened to her message, recorded in a strong Israeli accent, I thought I must have heard it wrong. Something about Arab neighbors hiding them in the basement. Could that be? After learning how my cousin had been brutally stabbed and left for dead, this sounded most unlikely.

I couldn’t wait to call her. When we finally connected a week later, this is what she said:

“My father’s family was living in Hebron in 1929. My grandfather was a carpenter. He and my grandmother had seven children, three boys and four girls. The family spoke Ladino and traced their ancestry back to Spain. My father, the second oldest, was 17 years old at the time of the pogrom.

“Until that Shabbos afternoon, the Arabs and Jews in Hebron had been on friendly terms. True, there were a few stabbings and knifings over the years, but generally, relations were good. In fact, the Arabs had been reassuring the Jews that they were safe, not to worry, and so the family had no inkling that an attack was in the making.

“When the Arabs started pouring onto the street, their neighbor bade them, ‘Come to our house!’ and hid them in the basement. The matriarch of that Arab family was a righteous woman who had made the Hajj to Mecca. When the mob came pounding on the door, saying, ‘We know you are hiding Jews inside,’ she told them, ‘No, we’re not!’ and shut the door.

“Toward evening, buses came and took the survivors to Jerusalem. Some cousins, who also survived, remained in Jerusalem, but my father’s family moved to Tel Aviv. Both my parents but especially my father, his siblings, and all his cousins served in the Irgun.

(full article online)

Eighty years ago, an ominous and devastating policy was enacted by the British government that would cause severe destruction upon the Jewish people.

The MacDonald White paper, issued by the colonial Foreign Secretary Malcolm Macdonald was proposed on May 17 and ratified on May 22, 1939. That week, British commitments to facilitate a Jewish state under the terms of the 1917 Balfour Declaration were essentially nullified. The White paper also denied Jews desperately seeking refuge as the Nazi threat increased.

On November 9, 1938, the British Government announced their intention to invite representatives of the Arabs in Palestine and nearby countries to confer with Jewish representatives at a London conference in search of a solution to their vast differences. The proposed meetings were from the start a futile venture as the Arabs refused to even sit with the Jews. Separate meetings were held and they ended predictably with no resolution.

The Macdonald White Paper rejected the 1937 Peel Commission’s recommendation of the partition of the land. Jewish immigration would be restricted to 15,000 per year over the next five years, and land purchases by Zionists would be severely restricted. Any further immigration after the five years would be determined by the Arab majority, which would essentially terminate the Zionist enterprise.

This move by the British came at the culmination of over twenty years of intermittent waves of Arab terror and at the end of three years of devastating Arab riots in British mandatory Palestine. The initially proposed borders of a Jewish State by the 1917 Balfour Declaration were downsized until there would be no Jewish State at all. The demands of the opponents of Zion were met.

The fact that the British Mandate over Palestine was a responsibility that was granted by an outside party, the League of Nations at San Remo in 1922, and therefore did not exclusively grant cart blanch to the British to act as they pleased meant little since that organization by the 1930’s was of little importance. Anyway, who would hold the British accountable when their respective nations also had imposed severe quotas on Jewish immigration during these desperate times for European Jewry facing the increasing threat of Nazism?

The Jewish Agency swiftly responded with indignation. “The Jewish people regard this policy as a breach of faith and a surrender to Arab terrorism…….It is in the darkest hour of Jewish history that the British Government proposes to deprive the Jews of their last hope and to close the road back to their homeland.” The following day, a general strike was called for Jews in Palestine. That day, 300,000 Jews in Palestine attended protests, in which 120 Jews were wounded during clashes with British police. At one protest, Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi, Yitzchak HaLevi Herzog, burned a copy of the White Paper. The protests continued over the following weeks. Zionist leader, Chaim Weizmann called it a “Death sentence for the Jewish people.”

Emergency funds were sent to Palestine by the Jewish National Fund to purchase lands while the opportunity still existed.

Three days later, on May 21, protests in the United States had begun. Thousands of Jews demonstrated in cities throughout the US. At the same time, 230 American Jewish leaders urged Secretary of State Cordell Hull to refuse recognition of the White Paper.

(full article online)

It did, it just didn't use that term. The people who lived there got the territory. The people who lived there got the nationality. The people who lived there got the citizenship. The people who lived there got the sovereignty.

In article 22 of the LoN Covenant, the people who lived there were to be led to independence.

In the 1925 Palestine Citizenship Order, stated that the people who lived there would become Palestinian citizens.

In subsequent UN resolutions, the people who live there (the Palestinian people in Palestine) have the right to self determination, independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity.

It is what I call the people of the place. Nowhere does anyone mention that the people from someplace else get anything.
Is nobody going to refute this.

And you totally omit the existence of the Mandate for Palestine during that time and why the British chose the word Palestine and not Israel.

The Arabs who migrated there because of the Jewish building of cities and businesses at the end of the 19th century and early 20th century, are "People of someplace else" as you put it.

The Jews living there, or migrating back to their own ancient homeland, are STILL and always have been, and always will be the "People of the Place".

Your inability to accept it because of your extremist Christian views is your problem and nobody else's .

In the 1925 Palestine Citizenship Order, stated that the people who lived there would become Palestinian citizens.

Sounds good.
In 1948, the Arabs were going to get a country and the Jews were going to get a country.
Then the Arabs screwed up. And they continue, to do this day, screwing up. Very sad.

SUBTOPIC: Challenge to
Posting #1877 (supra)
⁜→ et al,

The Covenant of the League of Nations:

◈ Was only relevant during the life of the League.
Expiration: April 20, 1946
Effective: 10 January 1920​
Signed: 28 June 1919​
(COMMENT)
The Covenant only applied to those nations that signed and ratified the Covenant. It did not apply to any Arab State in the Territory to which the Order-in-Council applied. The Covenant
did not IMPOSE impose on other signatories any duty, or requirement to provide activities in a certain way. The Covenant is not a promissory note. The Covenant does NOT entangle a signatory into Providing an act or service for an unlimited entitlement. That is particularly true if a party to the Covenant is NOT a direct beneficiary - OR - is not an if a third party is NOT a party to the Covenant.

Thus; anyone would be hard-pressed in an argument if they were a complainant - not a member of the Covenant.

It is important to note that the main body of the Covenant → Articles 1 thru 26.

What is it that caught your eye?
1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back