The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rights and title over the Occupied Enemy Territory that was renounced by the Ottoman Empire/Turkish Republic at the conclusion of the War were NOT placed in the hands of the inhabitants.

Yes, and the reason they were not placed in the hands of the inhabitants is because it was judged that the inhabitants were incapable of self-government. That still seems to be the case for the Arab Palestinians.

So, foreigners with guns can prevent the people's right to declare independence.

Where is that legal?

Link?

Every word of that is wrong.

First, the Jewish people are not foreigners in their own homeland.

Second, it wasn't (and isn't) guns which gave the Jewish people the right to self-determination in their own homeland -- it is the inherent right of all peoples to self-determination and sovereignty. The guns only became necessary when hostile Arabs decided to prevent the Jewish people from exercising their inherent, inviolable right to self-determination, as confirmed and written in international law by the international community from 1920 onward. In fact, you are (again) inverting the truth. It is the Arabs who are STILL (!) attempting to use guns and violence to reverse and erase the actual, declared and recognized independence of Israel. With absolutely zero effect, except to entrench the Jewish peoples need for safety and security.

Third, no one is preventing the Arab Palestinians from declaring independence. In fact, they HAVE declared independence, in 1988. Their declaration is complete. And look! no one prevented it. In fact, Hamas can declare independence in Gaza today, tomorrow or next week. They meet the necessary criteria of: government, people, territory and treating with other states.

And to answer your question about legality: the accepted legal standard in the world where different, distinct ethnic/cultural groups within a territory are each vying for self-determination and sovereignty is to partition the territory. In other words, the accepted legal standard is that self-determination trumps territorial integrity. Witness former Ottoman Empire, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Sudan, etc, etc, etc. Its only the Arab Palestinians who insist on special treatment. Why is that, do you think?
Second, it wasn't (and isn't) guns which gave the Jewish people the right to self-determination in their own homeland -- it is the inherent right of all peoples to self-determination and sovereignty.
Yes they did. They moved in under the gun of the British military.

Nobody has the "right" to violate the rights of others. The Zionists moved in from Europe, under the gun, and violated the rights of the Palestinians. That is an act of aggression.

When you're under occupation by the BRITISH --- you follow their rules. There's a reason Britain was assigned that job to administer that part of the Ottoman Empire.. "The gun of the British military" seems to imply they had rightful title to the land and NOT the Palestinians or the Jews.. Their disposition of land took into account BOTH those interests when they left...

There was never such a country as Palestine
Link?

Who was the President of Palestine in 1946? LOL don’t need a link for something that doesn’t exist
Where was Israel for 4000 years?

That's part of the topic of this thread... I'm sure someone will get around to pointing out that under the Roman Empire -- it was the leadership of the Jews in Jerusalem that the Romans conspired with "to deal with" their Jesus "problem"... And at the time, the governance of Jerusalem was pretty much headquartered in the 2nd Temple...

The Patriots won the last SB. I don’t need a link to prove it. Palestine never existed as a country. I dont Need a link to prove it. Try to follow along.
Was Israel exist?
Israel never ever exist in 4000 years of history. Means you don't have prove.

That is not even the topic? And why 4K years? That number is arbitrary.
Then don't talk nonsense, if Palestine don't exist. Does Israel exist? NOOOOOOO, Never 4000.

Yes it does. It began in 1947. Listen Zombie. I am Not an Islamist so I think for myself. Who was the President of Palestine in 1946? Answer that. I can name Israel’s presidents from 1947 and beyond. You zombies can never answer simple questions. And your English sucks.
How much do you earn from here to spread false propaganda. Whole world knows Israel is created on the suffering of people of Holly Land with out any mandate or false mandate when UN has member from wwii coalition. Now tell me you are zombi or not.

You have a valid point.. The way France, England, Russia carved up the Mid East after the Ottoman Empire was a bad atrocious act.. Very arrogant. And not that smart... Sikes -- Picot had a cup of tea and a biscuit and drew 3 lines on a map and called it day... And the world is STILL PAYING for that arrogance and stupidity today...

But neither Muslims, Jews, Israelis and Palestinians had much of a say in that matter... And the ultra nationalism in Arab Mid East today is a large part of the pain and suffering of the Arab countries today... ALL BECAUSE the British FORCED nation-states with phony boundaries...

Blame THEM -- not Jews....

Then don't talk nonsense, if Palestine don't exist. Does Israel exist? NOOOOOOO, Never 4000.
Palestine does not exist. Israel does not exit. India does not exist. Pakistan does not exist.

Now we are done undoing countries and regions which never existed.

:)

I am waiting for him to tell me who the President of “Palestine” was in 1946.
I am waiting for you to tell me where was Israel before Palestine? Zoooommmmbbbbbiii.

It didn’t exist and then it did in 1947 on empty nomadic land owned by the UK. Now answer me. Who was the President of “Palestine” in 1946? Hurry up Zombie.

Not owned by UK invaded by UK and now invaded by Israel. It is not legitimate country and I am not bound to answer your stupid question.

Ownership of Israel/Palestine was simply passed from ONE EMPIRE to the next.. That's the entire history of the Holy Land -- a rolling parade of occupations.. UK did not HAVE to invade. The winners of the battle with Ottomans, divided up ADMINISTRATION of the lands because these westerners did not see any history of actual GOVERNANCE to the standards that "empires" have... That's arrogant and stupid... But that's history... France got a piece, Russia got a piece and Britain drew the Holy Land card..

Was Israel exist?
Israel never ever exist in 4000 years of history. Means you don't have prove.

Yes it does. It began in 1947. Listen Zombie. I am Not an Islamist so I think for myself. Who was the President of Palestine in 1946? Answer that. I can name Israel’s presidents from 1947 and beyond. You zombies can never answer simple questions. And your English sucks.
How much do you earn from here to spread false propaganda. Whole world knows Israel is created on the suffering of people of Holly Land with out any mandate or false mandate when UN has member from wwii coalition. Now tell me you are zombi or not.

You have a valid point.. The way France, England, Russia carved up the Mid East after the Ottoman Empire was a bad atrocious act.. Very arrogant. And not that smart... Sikes -- Picot had a cup of tea and a biscuit and drew 3 lines on a map and called it day... And the world is STILL PAYING for that arrogance and stupidity today...

But neither Muslims, Jews, Israelis and Palestinians had much of a say in that matter... And the ultra nationalism in Arab Mid East today is a large part of the pain and suffering of the Arab countries today... ALL BECAUSE the British FORCED nation-states with phony boundaries...

Would it be unfair to describe Zionism as a form of Jewish ultra-nationalism?

Just cleaned and deleted 33 posts and issued 3 warnings... That's about 3 pages of posts that were illegal by USMB rules.. Folks with warnings tonight will be thread--banned on their next warning in this thread...

Let me help you avoid that....

1) Remember the TOPIC and the scope and reason for this thread. You have to have "specific topical content" in every post.. If that content is THERE, moderators don't care about reasonable amounts of flaming and personal shots..

2) NOTHING is on topic if it deals with links or references to anything AFTER the 1967 war... The rest of this forum is for everything else relatively modern.. Don't care if you take it back to the Jurassic era, but don't go past 1967...

3) Personal exchanges with no respect for the topic are the worst offense on USMB.. AND -- no one else wants to read thru all that nonsense. You wanna fight each other -- go use the Badlands forum or the Rubber Room where moderators are hardly there..

Really not gonna make a habit of cleaning and re-booting this discussion.. Folks will just get banned from this thread..

Last edited:

Way I look at it is Zionism had a different mission and structure PRIOR to 1948.. It was a global "alliance" of founders intent on creating a state as a safe harbor for Jews.. PREFERABLY in the Holy land.. It held world-wide "congresses" (i think) every year and LOBBIED heavily world-wide.

After 1948, it did became a form of nationalism.. And has a newer mission to sustain an actual nation with a heritage and a mission.. Stop short of the "ultra" part, because Israel has never had any real objection to being neighborly with Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and EXTREMELY tolerant of other religions and practices..

But they live in a neighborhood that's a bit "rough" and unstable... Not their fault.. Always remember to blame the Brits... LOL...

BTW... In terms of what we know today as the Arab states, those nations were formed LARGELY as means to resist and push out occupation and imperialism.. Nation states are NOT an Arab tradition.. They became a necessity.. Because older borders were based on tribal, family, culture, the new borders caused a lot of "ultra nationalism" between the Arab states themselves. All because the western empires screwed up the NATURAL borders that existed... Thus the retro move to "restore a Caliphate" based on more a more ancestral border..

Way I look at it is Zionism had a different mission and structure PRIOR to 1948.. It was a global "alliance" of founders intent on creating a state as a safe harbor for Jews.. PREFERABLY in the Holy land.. It held world-wide "congresses" (i think) every year and LOBBIED heavily world-wide.

After 1948, it did became a form of nationalism.. And has a newer mission to sustain an actual nation with a heritage and a mission.. Stop short of the "ultra" part, because Israel has never had any real objection to being neighborly with Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and EXTREMELY tolerant of other religions and practices..

But they live in a neighborhood that's a bit "rough" and unstable... Not their fault.. Always remember to blame the Brits... LOL...

Yeah I think it's probably a guilty conscience that keeps many modern day brits passive in the face of violent muslim extremism and their own government's heavy handed political censorship. Similar to what is happening in Germany, France and western Europe in general I suppose. Personally I find it all rather degrading and more than a bit...um..triggering. Even though I will probably never visit those countries, I still feel almost personally insulted when I hear about them being murdered or raped by islamic invaders. It seems so much more personal than how I felt when watching the Christchurch massacre video.

There was never such a country as Palestine
Link?

Who was the President of Palestine in 1946? LOL don’t need a link for something that doesn’t exist
Why did you say it if you can't prove it? :290968001256257790-final:

The Patriots won the last SB. I don’t need a link to prove it. Palestine never existed as a country. I dont Need a link to prove it. Try to follow along.
The U.S. State Department Digest of International Law says that the terms of the Treaty of Lausanne provided for the application of the principles of state succession to the "A" Mandates. The Treaty of Versailles (1920) provisionally recognized the former Ottoman communities as independent nations. It also required Germany to recognize the disposition of the former Ottoman territories and to recognize the new states laid down within their boundaries. The Treaty of Lausanne required the newly created states that acquired the territory to pay annuities on the Ottoman public debt, and to assume responsibility for the administration of concessions that had been granted by the Ottomans. A dispute regarding the status of the territories was settled by an Arbitrator appointed by the Council of the League of Nations. It was decided that Palestine and Transjordan were newly created states according to the terms of the applicable post-war treaties. In its Judgment No. 5, The Mavrommatis Palestine Concessions, the Permanent Court of International Justice also decided that Palestine was responsible as the successor state for concessions granted by Ottoman authorities. The Courts of Palestine and Great Britain decided that title to the properties shown on the Ottoman Civil list had been ceded to the government of Palestine as an allied successor state.[16]

State of Palestine: Difference between revisions - Wikipedia

Where was Israel for 4000 years?

Who cares about 4K yrs lol.
Lol like you don't.

4K is arbitrary. 1946 is pretty real with TVs and everything. Still no Palestine. Funny right?

Then it is pretty real too, with TVs and everything that Israel pose on holly land by force, by false mandate by tiny UN at the time.

Its all rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll real.

How can a mandate be false? If I own a house and you rent in it. I can kick you out and sell or give it to whom ever I want. You then tried to take it back by direct force and lost and now you whine to the same UN. I don’t follow your logic at all. The was no “Palestine” it was British land with nomads living in it. They gave it to the Jews and the Jews asked others to live there but they left. Now that it’s flourishing you want it back. Sorry it doesn’t work that way. There are 50+ other Islamist countries so feel free to move there
The was no “Palestine” it was British land with nomads living in it.
It was not British land. The Mandates were trustees.

Nobody has the "right" to violate the rights of others. The Zionists moved in from Europe, under the gun, and violated the rights of the Palestinians. That is an act of aggression.

Exactly. Nobody has the right to violate the rights of others. Self-determination is an inherent, inviolable right belonging to all peoples. (You've OFTEN said that exact thing). Thus,nobody has the right to violate the right to self-determination of the Jewish people. It would be an act of aggression to do so. (Also no one has the right to violate the right to self-determination of the Arab Palestinian people.)

Now, the standard in the world with multiple peoples desiring self-determination is to partition the territory and give them both self-determination.
is to partition the territory
It was not "the territory," it was Palestine. The Palestinians have the right to territorial integrity.

So, foreigners with guns can prevent the people's right to declare independence.

Where is that legal?

Link?

Every word of that is wrong.

First, the Jewish people are not foreigners in their own homeland.

Second, it wasn't (and isn't) guns which gave the Jewish people the right to self-determination in their own homeland -- it is the inherent right of all peoples to self-determination and sovereignty. The guns only became necessary when hostile Arabs decided to prevent the Jewish people from exercising their inherent, inviolable right to self-determination, as confirmed and written in international law by the international community from 1920 onward. In fact, you are (again) inverting the truth. It is the Arabs who are STILL (!) attempting to use guns and violence to reverse and erase the actual, declared and recognized independence of Israel. With absolutely zero effect, except to entrench the Jewish peoples need for safety and security.

Third, no one is preventing the Arab Palestinians from declaring independence. In fact, they HAVE declared independence, in 1988. Their declaration is complete. And look! no one prevented it. In fact, Hamas can declare independence in Gaza today, tomorrow or next week. They meet the necessary criteria of: government, people, territory and treating with other states.

And to answer your question about legality: the accepted legal standard in the world where different, distinct ethnic/cultural groups within a territory are each vying for self-determination and sovereignty is to partition the territory. In other words, the accepted legal standard is that self-determination trumps territorial integrity. Witness former Ottoman Empire, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Sudan, etc, etc, etc. Its only the Arab Palestinians who insist on special treatment. Why is that, do you think?
Second, it wasn't (and isn't) guns which gave the Jewish people the right to self-determination in their own homeland -- it is the inherent right of all peoples to self-determination and sovereignty.
Yes they did. They moved in under the gun of the British military.

When you're under occupation by the BRITISH --- you follow their rules. There's a reason Britain was assigned that job to administer that part of the Ottoman Empire.. "The gun of the British military" seems to imply they had rightful title to the land and NOT the Palestinians or the Jews.. Their disposition of land took into account BOTH those interests when they left...
"The gun of the British military" seems to imply they had rightful title to the land and NOT the Palestinians or the Jews..
Not so. The Mandates had a non annexation policy. The land was ceded to the respective new states.

Why blame to Brits? They have gone almost 80 years has been passed. It sound like that snake has gone 80 years ago, you are beating the line left on ground. Means you can not put owner of the land into camps and start calling owner yourself, it unfair and unacceptable.

This thread was created in order to attempt to fix the significant derailment of another thread without having to delete posts.

The topic of this thread is one that comes up with regularity in IP, and is also a frequent derailer of active threads so it will now have a thread of it's own which will be pinned as a "stickie".

I apologize ahead of time for the bumpy discontinuous beginnig of this, but I think it will smooth out as discussion goes on.

The topic is: The history involving the creation of Israel, the British Mandate, and the applicable actions of the UN in that history.
I mean we should delete those posters posts who are responsible for derailment. means who started different debate than topic itself.

Exactly. Nobody has the right to violate the rights of others. Self-determination is an inherent, inviolable right belonging to all peoples. (You've OFTEN said that exact thing). Thus,nobody has the right to violate the right to self-determination of the Jewish people. It would be an act of aggression to do so. (Also no one has the right to violate the right to self-determination of the Arab Palestinian people.)

Now, the standard in the world with multiple peoples desiring self-determination is to partition the territory and give them both self-determination.
It was not "the territory," it was Palestine. The Palestinians have the right to territorial integrity.

Who was the President of this “Palestine” in 1946 please? Thank you. Me. Tinmore will not answer this so I please ask someone else to do so. Thank you.

No such thing as “Palestine” it was a land without leadership with a bunch of nomadic tribes. I am not sure why it is so hard to comprehend.

RE: The NEWER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

OK, let's backup here, and understand who the players are:

The Principal (or Major- or Entente) Allied Powers in The Great War (WWI) were:

Great Britain (and the British Empire),
France,
Russia
• Japan
• Italy
✪ The Allied Powers in The Great War (WWI) included:
  • Armenia,
  • Belgium,
  • Greece,
  • Hejaz,
  • Poland,
  • Portugal,
  • Romania,
  • Serb-Croat-Slovene,
  • Czechoslovakia.
✪ The United States was "technically speaking" an "Associate Power."
It was not British land. The Mandates were trustees.
(COMMENT)

Who the players are is a very important distinction. The "Mandate for Palestine" starts with the opening phrase:

"Whereas the Principal Allied Powers have agreed,"​

Let there be no mistake... The Mandate represented an agreement between the "PRINCIPAL" Allied Powers. It was the PRINCIPAL Allied Powers that set the conditions as to the appearance of the Mandate and the Mandatories.

✪ In the case of Palestine, within such boundaries as may be fixed by the PRINCIPAL Allied Powers selected Great Britain as the Mandatory.

✪ The responsibility for implementing the Balfour Declaration was a decision by the Principal Allied Powers.​

(COMMENT)

Wrong again:

In 1920 (during the San Remo Convention) → up and until August 1922 [during the final formulation of the terms submitted to the Council of the League of Nations (LoN)] such boundaries had not yet been fixed.

Under the description, pursuant to the Palestine Order in Council (August 1922) → "the limits of this Order are the territories to which the Mandate for Palestine applies, hereinafter described as Palestine."

AND: as cited in the Preamble: And whereas, by treaty, capitulation, grant, usage, sufferance and other lawful means, His Majesty has power and jurisdiction within Palestine.

Great Britain had the power and jurisdiction within "Palestine" (no matter what you want to call it).

Not so. The Mandates had a non annexation policy. The land was ceded to the respective new states.
(COMMENT)

Wrong again. The word "Annex" or "Annexation" was not used even once in the entirety of the Mandate.

Don't confuse Article 5 with a prohibition relative to Annexation. What it says (as agreed to by the Principal Allied Powers) that NO "territory shall be ceded or leased to, or in any way placed under the control of, the Government of any foreign Power."

This is a circular order, in which the Principal Allied Power is telling itself, a Principal Allied Power, there is a limit. Remembering that the "Mandatory shall have full powers of legislation and of administration, save as they may be limited by the terms of this mandate."

What limits there are in the Mandate and in the Orders in Council are in place at the discretion of the Principal Allied Powers and no other. And what is put in place by the Principal Allied Powers, can be lifted by the Allied Powers.

Most Respectfully,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back