The New York Commie Times Calls for Destruction of Mount Rushmore

Why am I not surprized at this nest of vipers doing this?

The New York Times has set its sights on Mount Rushmore as protesters demand the removal of historic monuments in the name of racial justice, citing its location on “Indigenous land,” the sculptor’s purported ties to white supremacy, and two of its subjects’ slave ownership.
“Mount Rushmore was built on land that belonged to the Lakota tribe and sculpted by a man who had strong bonds with the Ku Klux Klan. It features the faces of 2 U.S. presidents who were slaveholders,” the New York Times wrote, linking to a news article detailing complaints against American landmark:

The NY Times should be sued to bankruptcy. The chief carver of Mt Rushmore was an Italian, Luigi Del Bianco

My friend Doug wrote a book about it

Carving a Niche for Himself: The Untold Story of Luigi Del Bianco and Mount Rushmore by Douglas J. Gladstone

I've always thought Mt. Rushmore is a huge monument to American arrogance, treachery and racism.

The Black Hills are the Natives' holiest of holies. The American government not only stole it from them in order to get hands on some gold, then they chiseled the enormous faces of four of our leaders on its face. Graffiti in the most monstrous way. It was an entirely arrogant, tone deaf chest thumping piece of work and I'm embarrassed every time I see a picture of it.

It can't be undone. But it sure as hell could be closed and left to weather away. There is ongoing maintenance to keep it in good shape. Maybe in a hundred years there wouldn't be much left to recognize.

I don't believe in tearing down statues or renaming streets. But Mt. Rushmore is actually a monument to something America should NOT be proud of.
Americans can do anything. At least thinking positive by trying! But extreme feminism took over.

WHoohoo!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!.... keep going!!... don't stop now!
C'mon CNN crowd...call for the cancellation of Thanksgiving!! Christmas!!..Easter!!.... why stop now!!

The New York Times has set its sights on Mount Rushmore as protesters demand the removal of historic monuments in the name of racial justice, citing its location on “Indigenous land,” the sculptor’s purported ties to white supremacy, and two of its subjects’ slave ownership.
“Mount Rushmore was built on land that belonged to the Lakota tribe and sculpted by a man who had strong bonds with the Ku Klux Klan. It features the faces of 2 U.S. presidents who were slaveholders,” the New York Times wrote, linking to a news article detailing complaints against American landmark:
The new york times founding editor was a slave owner

not surprising

Just like the Taliban destroyed Buddhist statues.

Wingnuts who support Putin’s puppet think it’s a sick burn to call other people commies. :lol:
Putin is leader of an oligarchy and a communist like the retard AOC who thinks Castro and Che Guevara were heroes.

Nobody stole land from Native Americans. They gave it up for whiskey or were victim's of modernization.

Mmmm.....I don't think this is accurate
Of course it's accurate. It's ignorant to think that a people living like the Natives of North and South America would not be pushed aside by a modern people with a history of war, conquest and industrialization.

Nobody stole land from Native Americans. They gave it up for whiskey or were victim's of modernization.
The Amerindians did not have a concept of ownership of anything, especially land. Things were used by who ever needed them and land ownership was an alien concept to them.

This is why we have the old phrase 'Indian givers' because most Amerindians gave things in the context of 'you can use this since you need it, and I will take it back when I need it again.'

I studied the preamble to the Indiana 1810 census report sent to Congress, and they lay out the land usage by Amerindians as essentially vacated. Most of the land set aside for them was not even being hunted on within Indiana territory. Most Amerindians assimilated into either the lower class of white society or on the fringes of white society economically, hunting and trapping to get cash.

It was only the hard core haters of white society that hung on on the reservations. These militants were a constant source of raiding, theiving and rustling. The young adult males could not be controled by their elders and were a constant source of trouble untill Andrew Jackson sent the most militant west of the Mississippi and allowing the peaceful tribes to remain.

Bullshit! Both of the founders were from New England and owned no slaves...while the Times was Conservative at its founding..and were in competition with Horace Greeley's abolitionist paper..neither condoned slavery..and neither owned any slaves. In a few years the Times became the Republican paper of choice..and was considered Liberal.
You just make this shit up as you go and your ignorant cohorts eat it up..how very pathetic!

The New York Times was founded as the New-York Daily Times on September 18, 1851.[a] Founded by journalist and politician Henry Jarvis Raymond and former banker George Jones, the Times was initially published by Raymond, Jones & Company.[24] Early investors in the company included Edwin B. Morgan,[25] Christopher Morgan,[26] and Edward B. Wesley.[27] Sold for a penny (equivalent to 31 cents today), the inaugural edition attempted to address various speculations on its purpose and positions that preceded its release:[28]

We shall be Conservative, in all cases where we think Conservatism essential to the public good;—and we shall be Radical in everything which may seem to us to require radical treatment and radical reform. We do not believe that everything in Society is either exactly right or exactly wrong;—what is good we desire to preserve and improve;—what is evil, to exterminate, or reform.

In 1852, the newspaper started a western division, The Times of California, which arrived whenever a mail boat from New York docked in California. However, the effort failed once local California newspapers came into prominence.[29]

On September 14, 1857, the newspaper officially shortened its name to The New-York Times. (The hyphen in the city name was dropped on December 1, 1896.)[30] On April 21, 1861, The New York Times began publishing a Sunday edition to offer daily coverage of the Civil War. One of the earliest public controversies it was involved with was the Mortara Affair, the subject of twenty editorials in the Times alone.[31]

The main office of The New York Times was attacked during the New York City Draft Riots. The riots, sparked by the beginning of drafting for the Union Army, began on July 13, 1863. On "Newspaper Row", across from City Hall, co-founder Henry Raymond stopped the rioters with Gatling guns, early machine guns, one of which he manned himself. The mob diverted, instead attacking the headquarters of abolitionist publisher Horace Greeley's New York Tribune until being forced to flee by the Brooklyn City Police, who had crossed the East River to help the Manhattan authorities.[32]

In 1869, Henry Raymond died, and George Jones took over as publisher.[33]

The newspaper's influence grew in 1870 and 1871, when it published a series of exposés on William Tweed, leader of the city's Democratic Party—popularly known as "Tammany Hall" (from its early-19th-century meeting headquarters)—that led to the end of the Tweed Ring's domination of New York's City Hall.[34] Tweed had offered The New York Times five million dollars (equivalent to 107 million dollars in 2019) to not publish the story.
[25]

He was born on January 24, 1820, on the family farm near Lima, New York, a son and the eldest child of Lavinia Brockway, the daughter of Clark Brockway and Sally Wade and Jarvis Raymond, the son of Jonathan P. Raymond and Hannah Jarvis.[1][2]

He was an 8th generation direct lineal descendant of Captain Richard Raymond (1602–1692) and his wife, Judith. There is no evidence to suggest that he was born in Essex, England, although Samuel Raymond's family history makes that claim, and he arrived in Salem, Massachusetts, about 1629/30, possibly with a contingent led by the Rev. Francis Higginson. The first actual date given for Richard is on August 6, 1629, when he is on the list of the 30 founding members of the First Church (Congregational) of Salem. He was about 27 years old. He was made a Freeman of Salem in 1634 and was later a founder of Norwalk, Connecticut, and an "honored forefather of Saybrook".

Education
Raymond gave early evidence of his superior intellectual skills: it is said that he could read by the age of three and deliver speeches when he was five. He enrolled at age twelve in the Genesee Wesleyan Seminary at Lima, New York, a school established by the Methodist Episcopal Church which would later grow into Syracuse University.

He graduated from the University of Vermont in 1840 with high honors. Between 1841 and 1851, Raymond worked for various newspapers, including Horace Greeley's New York Tribune and James Watson Webb's Courier and Enquirer, as a journalist and associate editor. He had known George Jones since their time at the Tribune and the two had often discussed the possibility of starting a newspaper themselves. In 1851, Raymond convinced Jones to become his partner and publish a new paper that would report the news in a neutral manner. In 1851, Raymond formed Raymond, Jones & Company, Inc. and founded The New York Times. He was the newspaper's editor until his death.[3]

Jones was born in 1811 in Poultney, Vermont and moved to Granville, Ohio[1] for a time. He moved back to Vermont after his parents died. Jones was employed at the Northern Spectator.

By 1833, he had moved to Troy, working in dry goods, and later in banking. After spending a few years in the area that would later become New York City,[2] he moved to and became a banker in Albany, New York. In Troy, on October 26, 1826, he married Sarah Maris Gilbert, daughter of Benjamin J. Gilbert, the leading merchant at the time of Troy. They had four children, Emma, Elizabeth, Mary and their only son, Gilbert.[3]

He and Raymond issued the first issue of the New-York Daily Times on September 18, 1851. The two had first become acquainted while working at the New-York Tribune under Horace Greeley. Jones solicited funds to begin the newspaper, earning contributions from investors in Albany and Aurora, including Edwin B. Morgan, as well supplying $25,000 from himself and another $25,000 from his former banking partner Edward Wesley.[4] The paper began publishing as the New York Times on September 14, 1857.[5]

Upon Raymond's death in June 1869, Jones took over as publisher. Between 1870-71, the paper had been repeatedly attacking Boss Tweed through editorials by George William Curtis and illustrations by Thomas Nast. Tweed tried to buy Raymond's widow's 34%, but Morgan purchased it before he could.[4] Tweed also offered Jones $5 million to not print the story, Jones refused. The efforts of the Times contributed to the downfall of Tweed and his corrupt city government.[2]

Why do Democrats hate America and Americans so much ? Why don't they just move ? Instead they destroy America!
So genius, you fell for the Breibart article without reading NYTimes article. As noted earlier by someone who isn’t lazy like you and who actually read the article (like myself), Breibart distorted the article into a lie and you naturally took the bait. Figures.
I don't know what your talking about . I just asked a simple question . Ha! Genius!

Forum List

Back