The new burger chef makes $3 an hour and never goes home

Some smarty will charge a buck less for his burgers and steal most of the business in town. So the others will drop their burgers a buck. It's how things work.
When brick and mortar businesses have all but gone extinct, not really how it works.

I don't think brick and mortar businesses will ever go completely extinct.

Even just last week, had a guy tell me that he greatly preferred buying from MicroCenter (a computer store local to here), over ordering computer parts on the internet, because if he had a problem, he could return it, or replace it the next day, and he could try on all the headphones and such, to see how they fit before buying.

And there are surprising to me, a number of people who like that experience.

Now I do think that the number of, or perhaps the size of brick and mortar stores will decrease. That I think is a given, and what we've seen. But I don't think there is much danger of them going "extinct" or something. Just not a likely outcome.
What will go on with brick and mortar business today, is that it will be the same as the groups all do in life, and that is that they will stick together by forming clubs, memberships, and tight nit units in order to survive the onslaught. So yes you are right that there will be far less brick and mortar operations over time I'm betting, but they will never go extinct. The good ole boy clique will always exist, and towns and cities are always full of that sort of stuff. Chambers of commerce is another club business members become members of.

Forum List

Back