The most interesting statistic of the month.

I believe it will take Christian leaders on both left and right,
including and especially Black church and civic leaders from
both liberal Democrat and Conservative Republican approaches,
to UNITE on solutions to funding and managing public schools, housing and health care
before we will stop the political abuse and waste of public authority and resources.

God SAVE us from well meaning preachers

If your kid has failing grades throughout his high school career, but getting social promotions, how can you assume he is doing alright. If you do not have enough passing credits to graduate with a high school diploma, you don't have enough credits.

Public schools keep the private schools thriving.

Especially the ghetto public schools.
I think it is a parental thing. Been observing a lot of public school zoom classes while my grandkids have been doing distance learning. Teachers have been fine. Instruction has been fine, in some cases actually impressive in the case of our second grade grand daughter. Of course we and our kids are not the type to assume everything is OK if one of the kids isn't cutting it. Quality may change from place to place, but the biggest thing is the kid doing the work. If they won't and you don't get on top of it for any reason, you and the kid are screwed. The problem is the modern failure of parenting, not shitty teachers being turned out by the colleges and universities.
Single parenting is at fault. Democrats destroyed the Black family and without fathers kids are almost sure to fail in school and in life. And Democrats will continue to exploit them and never fix the problem they created.

The US has been spending more on education then just about any nation in the world but because of liberal run cities like Baltimore, we continue to fall behind.

Last edited:
If your kid has failing grades throughout his high school career, but getting social promotions, how can you assume he is doing alright. If you do not have enough passing credits to graduate with a high school diploma, you don't have enough credits.

Naw, the 1.9T democrat stimulus bill keeps private schools going. There are billions going to private schools, Howard U, Gallaudet School for the Deaf, etc. They passed redundant funding for each of these. I have read the first 100 pages so far and it is ridiculous how they have doled out the pork. I can't wait to peruse the other 500+ pages. This is what the moron democrats voted in. I am proud that there were NO republican votes in the house or senate.

I was thinking in terms of my local Catholic High School.

The other choice is the public school system's Heroin Highs.....

I think it is a parental thing. Been observing a lot of public school zoom classes while my grandkids have been doing distance learning. Teachers have been fine. Instruction has been fine, in some cases actually impressive in the case of our second grade grand daughter. Of course we and our kids are not the type to assume everything is OK if one of the kids isn't cutting it. Quality may change from place to place, but the biggest thing is the kid doing the work. If they won't and you don't get on top of it for any reason, you and the kid are screwed. The problem is the modern failure of parenting, not shitty teachers being turned out by the colleges and universities.
Single parenting is at fault. Democrats destroyed the Black family and without fathers kids are almost sure to fail in school and in life. And Democrats will continue to exploit them and never fix the problem they created.
I do not think the failed republican party will fix it either. A lot of it has to happen in the culture and upbringing no matter the color of the skin.

Parenting is huge.

However, I saw in private school the teachers: nuns, brothers, and lay teachers - pushed me. Took an interest. Confronted my immature ways. Challenged me. Supported me, Encouraged me.

Also driven by high performing peers.

How you gonna bang the smart curvy gal if you are a flake?

So they were both a team with my parents. I had no where to hide from the reality of life.

I saw all my public school friends detached from the reality of the future.

I do not think the failed republican party will fix it either. A lot of it has to happen in the culture and upbringing no matter the color of the skin.
Trump advocated for school choice. That could go a long way to get good students out of terrible schools.

I believe it will take Christian leaders on both left and right,
including and especially Black church and civic leaders from
both liberal Democrat and Conservative Republican approaches,
to UNITE on solutions to funding and managing public schools, housing and health care
before we will stop the political abuse and waste of public authority and resources.

God SAVE us from well meaning preachers
God save us from Communist propaganda.

This is the age of "everyone gets a trophy." How do you continue to get federal funding if you don't promote every kid. Education--it's over-rated and racist.

Teacher's Unions. They are layered and have been ultra-powerful for decades!

Trump advocated for school choice. That could go a long way to get good students out of terrible schools.

Why do you assume it is a terrible school?

Your kid gets fat because he drinks too much milk and your solution is to kill the cow?

This is the age of "everyone gets a trophy." How do you continue to get federal funding if you don't promote every kid. Education--it's over-rated and racist.

What does a union have to do with this knot head failing?'

Why do you assume it is a terrible school?

Your kid gets fat because he drinks too much milk and your solution is to kill the cow?

Inner city public schools are in fact known for excellence....

Are you paying attention?

Since he can't stand up to teacher's unions, we haven't a chance of him standing up to China.

Since he can't stand up to teacher's unions, we haven't a chance of him standing up to China.

He can stand up to them all he wants, but they are contracted to a local school district. He has no say whatsoever.

John Thompson built his Georgetown basketball dynasty on the backs of kids he recruited from DC schools when a large percentage of those students graduated as functionally illiterate. If Tiffany’s fatherless son could play basketball well enough, he’d become a Georgetown-U-educated doctor who may operate on her someday!

Forum List

Back