The most interesting statistic of the month.

jehanne1431

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2018
If your kid has failing grades throughout his high school career, but getting social promotions, how can you assume he is doing alright. If you do not have enough passing credits to graduate with a high school diploma, you don't have enough credits.

"Even though he was failing classes, the school continued to promote him; after failing Spanish I and Algebra I, for example, the school still allowed him to take Spanish II and Algebra II."

Why? Who is that helping?

If your kid has failing grades throughout his high school career, but getting social promotions, how can you assume he is doing alright. If you do not have enough passing credits to graduate with a high school diploma, you don't have enough credits.

Public schools keep the private schools thriving.

Especially the ghetto public schools.

This is the age of "everyone gets a trophy." How do you continue to get federal funding if you don't promote every kid. Education--it's over-rated and racist.

Naw, the 1.9T democrat stimulus bill keeps private schools going. There are billions going to private schools, Howard U, Gallaudet School for the Deaf, etc. They passed redundant funding for each of these. I have read the first 100 pages so far and it is ridiculous how they have doled out the pork. I can't wait to peruse the other 500+ pages. This is what the moron democrats voted in. I am proud that there were NO republican votes in the house or senate.

Thanks To Republicans and Betsy DeVos
No, the teachers I had in public school from 1980-1984
were already warning me they were retiring out of the system
before the really bad agenda changes were coming down.

This started happening a while back.
The generations who finished school in the 1980s before
the system went downhill received the benefits of the OLD SCHOOL
education, all the traditional discipline and respect for authority
LOST on the new agenda of focusing on diversity to such an extreme
that the discipline and self-reliant business sense is lost to dependence
on govt to dictate social and financial decisions for people, instead of
people making decisions and govt reflecting and representing us inclusively.

Bush made the mistake of implementing the failed policy of
"No Pass No Play" which had the opposite impact as intended.
He had hired Rod Paige from Houston who was such a miserable
failure, the schools and teachers were more happy to get rid of him.

The Black leadership Bush collaborated with were the sellouts corrupting
the whole Democratic monopoly on the Black community. The wrong side
of the battle to correct the problems of exploiting minority populations.

I believe it will take Christian leaders on both left and right,
including and especially Black church and civic leaders from
both liberal Democrat and Conservative Republican approaches,
to UNITE on solutions to funding and managing public schools, housing and health care
before we will stop the political abuse and waste of public authority and resources.

I think it is a parental thing. Been observing a lot of public school zoom classes while my grandkids have been doing distance learning. Teachers have been fine. Instruction has been fine, in some cases actually impressive in the case of our second grade grand daughter. Of course we and our kids are not the type to assume everything is OK if one of the kids isn't cutting it. Quality may change from place to place, but the biggest thing is the kid doing the work. If they won't and you don't get on top of it for any reason, you and the kid are screwed. The problem is the modern failure of parenting, not shitty teachers being turned out by the colleges and universities.

Forum List

Back