The most common side effect is diarrhea.

Has anyone else noticed that almost every pharmaceutical commercial for some new drug lists a bunch of side effects and usually the 'most common' is diarrhea ?

And please tell me I'm not the only one who can never spell it right without looking it up.

Diarrhea = similar to hemorrhoid.

Has anyone else noticed that almost every pharmaceutical commercial for some new drug lists a bunch of side effects and usually the 'most common' is diarrhea ?

And please tell me I'm not the only one who can never spell it right without looking it up.

My favorite part of the commercials are usually the "Dont take Ribbitsy if you are allergic to it"... That one always makes me chuckle.. Or an anxiety drug that has the side effect of "increased anxiety".. :auiqs.jpg:

Part of this is useless FDA labeling.. They are REQUIRED to list all statistically significant "side effects" reported in the clinical trials even IF -- it's not scientifically possible for the drug to do that. So depending on the age group the drug targets -- you get whackier and whackier side effects that need to be disclosed...

My favorite part of the commercials are usually the "Dont take Ribbitsy if you are allergic to it"... That one always makes me chuckle.. Or an anxiety drug that has the side effect of "increased anxiety".. :auiqs.jpg:

Part of this is useless FDA labeling.. They are REQUIRED to list all statistically significant "side effects" reported in the clinical trials even IF -- it's not scientifically possible for the drug to do that. So depending on the age group the drug targets -- you get whackier and whackier side effects that need to be disclosed...

I love the Chantix one where it's something like "...suicidal thoughts may occur after taking Chantix. Don't take Chantix if you've experienced suicidal thoughts before, but you may still have them even if you never had them before after taking Chantix." Then of course "Don't drink alcohol while taking Chantix..."

Is this some kind of psychological 'power of suggestion' study ?

Last edited:

Gee, I'm glad I never saw that movie!

Of course a side effect of all these pills is diarrhea, that's because western medicine is the antithesis of holistic, all of it is weird, unnatural crap that poisons your bowels and kills all the natural bacteria.

Forum List

Back