The Meaning of Lyrics

Turning people on and off like the flick of a switch.... one of my sons does that shit.
I guess it's OK to do that as long as you've given it enough thought to understand exactly why you are doing it. I doubt that pouting and throwing a tantrum (hint-hint) are good enough reasons though. But that's just me.

I guess it's OK to do that as long as you've given it enough thought to understand exactly why you are doing it. I doubt that pouting and throwing a tantrum (hint-hint) are good enough reasons though. But that's just me.
From my experience most confrontations between individuals can end on a positive note if they're properly talked out with meaningful conversation. With the touchiest political issues I believe that most of us have most things in common and agree with one another on most issues.

We are constantly being divided for a reason..... this is something we all need to figure out on our own.

From my experience most confrontations between individuals can end on a positive note if they're properly talked out with meaningful conversation. With the touchiest political issues I believe that most of us have most things in common and agree with one another on most issues.
Agree.
We are constantly being divided for a reason..... this is something we all need to figure out on our own.
Although, I'm sure that you and I know what that reason is.

*** NEXT ONE: "Spill the wine, take that pearl!".

Okej, "spill the wine" is nothing terribly mysterious but "take that pearl"? What do pearls have to do with anything?

First, get the fucking lyrics right:

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

The song itself:

"...in the 2013 documentary History of the Eagles, singer Don Henley said, "It's a song about a journey from innocence to experience." Earlier than that, during a 2007 interview with 60 Minutes, he stated, in a very direct way, that the song was about "the dark underbelly of the American Dream, and about excess in America which was something we knew about." As the band was coming into its own during the mid-70's, there was also tension and drama within the group, as members vied for credits on songs and generally wrestled with internal power struggles. In short, the Eagles were placed face-to-face with the artist's eternal struggle of balancing commercial versus artistic concerns..."

Read More: The Hidden Meaning Of The Eagles' Hotel California - Grunge

First, get the fucking lyrics right:

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

The song itself:

"...in the 2013 documentary History of the Eagles, singer Don Henley said, "It's a song about a journey from innocence to experience." Earlier than that, during a 2007 interview with 60 Minutes, he stated, in a very direct way, that the song was about "the dark underbelly of the American Dream, and about excess in America which was something we knew about." As the band was coming into its own during the mid-70's, there was also tension and drama within the group, as members vied for credits on songs and generally wrestled with internal power struggles. In short, the Eagles were placed face-to-face with the artist's eternal struggle of balancing commercial versus artistic concerns..."

Read More: The Hidden Meaning Of The Eagles' Hotel California - Grunge
This is enough to sink your teeth into for a week!
Let's start with your statement, "get the fucking lyrics right". I suggest that you get the uh .... er ... um ... fucking spelling right:
"She got the Mercedes Benz":

But now to the most important part and nearly the reason we are all here, but not quite:
"Don Henley said, "It's a song about a journey from innocence to experience ..... the song was about "the dark underbelly of the American Dream, and about excess in America which was something we knew about."

Much appreciated but I think maybe the "Tiffany" thing and owning a "Mercedes Benz" (note the proper spelling) makes sense. :113:

So maybe "it's all about drugs" Disir learned something after all today! Oh, no I guess not - she's blocked me and now she's missed out.
:iyfyus.jpg:

Forum List

Back