The majority of Americans want to cut immigration from 1 million a year to 750,000 or less!

At least in my part of Maine, it is too cold for too long each year. There are very few good paying jobs except fishing, which requires a big initial investment and it will kill your back. Professional jobs--most folks have to move away to get jobs like that. Services, including medical services, are hours away. There is no public transportation and very little in the way of rental properties. We have to drive 90 miles to a movie theater. Enough reasons?

Since you clicked an agree to Camp's brainless attack against my immigration knowledge (which is well above average), I invite you to read a few of my many OPs on the subject >> as well as Post # 17 and 34 in this thread.

Since you also asked "Why" immigration should be reduced, it looks like you could really use the information I've supplied.

Trump IS Restricting Immigration - 5 Ways

Why Shouldnt DACA Illegal Aliens Be Deported

Sanctuary Leaders Must Be Imprisoned

DACA "Kids" Should Be Deported

Americans Should NOT Celebrate Cinco de Mayo

ICE Launches New VOICE Office

CA — 57% of ALL voters
WI — 57% of ALL voters
CO — 56% of ALL voters
VA — 57% of ALL voters
OH — 65% of ALL voters
PA — 58% of ALL voters
TN — 64% of ALL voters

Calif. & Wis. voters nearly identical in wanting immigration reduced

I was thinking cutting immigration down to about 1000 a year, on a case by case basis, either:

A). You are a world-class physicist fleeing a communist country wanting to come here.
B). You have a life threatening medical need that only America can fix and are not on welfare.

i wouldn't even stipulate a number but a few beggars that want to enter the USA MIGHT be allowed into the USA if they are good enough . And no voting for those new arrivals to the USA .

i wouldn't even stipulate a number but a few beggars that want to enter the USA MIGHT be allowed into the USA if they are good enough . And no voting for those new arrivals to the USA .

We need a weighting system whereby if you are from Canada, Northern Europe, South Korea, etc., your weighting = 0 If you are from eastern Europe, Russia, India, etc., maybe a weight of -1. If from the Middle East or Africa, -2. North Korea, -5. The heavier the weighting, the more positives you need (education, affluence, talent, skills) to overcome it in order to determine your place in line at getting a shot to enter. Likewise, maybe we need to start weighting a few people here. Add +1 for any of the following: Conservative, Constitutionalist, scholastically-gifted, or God-fearing. Subtract a -1 for being Radical Democratic, Leftist, Atheist, Anarchist, lifetime welfare case, dropout, or Rebel-rioter-protestor. -2 if you ever wore a pussy on your head. -4 if you have had a serious felony. When you get to -5, time to start looking for another country. People pull weeds from their garden, maybe time we start working to build a better America and get our shit together?

Don't kid yerself too much..It is because we had to endure forty years of illegal low skilled labor flooding the markets that makes it true

The US is a post industrial economy. We do not require low skilled labor as we have plenty of that domestically. The highly skilled labor can either be trained internally or supplemented via the H-1B Visa program.
Epitaph on America's Tombstone: TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION

Without paid training, there will always be not only shortages of skilled workers, but also the no-talent brownnoses who submit to indentured-servitude education will continue to cripple economic production.

The US is a post industrial economy. We do not require low skilled labor as we have plenty of that domestically. The highly skilled labor can either be trained internally or supplemented via the H-1B Visa program.
Agriculture workers are not available in the regions or areas they are needed without adding the high cost of housing and transportation to the labor cost.
They are not available because they have not been incentivized to. They have been underbid by a cheap illegal labor pool. The same goes for many industries. Not just farming.
Economies adjust as conditions do. Just because they are not there now does not mean that they cannot be.

Forum List

Back