Zone1 The main reason people hate religion

Lol 😂 nope. The Jews in Arabia tried to kill Muhammad, broke a treaty agreement and tried to take over some oases. I think most of them went back to Jericho.
Really? That excuses how you treat them today?

Really? That excuses how you treat them today?

How I treat who? I have never mistreated or discriminated against any Jewish person. I live in Buckhead, moron. Everyone I associate with is Jewish.

(1) Most people do not "hate" religion.

(2) They simply cannot believe that God exists.

(3) So they think that religion is irrelevant.

(4) How can anyone believe in God when human beings suffer so horribly because of wars, poverty, crime (both violent and white-collar), soul-destroying diseases, etc.?

How I treat who? I have never mistreated or discriminated against any Jewish person. I live in Buckhead, moron. Everyone I associate with is Jewish.
Okay, let's approach this from a different angle. Does something that may or may not have happened over a thousand years ago justify the way Muslims treat Jews today?

(1) Most people do not "hate" religion.

(2) They simply cannot believe that God exists.

(3) So they think that religion is irrelevant.

(4) How can anyone believe in God when human beings suffer so horrible because of wars, poverty, crime (both violent and white-collar), soul-destroying diseases, etc.?
I know you've heard this before, but there would be no free choice at all if God stepped in every time to prevent people from harming others. Man being free to choose means man being free to suffer the consequences of those choices.

(4) How can anyone believe in God when human beings suffer so horribly because of wars, poverty, crime (both violent and white-collar), soul-destroying diseases, etc.?
I'm not sure belief in God can be attained by looking at the world. Against the events of the world we are relatively helpless, so the question becomes, Why doesn't "someone" do something? The conclusion? No human has the power to do that something, so then the question becomes, Why doesn't God do something? And the conclusion one reaches, Since God isn't doing anything I can see, he doesn't exist.

What if we look at individual lives? Some seek and find/experience God, usually something that lasts a matter of seconds. However, when one walks in the ways of God, following the Commandments and other teachings (such as the Beatitudes), God's presence (or his fingerprints it sometimes seems) builds belief and faith in God and his presence in individual lives.

Forum List

Back