The main reason I will support trump!

I thought you were supporting trump. he wants to punish companies for not doing business here

In what way do you think Trump is going to punish business for not doing business here? He is going to punish businesses that EXPAND off shore during his administration, sure, but I have read nothing that tells me that he intends to punish businesses that are already off shore. We have trade agreements that protect that, IIRC.

Yo, think first? Then Vote! Trump can`t do nothing without Congress if he even gets in there? The Establishment has other plans! So if you don`t want to waste your Vote? Might take a gander at Ted Cruz?

Not true. Not true at all.

The President has almost unilateral control of tariffs and import controls these days. And 'Treaties'? They call them 'Executive Agreements' today, bypassing the Senate if the POTUS wants to.

Perfectly legal. Happens dozens of times per year.

Look at what one of the great Presidents of our time did back in the day.

Our dollar was seriously overvalued, Foreign Countries were importing their goods here virtually unimpeded while they had all kinds of duties and tariffs on ours.

Then, President of The United States of America, Richard Milhouse Nixon, slapped an across the board 10% Tariff on ALL imports.

The rest of the world shit their pants and within weeks were at the bargaining table.

BTW, we got our Dollar lowered significantly after that. Enough so that we started to prosper again. A lot.

A POTUS has ENORMOUS power over export/import rules

And retaliation starts 0.0001 seconds later. Since we buy more from them than they do from us, that would mean the demand is greater on our side than on theirs. Prices for everything imported skyrocket immediately affected by the Tariff. That they also own our debt is not a good sign either but don't let facts stand in your way.

Our trade deficit for 2016 is almost a HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS and we are in March. Do you have ANY idea what that means? Not the googled definition, what it REALLY means?
Them owning debt doesn't mean much. What are they going to do?

Stop financing future debt for one thing.
Selling their existing notes for another.
If you think the relationship between those who owe and those who own is an equal partnership...that's equally hilarious. There is some truth to the old idiom that goes:

if someone owes you $50 bucks and can't repay you; they have a problem.
if someone owes you $50,000,000 bucks and can't repay you; you both have a problem.

But it only goes so far when you become jingoistic and start attacking their economy.

There is a burgeoning middle class in Brazil, Chile, Egypt, the middle East as they become more liberalized.... China is able to sell its goods pretty much worldwide.

I'll give you another example, the reason we have no pull with OPEC is because OPEC can sell oil worldwide and we are addicted to oil.

That you guys think there is some difference with cheap radios, knick knacks, or microwave ovens and oil::: well, I'd love to hear what it is.

---------

As for your reasoning that Carter, Reagan, BushI, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama not simply demanding American corporations and companies manufacture in America is that they are "assholes" is lame. I mean really. What is the difference between your reasoning for this and a 9/11 Truther's reasoning for Bush ordering the attacks or the developer blowing up his own buildings? It makes zeros sense.
I agree with a lot of the first part
What can they do though? I mean really. Sell the debt and lose billions? Drop the dollar and them lose potentially trillions? We could always drop their currency and it not be worth shit.. JS
My response was mostly directed at the corporatist part..
IDK what their reasoning is.

So if we're going to plug their economy into turmoil...you think they will have any qualms about plunging ours into the shitter as well?

As for the reasoning...quite simple. It will not work.

The President has almost unilateral control of tariffs and import controls these days. And 'Treaties'? They call them 'Executive Agreements' today, bypassing the Senate if the POTUS wants to.

Our dollar was seriously overvalued, Foreign Countries were importing their goods here virtually unimpeded while they had all kinds of duties and tariffs on ours.

Then, President of The United States of America, Richard Milhouse Nixon, slapped an across the board 10% Tariff on ALL imports.

The rest of the world shit their pants and within weeks were at the bargaining table.

BTW, we got our Dollar lowered significantly after that. Enough so that we started to prosper again. A lot.

And retaliation starts 0.0001 seconds later. Since we buy more from them than they do from us, that would mean the demand is greater on our side than on theirs. Prices for everything imported skyrocket immediately affected by the Tariff. That they also own our debt is not a good sign either but don't let facts stand in your way.

Our trade deficit for 2016 is almost a HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS and we are in March. Do you have ANY idea what that means? Not the googled definition, what it REALLY means?

If you think the relationship between those who owe and those who own is an equal partnership...that's equally hilarious. There is some truth to the old idiom that goes:

if someone owes you $50,000,000 bucks and can't repay you; you both have a problem.

But it only goes so far when you become jingoistic and start attacking their economy.

There is a burgeoning middle class in Brazil, Chile, Egypt, the middle East as they become more liberalized.... China is able to sell its goods pretty much worldwide.

I'll give you another example, the reason we have no pull with OPEC is because OPEC can sell oil worldwide and we are addicted to oil.

That you guys think there is some difference with cheap radios, knick knacks, or microwave ovens and oil::: well, I'd love to hear what it is.

---------

As for your reasoning that Carter, Reagan, BushI, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama not simply demanding American corporations and companies manufacture in America is that they are "assholes" is lame. I mean really. What is the difference between your reasoning for this and a 9/11 Truther's reasoning for Bush ordering the attacks or the developer blowing up his own buildings? It makes zeros sense.
What can they do though? I mean really. Sell the debt and lose billions? Drop the dollar and them lose potentially trillions? We could always drop their currency and it not be worth shit.. JS

So if we're going to plug their economy into turmoil...you think they will have any qualms about plunging ours into the shitter as well?

Why would we do it to them if they dont do it us? We owe them lol

I thought you were supporting trump. he wants to punish companies for not doing business here

In what way do you think Trump is going to punish business for not doing business here? He is going to punish businesses that EXPAND off shore during his administration, sure, but I have read nothing that tells me that he intends to punish businesses that are already off shore. We have trade agreements that protect that, IIRC.

Companies should make the most economically efficient choices. Government needs to lower the barriers and regulations to most efficiently do business here. the distinction between companies that already left and are ready to leave because we aren't doing that is irrelevant.

Why do you think Pfizer, Burger King, ... are beating a path to the door? how is upping Obama's strategy going to improve that.

Just so you know, this is THE issue why I will not ever vote for Trump under any circumstances. The belief government can make better choices than the people can is an abomination to freedom, and that's what Trump supporters are voting for whether they know that or not

Companies should make the most economically efficient choices. Government needs to lower the barriers and regulations to most efficiently do business here. the distinction between companies that already left and are ready to leave because we aren't doing that is irrelevant.

Why do you think Pfizer, Burger King, ... are beating a path to the door? how is upping Obama's strategy going to improve that.

Just so you know, this is THE issue why I will not ever vote for Trump under any circumstances. The belief government can make better choices than the people can is an abomination to freedom, and that's what Trump supporters are voting for whether they know that or not
Of course businessmen will make the most economic choices, that is why WE MUST CHANGE CURRENT LAW TO GIVE THEM BETTER CHOICES.

Choices that benefit all of us is what we need, and not just one sector of the population.

Both parties want to lower, if not end, corporate income taxes .... yet they can't seem to get it done.

But at the root of it, and Bernie's and Trump's actual truisms, is that limitations on countries like China and Japan to refuse outside businesses access to their consumer markets are insufficient to force them to open up.

Bernie hit a nerve in Michigan, but the UAW killed the US auto industry by forcing the automakers to decide between signing union contracts that were unsustainable given their profits or just to quit making cars all together. The fact that the non-union management couldn't design a car to compete with Toyota and Nissan in the late 70s didn't help. But it wasn't really trade.

Both parties want to lower, if not end, corporate income taxes .... yet they can't seem to get it done.

But at the root of it, and Bernie's and Trump's actual truisms, is that limitations on countries like China and Japan to refuse outside businesses access to their consumer markets are insufficient to force them to open up.

Bernie hit a nerve in Michigan, but the UAW killed the US auto industry by forcing the automakers to decide between signing union contracts that were unsustainable given their profits or just to quit making cars all together. The fact that the non-union management couldn't design a car to compete with Toyota and Nissan in the late 70s didn't help. But it wasn't really trade.

The Japanese have always subsidized their industry and their treaty pledges to not do that are hollow. They effectively subsidize their auto manufactures to about $4k to $14k by devaluing the Yen to make their cars more affordable. We do not. We allow access to our markets here, while the Japanese do things to inhibit and overprice American cars in Japan. The Chinese do similar things with their industry.

We could end all of this colusion and cheating by simply giving our own corporations a lower tax rate by allowing them to deduct (for a second time) 40% of the costs of the American labor.

With a 0% tax rate and unemployment gone over night, our auto industry would revive just as fast.

Of course businessmen will make the most economic choices, that is why WE MUST CHANGE CURRENT LAW TO GIVE THEM BETTER CHOICES.

Choices that benefit all of us is what we need, and not just one sector of the population.

How is punishing us for trying to leave rather than just lowering taxes and regulations so we want to stay giving us better choices?

Yo, think first? Then Vote! Trump can`t do nothing without Congress if he even gets in there? The Establishment has other plans! So if you don`t want to waste your Vote? Might take a gander at Ted Cruz?

Yo, read below? International? Has nothing to do with the U.S. Constitution! Another words? It`s Un-American!

ex·ec·u·tive a·gree·ment
noun
plural noun: executive agreements
  1. an international agreement, usually regarding routine administrative matters not warranting a formal treaty, made by the executive branch of the US government without ratification by the Senate.
"GTP"

Yo, not Free Trade? Fair Trade!!!

"GTP"

Yo, the Dummies in Washington need to remember who put them there! We need Fair Trade, not Free Trade!

"GTP"

---------

Why would we do it to them if they dont do it us? We owe them lol

huh?

How is punishing us for trying to leave rather than just lowering taxes and regulations so we want to stay giving us better choices?

It is called 'carrot and stick' and thats the stick.

It's either Trump or Hitlery (spelling). Since Hitlery is a thief and a liar and a bus stop rat bag old hag incompetent piece of shit, I'll vote for Trump.
HillaryTrueSelf_zpsilj9sjbm.jpg

And the stick is what destroys us. It harms consumers, it harms our competitiveness against foreign competition, it harms exports and you're empowering government to remove our choices, something that all history shows is a power they will abuse.

Your blind trust in government to remove our choices and inexplicable view that will lead to a better outcome is completely and utterly contrary to all empirical evidence of what government has done with that power to use force to remove our choices in the past.

With that incredible trust and faith you place in government that they will use the power of force to act in the people's interest instead of their own, why don't you just vote for Hillary?

Yes, they probably would try to retaliate.

So what?

Right now, we're the only ones getting screwed by the ridiculous Trade Rules we play by. We import cars, electronics, steel, heavy equipment and everything else on God's Green Earth from overseas with little to no inhibiting factors but when we try to send a freighter of fresh vegetables to Japan, the Japanese force it to sit in the Harbor for a Month while they rot.

We can buy Rice Burners by the MILLION in this Country but go to Japan and try to buy a Mustang.

Good luck.

Europe isn't much different. They ship Mercedes and Porsche and BMW's here like there's no tomorrow but go there and try to buy a Corvette.

Good luck.

Try to buy California Wine in France (which is far superior to French Wines BTW. See; Judgement of Paris, for starters).

Good luck.

We import Foreign Goods here for the benefit of our People..... Our consumers, with little to no Tariffs, duties, etc.

Good for us. Good for our people and consumers.

But the Foreign governments won't return the favor.

Screw them. They want to play games? Go for it.

Just tell them straight up, go for it.

We ARE The Dollar. The Chinese and Japanese don't own as much of our debt as people think. Know who owns most of our debt?

We do.

The Chinese lend us money so we can buy their stuff. Then they take the money that we spend on their stuff and loan it back to us so we can buy more of their stuff.

The rules need to change.

And a lot of American Unions need to be de-certified. That's our number one problem anyway. Unions are what's driving Companies offshore.

And the Chinese and Indians and Brazilians and Indonesians and SE Asians are welcoming them with open arms.

I believe in Unions but American Unions SUCK.

And it's because of their dimocrap scum roots.

dimocraps are scum

Period

And the stick is what destroys us. It harms consumers, it harms our competitiveness against foreign competition, it harms exports and you're empowering government to remove our choices, something that all history shows is a power they will abuse.

Your blind trust in government to remove our choices and inexplicable view that will lead to a better outcome is completely and utterly contrary to all empirical evidence of what government has done with that power to use force to remove our choices in the past.

With that incredible trust and faith you place in government that they will use the power of force to act in the people's interest instead of their own, why don't you just vote for Hillary?

Get real Kas. It doesnt destroy all businesses to change the rules on them. They simply have to adapt.

Right now the rules benefit only the top 1% in this country, which is why, while the rest of the world has a ratio of 20 or 30 to one regarding CEO pay to average worker pay in their companies, for US corporations it is well over 300 to 1. Let that roll over in your mind. While the rest of the world has a reasonable 25 to 1 ratio of top CEO pay to average worker pay, the USA has way more than TEN TIMES THAT AVERAGE.

Revising the laws and taxes to encourage corporations to hire more Americans is not highway robbery; it is the restoration of DECENCY.

How any corporation could not anticipate the eventual blow back in the worlds oldest Constitutional Republic is proof of the stupidity that greed can lead to.

Get real Kas. It doesnt destroy all businesses to change the rules on them. They simply have to adapt.

Right now the rules benefit only the top 1% in this country, which is why, while the rest of the world has a ratio of 20 or 30 to one regarding CEO pay to average worker pay in their companies, for US corporations it is well over 300 to 1. Let that roll over in your mind. While the rest of the world has a reasonable 25 to 1 ratio of top CEO pay to average worker pay, the USA has way more than TEN TIMES THAT AVERAGE.

Revising the laws and taxes to encourage corporations to hire more Americans is not highway robbery; it is the restoration of DECENCY.

How any corporation could not anticipate the eventual blow back in the worlds oldest Constitutional Republic is proof of the stupidity that greed can lead to.

I can't take a post seriously that claims that politicians will provide us with "decency."

Attila just sacked villages to bring peace to them, you know

I can't take a post seriously that claims that politicians will provide us with "decency."

Attila just sacked villages to bring peace to them, you know

The politicians can make decent laws if we the people hold their feet to the fire.

Forum List

Back