The Life of Muhammad

ajwps

Nov 7, 2003
Houston, TX
The following article and link to the original 1913 well researched book (Edward Sell) about the Life and Times of Muhammad the prophet illustrates clearly what Islam is really about. Before any Muslim can get to that ‘paradise’ they keep talking about and make their Allah happy, there’ll be nothing left on Earth but skeletons and sand and ashes.

The Life of Muhammad
by "Fred Nerks"
Oct 26, '03

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/article.php3?id=2873

You learn something every day, don’t you? I did, yesterday. The wife’s mother passed away not long ago and Myrtle and I finally got around to packing up her things to give to charity. She used to read a lot. I suppose that’s where I got it from, I’ve always got my nose in a book. History is what I like. That’s why I kept The Life of Muhammad, written by The Rev. C. Sell. Myrtle’s Mum must have had it for ages, the binding is a mess and no wonder, it was printed in 1913. I stayed up half the night to read it.

First of all, I think what Sell had to say, way back then, is interesting, because he quotes from ancient Arabic sources all the way through and there are so many footnotes, including in Arabic script, that he must have done an awful lot of research. I also noticed that Sell was a Fellow of the University of Madras, who wrote nine other books on the subject of Islam.

I’m no great scholar myself, but for the life of me, I can’t understand why anyone on earth would call this business of Islam a religion - not after what I just read. Right from the start, that strange fellow Muhammad was a worry. Did you know he used to have fits? It was said ‘he was destined for great things’ when he was young because, as we know, they didn’t understand mental illnesses then. When he was ‘indisposed’, for example, his nurse always placed him into a darkened room and covered him with scented, wet cloths until he felt better. And he heard voices. In his head.

His mother didn’t have much time for him either. She gave him back to his wet-nurse to care for when he was only two years old and then she died, so he never saw her again. His uncle looked after him for a while, but he died too, and left him an orphan to live in the streets.

We all know, don’t we, how important those early years are and how young people can fall under bad influences. This young fellow ended up with the beggars on the steps of a temple somewhere - I think they worshipped a moon god then - and they annoyed everyone else because they were loud and dirty, so they were often driven out by the folk of the town. But they always came back.

There were a lot of Hebrew people living in the area and he listened to them. Somehow, he must have picked up on the idea of a more powerful god than the moon god and that black stone they worshipped. And they had idols, way back then. He soaked up everything he heard and started to preach, which made the townsfolk even more angry.

Now it seems he heard about Jesus, too. And his mother, and the holy ghost. And all the prophets in the Old Testament. So he took a bit of this and a bit of that and hashed it all together and that made him a prophet, right? And prophets need followers. He had nine to start with. They hung onto every word he said. But he needed more than that, to prove how his messages were coming from a ‘divine’ source, so he would go to a cave somewhere nearby and listen to the words of some archangel. Frankly, I think he was listening to himself. But it worked. Everything was suddenly from a ‘divine source’ and he had it made.

Right. Now Muhammad got messages whenever it suited him, or when he needed them, and he said some nice things in the beginning. He had to, to be allowed to stay. But as he got more powerful, because he got more followers, who were robbing camel caravans and killing the merchants, he got nastier and nastier. He could get a message from the archangel to kill anyone he liked. Simple.

As time went by, any reasonably decent thing he said in the past was outdated. Abrogated. That was a new word for me. But I know what it means. It’s like saying, I take it all back.

Why would I bother to write this for you, you might ask; so I’ll tell you. Because all this was written down by Sell in 1913, before oil, before the Saudi Kingdom, before Arafat and everything you had to put up with since. And the first thing that stands out in the career of this monster - and he was one, make no mistake about that - was when they cut the heads off eight hundred Jewish men at Medina and buried them in a mass grave. The women were divided as slaves amongst his gang. Lord knows what they did to the children.

The entire researched book about Muhammad can be found at:

http://www.muhammadanism.org/Canon_Sell/

And the angel came then too, I guess, because Mohammad said this is what he heard:

“Oh prophet! We allow thee thy wives whom thou hast dowered, and the slaves whom thy right hand possesseth out of the booty which God hath granted thee. And he caused those of the people of the Book who had aided the confederates to come down out of their fortresses, and cast dismay into their hearts: some ye slew, others ye took prisoners. And he gave you their land, and their dwellings and their wealth for an heritage.”

How very convenient.

For a very long time, for the life of me, I couldn’t understand why the followers of this killer-cult, even today, want to see every Jew on the planet dead. Then it hit me. After I read that book. You folk are the Living Witness of their foul misdeeds since Muhammad and his gang of plundering, murderous cutthroats first killed and stole everything you had, including the words of your wise men. And what does a criminal do, if he can?

Remove all the witnesses from the face of the earth, of course.

I’ll leave you with the Rev. Canon Sell’s final words: “Muhammad thus stands out as unique, amongst the founders of those religions which prevail at the present time amongst large populations, as the one who established his position by force of arms; and by claiming divine authority for so doing, has made such a procedure a sacred law, when circumstances allow of it, for all lands and all time.”

(How could anyone think it was possible to negotiate peace?)

“According to Muslim theology, Muhammad’s actions were the result of supernatural guidance, a divine impulse within him; therefore, they were the deeds of a sinless and perfect man, to which all Muhammadans must conform. They form the highest ideal and the most perfect conception of life which Islam can present.”

Maybe it’s time to have that book I have just finished reading printed again. The time might just be right. It was printed by The Christian Literature Society For India, and they have learned a thing or two about Islam in India, too, haven’t they?

I’m no prophet myself, but it’s been a real revelation, I can tell you. Whoever it was that said Islam is a religion of peace must take the cake for the biggest lie ever told. And you don’t need to be a scholar or have a Phd to understand that.

Forum List

Back