The LIA....is cooler better?

Funny thing is that even a small crate of cherries pretty much DESTROYS your belief that the MWP was confined to N. Hemi.. Doesn't it?

Dang. You really don't know how science works. But then, that's expected. People who understand science see right through the stupid fallacies that fall so hard for.

Anyways, thanks for the wiki quote confirming my point, and for making up such an amusing story. And by the way, given how your stuff comes from that "CO2 Science" crank website, you really ought to throw them a bone.

How many peer reviewed studies from all over the globe that find that the MWP was both warmer than the present and global would it takel to convince you?...name a number. Is there any number of peer reviewed studies that would convince you?

Name a number...

A majority of them. I can't speak for Mamooth, but what I'd be looking for is a consensus among the experts.

A majority of them. I can't speak for Mamooth, but what I'd be looking for is a consensus among the experts.

Wrong answer Bullwinkle.. A couple studies from S America or New Zealand would be sufficient to contradict the premise the Cat is beating to death here. IF there was little dispute over the data.. Meaning in the absence of contradictory studies. Ones that could not find a MWP signature in the data.

Here are a few level I studies....

Venezuela - Goni, M.A., Woodworth, M.P., Aceves, H.L., Thunell, R.C., Tappa, E., Black, D., Muller-Karger, F., Astor, Y. and Varela, R. 2004. Generation, transport, and preservation of the alkenone-based U37K' sea surface temperature index in the water column and sediments of the Cariaco Basin (Venezuela). Global Biogeochemical Cycles 18: 10.1029/2003GB002132.

Chile -Sepulveda, J., Pantoja, S., Hughen, K.A., Bertrand, S., Figueroa, D., Leon, T., Drenzek, N.J. and Lange, C. 2009. Late Holocene sea-surface temperature and precipitation variability in northern Patagonia, Chile (Jacaf Fjord, 44°S). Quaternary Research 72: 400-409.

Peru - Rein B., Lückge, A., Reinhardt, L., Sirocko, F., Wolf, A. and Dullo, W.-C. 2005. El Niño variability off Peru during the last 20,000 years. Paleoceanography 20: 10.1029/2004PA001099.

Southern South America - Neukom, R., Luterbacher, J., Villalba, R., Kuttel, M., Frank, D., Jones, P.D., Grosjean, M., Wanner, H., Aravena, J.-C., Black, D.E., Christie, D.A., D'Arrigo, R., Lara, A., Morales, M., Soliz-Gamboa, C., Srur, A., Urritia, R. and von Gunten, L. 2011. Multiproxy summer and winter surface air temperature field reconstructions for southern South America covering the past centuries. Climate Dynamics 37: 35-51.

China - Zicheng, P., Xuexian, H., Xiaozhong, L., Jianfeng, H., Guijian, L. and Baofu, N. 2003. Thermal ionization mass spectrometry (TIMS)-U-series ages of corals from the South China Sea and Holocene high sea level. Chinese Journal of Geochemistry 22: 133-139.

Japan - Isono, D., Yamamoto, M., Irino, T., Oba, T., Murayama, M., Nakamura, T. and Kawahata, H. 2009. The 1500-year climate oscillation in the midlatitude North Pacific during the Holocene. Geology 37: 591-594.

Japan - Kitagawa, H. and Matsumoto, E. 1995. Climatic implications of δ13C variations in a Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria japonica) during the last two millennia. Geophysical Research Letters 22: 2155-2158.

New Zealand - Wilson, A.T., Hendy, C.H. and Reynolds, C.P. 1979. Short-term climate change and New Zealand temperatures during the last millennium. Nature 279: 315-317.

Antarctica - Noon, P.E., Leng, M.J. and Jones, V.J. 2003. Oxygen-isotope (δ18O) evidence of Holocene hydrological changes at Signy Island, maritime Antarctica. The Holocene 13: 251-263.

Africa - Holmgren, K., Tyson, P.D., Moberg, A. and Svanered, O. 2001. A preliminary 3000-year regional temperature reconstruction for South Africa. South African Journal of Science 97: 49-51.

Africa - Tierney, J.E., Mayes, M.T., Meyer, N., Johnson, C., Swarzenski, P.W., Cohen, A.S. and Russell, J.M. 2010. Late-twentieth-century warming in Lake Tanganyika unprecedented since AD 500. Nature Geoscience 3: 422-425.

As I said, these are all level I studies...the list could continue and grow even larger with level II and level III studies....the evidence that the MWP was warmer than the present and global is overwhelming...it makes anyone who believes the hockey stick look like an idiot.

That proves you're a dolt who doesn't understand the first thing about science. Every time one of you stupid turds uses the term "consensus," you give the lie to the claim that your side believes in science. You don't even know what the fuck science is.

i really question the use of the word "believers" with regard to science and skeptics in lieu of deniers. science is science. it is not religion. it is not faith-based.

AGW theory isn't science. It's the dogma of a cult.

i really question the use of the word "believers" with regard to science and skeptics in lieu of deniers. science is science. it is not religion. it is not faith-based.

AGW is not science it based on a wacko neo Nazi environment movement that James Hansen (one of the head cult members) tried to get rolling through their far left environmental wacko friends in Washington.

AGW is a religious belief not based on any science.

There is absolutely no scientific proof that backs AGW. ZERO, NADDA, ZIP...

Get the picture yet?

It is based on a belief that human CO2 drives climate and it has never been proven and the more that one looks into this the more you find out that real science disprove the AGW cult religion.

Climate change is a religion....it has tossed out the scientific method in favor of a system of religious dogma....and religious organizations must hang a name on those who are not believers...heritics, unbelievers...deniers etc. People question the so called science and they must be silenced by some means as rapidly as possible.

Last edited:
I was going to point out how deniers tend to be bitter, addled pants-wetting nutballs, but then Bri, Kosh and SSDD stepped in to prove that point for me. Thanks guys!

Forum List

Back