The left still making pedophiles acceptable….new play, victim is a whiner.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
John Nolte has been detailing the Lefts grooming of children and their never ending attempts to make child rapists sympathetic……..

So a play that portrays a half-dozen or so pedophiles struggling in post-prison life doesn’t make my knee jerk. Relax. Let’s see what the playwright has to say.

Then I read this: The playwright has “loaded the dice to some degree … as the predators … are depicted not as monsters but rather as complicated, troubled souls.
———-
There’s a word missing there: remorse.

And then it gets worse, much worse… [emphasis mine]

Andy [the victim] arrives … to confront Fred [the man who molested him]. The playwright cannot hide his scorn for Andy, who has made a successful life for himself as a Chicago finance guy and now seems intent on some kind of purging reunion with the man who molested him as a child on a piano bench. The meeting seems to be part of Andy’s therapy, which “Downstate” implies may be advisable but at this point also suggests that it is an indulgent marinating in self-pity.
We are meant to note the chasm in Andy and Fred’s circumstances and the perhaps overlong gestation of Andy’s desire for that suspect experience, “closure.” Fred’s loss of mobility came about after he was set upon and beaten brutally in prison. Context is all, for as Andy stumbles through a recitation of his psychic pain and suffering, we have the physical evidence of the price that Fred has already paid [beaten into a cripple in prison]. Norris’s juxtaposition in this regard feels cheap. There was a way, I think, to acknowledge the damage that’s been done to Andy without judgmentally minimizing it.
So, according to the Washington Post, the playwright wants us to sympathize with the molester and see the victim as “an indulgent marinating in self-pity.” The playwright also portrays the victim’s “psychic pain” as something less than the physical pain the molester lives with after being beaten in prison.

Forum List

Back