The Left Are Against Education

The definition of "education" deteriorates over time. In 1930, only 25% of the population graduated from HS. The curriculum was comparable to what a state college teaches now, maybe more rigorous when you get right down to it. When I was growing up, my parents emphasized the importance of that diploma, not realizing how little it meant by the time I finished HS in 1967. Today, the Left has destroyed K-12 by making it virtually impossible to fail; indeed, people who want to (and should) drop out are begged to remain, in the interests of the foolish campaign to reduce the HS dropout rate. Initiatives to have a comprehensive, standardized TEST as a prerequisite to graduation is laughed off the table. It would be RACIST, don't you know.

Most State colleges and Community Colleges spend inordinate effort doing remedial teaching, just trying to bring the incoming students up to where they should have been when they graduated from HS. Even if they stick it out and graduate, are they reasonably entitled to call themselves "College Grads"? For most of them, No.

Is The Left against Education? Of course. They are against standards, merit, and measurable accomplishment.

That was true of the men who enlisted after Pearl Harbor... Remedial education plus glasses, dentistry. It was a massive effort.

... Initiatives to have a comprehensive, standardized TEST as a prerequisite to graduation is laughed off the table. It would be RACIST, don't you know.
Such tests already exist in almost every state. Once again you guess wrong.

Forum List

Back