The last time you shot a gun

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Waay too long. Since before Covid for me.
My son-in-law's family has a 700 acre ranch not far from here, use to shoot out there. But just haven't went for awhile.
Way past time.

My son-in-law's family has a 700 acre ranch not far from here, use to shoot out there. But just haven't went for awhile.
Way past time.
Never. Nor touched one. Though I was falsely excused of having one by a covert cop in high school that caused a spiralling battle for shelter when my dad kicked me out, but hey, "that's Canada" as they say (I've warned you all). Even though the detective apologised to me for the lying undercover, my dad, a military man, took the principals word even as I was rightly released.

Last edited:
Never. Nor touched one. Though I was falsely excused of having one by a covert cop in high school that caused a spiralling battle for shelter when my dad kicked me out, but hey, "that's Canada" as they say (I've warned you all).
But... Trailer Park Boys... you mean that show isn't a realistic portrayal of Canadians? :lol:

P.S. - a side note, Trailer Park Boys is Jordan Petersons favorite TV show. I knew I liked him for a reason

But... Trailer Park Boys... you mean that show isn't a realistic portrayal of Canadians? :lol:

P.S. - a side note, Trailer Park Boys is Jordan Petersons favorite TV show.
Not that I've ever seen. There are characters like that I suppose but it's a comedy show for a reason (I've never watched a full episode tbh). Canada is quite a bit less enjoyable for the average Canadian than portrayed in T.V shows, especially in Ontario...

Way past time.

Last Monday in the 20 degree weather with snow on the ground. I shot up 24 rounds of .38 Special wadcutters through a 2" barreled Colt Cobra, at some 6" steel targets out back, at 7 yards. Then I shot at the 16" steel target up the hill at 75 yards and one of the rounds knocked loose one of the chains holding it. Now it's hanging lopsided and I have to walk up there and fix it.

It can wait until Spring. Shooting in the cold is no fun.

Never. Nor touched one. Though I was falsely excused of having one by a covert cop in high school that caused a spiralling battle for shelter when my dad kicked me out, but hey, "that's Canada" as they say (I've warned you all).
That's not Canada to blame for your personal problems. It's your dad and this is the second time you've made that clear.

Was your mother supportive of your dad or did she try to support you?

The story of a 'covert' cop and the spiralling issue doesn't ring true. There's still something missing from that story.

The only thing I can suspect so far is that you really did have a gun at school. Your denial of ever owning a gun and not ever touching a gun, has reinforced my suspicion.

Not that I've ever seen. There are characters like that I suppose but it's a comedy show for a reason (I've never watched a full episode tbh). Canada is quite a bit less enjoyable for the average Canadian than portrayed in T.V shows, especially in Ontario...
TPB's original series (first 7 seasons) is fantastic comedy. Right up there with Sunny in Philadelphia, The Office etc. Brilliant comedy with so many funny lines you won't catch them all without seeing multiple times.
The later seasons - yeah.. no. Terrible.

That's not Canada to blame for your personal problems. It's your dad and this is the second time you've made that clear.

Was your mother supportive of your dad or did she try to support you?

The story of a 'covert' cop and the spiralling issue doesn't ring true. There's still something missing from that story.

The only thing I can suspect so far is that you really did have a gun at school. Your denial of ever owning a gun and not ever touching a gun, has reinforced my suspicion.
You're just supporting your boys who have lied and destroyed my life for decades. I actually prayed for you once, it fell in dear ears I presume. Let me repeat "never had a gun, held a gun nor fired a gun in my life". Not even a carbon BB gun one covert was pushing, no interest. Try as some might, they refuse to accept that men can be principled even as their own were piling on lies and employing Agent Provocateurs for their future careers. It's beyond disturbing.

Last edited:
I try to go out to the range every week. Usually Thursday morning.

The thing about shooting in Florida is that you get spoiled to great weather. Occasionally I won't go out because it is too cold (50F) or a chance of rain. I know if I miss a week I can always go out the next week.

It is fine in the summer when it is hot as hell and thunderstorms in the afternoon because I go out early.

You're just supporting your boys who have lied and destroyed my life for decades. I actually prayed for you once, it fell in dear ears I presume. Let me repeat "never had a gun, held a gun nor fired a gun in my life". Not even a carbon BB gun one covert was pushing, no interest. Try as some might, they refuse to accept that men can be principled even as their own were piling on lies and employing Agent Provocateurs for their future careers. It's beyond disturbing.
I think the 'general discussion' section would allow you to discuss your dad and also your mom, and how she played a part in your childhood. It's up to you now.

I'm not going to push you until you're ready.

I need to find a range close by me. Last time I shot was my .22 single rifle just a few days back during small game season. Same with the 357 revolver.

Way past time.
Jan 3rd was the last time for me. Let loose of an arrow 3 days ago. Might go rabbit hunting tomorrow. The shot gun will come out if that happens. A buddy of mine bought a cannon recently. Might pop one off on that when I go south for my nephew's birthday party. Have not done that since the 80s.

I fairly often walk out on the second story deck of my house and fire at a steel gong target on the ground in the pasture behind my house. The last time was Friday of last week.

I think the 'general discussion' section would allow you to discuss your dad and also your mom, and how she played a part in your childhood. It's up to you now.

I'm not going to push you until you're ready.
My surroundings were what created opportunity for the covert guys looking to set up their careers by any means necesary, there is no other variable more important than poverty to allow evil people to lump is all together like cattle, all to be branded . You reward young liars and trouble makers and manufacture threats for their personal gain. If there is one prayer I hope was answered is to be sure that the F.B.I confirmed my information and formulated an honest opinion about me and Canadian "methodology" There is no-one I personally know who has been as mistreated and maligned as myself, even as I am well into middle age. No one! Scary.

Just last fall grouse hunting and went to a literal shotgun wedding at a local sporting clays and horse ranch.
Shot clays, then dressed up and attended the best outdoor wedding event evah. Weather was perfect.
Shotguns being fired in the background as they did their vows.
The 12 piece band was fantastic and everyone danced all night long. Some of us parked our campers at their site and stayed overnight.
What a blast.
Pun intended.

To add.
I definitely had fun with the different stations for the clay targets. Every launcher is different to mimic birds in the wild. Very challenging, but I was nailing those suckers.
Definitely will go again.
They will even rent a high quality shotgun for twenty bucks if you don't have one.

My surroundings were what created opportunity for the covert guys looking to set up their careers by any means necesary, there is no other variable more important than poverty to allow evil people to lump is all together like cattle, all to be branded . You reward young liars and trouble makers and manufacture threats for their personal gain. If there is one prayer I hope was answered is to be sure that the F.B.I confirmed my information and formulated an honest opinion about me and Canadian "methodology" There is no-one I personally know who has been as mistreated and maligned as myself, even as I am well into middle age. No one! Scary.
Very scary. We need a new thread for your topic.

Very scary. We need a new thread for your topic.
There is no topic, only truth and those who have bent and often broke it. I figured you out early and it's confirmed as far as I am concerned. How you sleep at night is beyond my cerebral capacity. I don't care the optics, I know the methods and the facts. I am the oppresed and abused.

I put a couple hundred rounds into targets at the pistol range a couple weeks ago

Forum List

Back