The "Heavyweight" of Luftwaffe

tony.osborne

Nov 5, 2014
I share with you a report showing a fantastic collection of photos of aircraft designed during the Second World War to bring war and destruction far beyond German borders. However, all of them did not pass the stage of prototypes and testing. What do you think if these planes had been built in quantity? They would have changed the course of the war? Visit the link, see the photos and give your opinion through the poll at the end of the article.

Aviação em Floripa: Os "Pesos-Pesados" alemães

Best Regards!

I share with you a report showing a fantastic collection of photos of aircraft designed during the Second World War to bring war and destruction far beyond German borders. However, all of them did not pass the stage of prototypes and testing. What do you think if these planes had been built in quantity? They would have changed the course of the war? Visit the link, see the photos and give your opinion through the poll at the end of the article.

Best Regards!

I'm trying to grind one of those in War Thunder at the moment.

post-298268-0-99043900-1424994887.jpg

fw-200

Best Regards!
To tony.osborn: My memory of the Luftwaffe goes in this direction:

I’ll wager that folks my age cannot think of Spain’s civil war without calling up an indelible newsreel image of Stukas bombing cities in Spain long after the civil war ended. To this day if you see a documentary about Spain’s civil war it will include the sound of the terrifying scream Stukas made when they were into a steep dive. It is still part of the Left’s overall propaganda message.​

Indelible Propaganda Images

Best Regards!
To tony.osborn: My memory of the Luftwaffe goes in this direction:

I’ll wager that folks my age cannot think of Spain’s civil war without calling up an indelible newsreel image of Stukas bombing cities in Spain long after the civil war ended. To this day if you see a documentary about Spain’s civil war it will include the sound of the terrifying scream Stukas made when they were into a steep dive. It is still part of the Left’s overall propaganda message.​

Indelible Propaganda Images

It's called a Jericho trumpet. Whistles were also attached to the bombs to give them that whistling noise so often heard in movies. Both were removed when they no longer had a psychological effect and were in fact an early warning to the presence of a Ju-87 in a steep dive.

Best Regards!
Thanks for the link, A long range bomber (4 or more engines) is definitely essential for any country looking to establish military dominance beyond their borders. So it really hamstringed Germany not having a fleet of them.

I think it would have made a pretty big difference. But I think the primary reasons the German military lost were mismanagement and poor planning/strategy, which often pointed back to management. For.example, the biggest plane (with 6 engines) was intended to be used as a troop carrier and most of the 4-engine planes were designated for reconnaissance or transport duties.

Even when Germany was able to gain the technological edge with weaponry in time to make a difference, the leadership tended to blunt their own advantage by using it incorrectly.

Forum List

Back