The Gun Control Debate will continue until we find solutions that make sense for people on both sides of the issue.

Democrat / Liberal translator:
  • Gender affirming care: genital mutilation with life long effects
  • Trans-phobia: pro-reality
  • Reproduction rights: aborting and sucking out of the vagina an unborn child
  • Gun control: gun confiscation and / or chipping away at gun rights

1). You have to explain Europe.......WW1, WW2, mass murder of 15 million who were not war casualties.........
It simply didn't continue as Europe's culture after the war. (statistics)
2)Knives in America are used to murder more people every single year than all rifles combined...so the AR-15 doesn't even rank with knives, clubs or bare hands for a murder weapon
Then you could raise the issue on knives, and my reply on the 'culture' being the same.
3). There is no will to prevent mass public shootings by the democrat party.....mass public shootings give them too much emotional black mail over uninformed Americans, which is why they refuse to harden schools or get rid of stupid gun free zones.
Dump all the blame on the Democratic party. I'm neutral and at least you're making the attempt to take the emphasis off of the guns and onto the 'culture' of wars.

It's taken you a long time to respond to the fact, but you're finally there!

D's or R's to blame, or both, why is there a need to harden public schools with armed guards and fences that turn the schools into a warzone?

Fwiw, I agree that's likely the only solution, if only temporary?

It simply didn't continue as Europe's culture after the war. (statistics)

Then you could raise the issue on knives, and my reply on the 'culture' being the same.

Dump all the blame on the Democratic party. I'm neutral and at least you're making the attempt to take the emphasis off of the guns and onto the 'culture' of wars.

It's taken you a long time to respond to the fact, but you're finally there!

D's or R's to blame, or both, why is there a need to harden public schools with armed guards and fences that turn the schools into a warzone?

Fwiw, I agree that's likely the only solution, if only temporary?

You have ethnic cleansing and if the U.S. didn't have troops in Europe, they would already be killing each other again, or Russia would be in Paris.....

Our current "War on Drugs" has been going on for 50+ years, yet the violence in most cities hasn't decreased. Is it time for a different approach? Decriminalization of possessing a small amount of drugs could be a start.
Liberal agenda: Decriminalizing small amounts of drugs for personal use.
Cartel's business plan: Providing small amounts of drugs for personal use.

If arrested and convicted of a violent crime, that right is forfeit, as it should be, this should be including any crime where a gun was carried by the perp or fellow perp at the scene of a violent crime or robbery, even if the gun was not used except to intimidate or carried, just in case the perp or perps thought it might be necessary to support their criminal intent.

I am pretty reasonable about anybody, ANYBODY except convicted violent or weapons carrying criminals owning guns, but those people have proven, they are unworthy of the responsibility that come with ownership and possession. If gun rights (theirs or anybody else's) were important to them, they would not have been using them as tools of their criminal or violent trade or tendencies. To hell with people like that. I don't care if they are secure in their homes or not. They should have thought of that first.

Yet....... the vast majority of gun crime and murder in this country is committed by people who have already been arrested, convicted and put in prison.....they can't legally buy, own or carry a gun......

The democrat party keeps releasing these criminals, who then go on to commit the gun murder and crime that drives our statistics...........

If the democrats would stop destroying the police, and stop releasing violent gun offenders with a revolving door....we wouldn't have a problem....

I'm politically non-partisan so I try to see both sides of the issue. And I see how someone on the "gun rights" side would think that.

But my question to you is, "Why would their goal be to take guns away from law abiding citizens and not criminals?"

Like I stated in my original post, most large cities that have high gun violence rates are run by democrats. So I tend to agree that it seems somewhat hypocritical that this debate surfaces every time there is a suburban mass shooting or a school shooting INSTEAD of bringing the issue up every time there's a shooting in their cities. And that furthers my point that in order for both sides to (at least) respect the other sides viewpoint, inner city gun violence needs to be drastically reduced.

inner city gun violence needs to be drastically reduced.

The only way to do that is to vote out democrats.....the party that has wrecked the police, and keeps releasing the most violent gun offenders over and over again....

For example.....2 prior felony gun convictions and he is out on the street doing it again....and supplying guns to other criminals....as is his brother.....

The democrat party will not put these gun criminals away....

Milton Gholson, who has been convicted of felony gun charges twice before, is charged with three counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon. Erick Gholson, whose most recent felony conviction is for aggravated fleeing in 2014, is charged with three counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon and possession of a controlled substance.

For example...attempted murder....plead down by democrat party prosecutors...

The elated North Sider was one of many people featured in an NBC5 Chicago storyafter police arrested a local troublemaker for allegedly stabbing the beloved manager of Morse Fresh Market, 1430 West Morse, on Easter Sunday.

“He could have gotten killed,” a member of the local business community told the news station, the reporter adding that Rogers Park residents were “demanding change to make sure that their community is safe.”

But, CWBChicago has learned prosecutors refused to approve any felony charges against the man who’s accused of attacking the store manager. Instead, they dinged him with misdemeanor battery and criminal damage violations.
For example......5 time convicted felon....
A five-time convicted felon is accused of robbing a good Samaritan who agreed to give him money so he could get on a train in downtown Chicago.

Last edited:
Keep your 2 cents

...shall not be infringed

The current Federal Government controlled by the UniParty is FAR MORE abusive and dismissive of individual right than the British ever were. We are also FAR more divided than the Union and the democrats were leading up to the first American Civil War.

Background checks, passing a Civics test and Voter ID should be mandatory before anyone can vote
Apples to Oranges.

In 1776 there were 2.5 million people living in the U.S., most of which were given land and or jobs because they were pioneers and the declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights and the Constitution granted them far more freedoms and rights than they had under the British. (Hence the reason they revolted from the British to begin with)

In 2023 there are 330 million people living in the U.S. As American societies grew in both population, technology, and business, certain regulations increased. Why? Well, having little to no regulation when a country only has 2.5 million people, little business, very little technology, industry, etc(1776) is vastly different than having little (or no) regulation when a country has 330 million people, with the largest economy the world has ever seen. Then add the amount of international terrorism, cyber terrorism, international and domestic criminal syndicates, vast international and domestic businesses, etc - yes, we need more regulation now than we did in 1776.

The current population of the UK is around 55 million people. Would you state that the UK currently has more freedoms than the U.S.? That is an Apples to Apples comparison.

As far as being "far more divided" than the Union was prior to the Civil War - well, if you're among the furthest 10-15% on either side, I would tend to agree. And social media and modern day technology add a tremendous amount of fuel to the fire, giving the optics that we are much more divided than we truly are.

If you're among the 70% of folks that are in the middle, people get along much better than the 15% of the far right and other 15% on the far left. But since the extremes tend to "scream the loudest" and most social media, cable news, etc is ratings and "clicks" driven, most of what we see and hear on a daily basis is the more extreme viewpoints.

Unfortunately, these views tend to drive further discord, even among some of the 70% that are in the middle because that's mostly what they see and hear as well. But if you were to actually sit down and discuss politics, social issues, etc with most people in the middle (with the absence of media and social media) you would likely find that most people's ideologies and viewpoints are moderate. And even on issues that they do not agree on, most in the middle (at the very least) try to understand and respect each other's views.

Apples to Oranges.

In 1776 there were 2.5 million people living in the U.S., most of which were given land and or jobs because they were pioneers and the declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights and the Constitution granted them far more freedoms and rights than they had under the British. (Hence the reason they revolted from the British to begin with)

In 2023 there are 330 million people living in the U.S. As American societies grew in both population, technology, and business, certain regulations increased. Why? Well, having little to no regulation when a country only has 2.5 million people, little business, very little technology, industry, etc(1776) is vastly different than having little (or no) regulation when a country has 330 million people, with the largest economy the world has ever seen. Then add the amount of international terrorism, cyber terrorism, international and domestic criminal syndicates, vast international and domestic businesses, etc - yes, we need more regulation now than we did in 1776.

The current population of the UK is around 55 million people. Would you state that the UK currently has more freedoms than the U.S.? That is an Apples to Apples comparison.

As far as being "far more divided" than the Union was prior to the Civil War - well, if you're among the furthest 10-15% on either side, I would tend to agree. And social media and modern day technology add a tremendous amount of fuel to the fire, giving the optics that we are much more divided than we truly are.

If you're among the 70% of folks that are in the middle, people get along much better than the 15% of the far right and other 15% on the far left. But since the extremes tend to "scream the loudest" and most social media, cable news, etc is ratings and "clicks" driven, most of what we see and hear on a daily basis is the more extreme viewpoints.

Unfortunately, these views tend to drive further discord, even among some of the 70% that are in the middle because that's mostly what they see and hear as well. But if you were to actually sit down and discuss politics, social issues, etc with most people in the middle (with the absence of media and social media) you would likely find that most people's ideologies and viewpoints are moderate. And even on issues that they do not agree on, most in the middle (at the very least) try to understand and respect each other's views.

Why do you believe background checks on private sales will help? Considering the current mandated Federal background checks are ignored by criminals who use straw buyers, who can pass any background check, or they steal their guns....

How is a background check on private sales not simply another way to put normal, law abiding gun owners in legal peril while doing nothing to stop criminals....?

Then, explain why universal background checks are not simply a trojan horse for gun registration....

We will wait for your reply.

Yet....... the vast majority of gun crime and murder in this country is committed by people who have already been arrested, convicted and put in prison.....they can't legally buy, own or carry a gun......

The democrat party keeps releasing these criminals, who then go on to commit the gun murder and crime that drives our statistics...........

If the democrats would stop destroying the police, and stop releasing violent gun offenders with a revolving door....we wouldn't have a problem....
No matter who releases them, for whatever reason, adult or juvenile, that is why stop and frisk should be the law of the land.

If arrested and convicted of a violent crime, that right is forfeit, as it should be, this should be including any crime where a gun was carried by the perp or fellow perp at the scene of a violent crime or robbery, even if the gun was not used except to intimidate or carried, just in case the perp or perps thought it might be necessary to support their criminal intent.
That's pretty much the explanation that's expected, and it makes your comment valid. But gun violence of the order on which we are exploring is a one time crime, and it comes back to the shooter being a good guy with a gun until he takes his gun to school and becomes the bad guy.
You've at least tried to 'qualify' the crime!
But then the old pro-gun talking point on the fact that gun control won't prevent a future shooter from getting a gun, comes back from the pro-gunners. And it's valid!

And that's where I come in to introduce the fact that it's not the guns, it's the 'culture' of wars and the perceived need to kill people with their guns.
I am pretty reasonable about anybody, ANYBODY except convicted violent or weapons carrying criminals owning guns, but those people have proven, they are unworthy of the responsibility that come with ownership and possession. If gun rights (theirs or anybody else's) were important to them, they would not have been using them as tools of their criminal or violent trade or tendencies. To hell with people like that. I don't care if they are secure in their homes or not. They should have thought of that first.
You're not being reasonable at all! You're still stuck on matters that are unrelated to the problem, and you too still refuse to accept the 'culture of wars and killing with guns.

Michael Moore emphasizes the truth but it's not surprising that Americans continue to reject it. Amazingly, even parents who have lost children to gun violence reject it in most cases!

In respect to your efforts White, you're convincing on showing that you care! But can you take the next step by caring enough? You're certainly smart enough to know that you haven't come up with a solution that can make a difference.

White is genuine and is at least sincere with his recommendations! You are not, but at least you have raised the talking points that make his ideas irrelevant.

Except that he cares and you don't care about the mass murder with guns.

Still 2Aguy, you're not as dedicated to evil as much as 14Shooter who displays a tank for his avatar, and his name makes the statement of evil too.

No matter who releases them, for whatever reason, adult or juvenile, that is why stop and frisk should be the law of the land.

Stop and frisk saved lives......it kept gang members from walking around with their illegal guns......

I'm politically non-partisan so I try to see both sides of the issue. And I see how someone on the "gun rights" side would think that.

But my question to you is, "Why would their goal be to take guns away from law abiding citizens and not criminals?"

Like I stated in my original post, most large cities that have high gun violence rates are run by democrats. So I tend to agree that it seems somewhat hypocritical that this debate surfaces every time there is a suburban mass shooting or a school shooting INSTEAD of bringing the issue up every time there's a shooting in their cities. And that furthers my point that in order for both sides to (at least) respect the other sides viewpoint, inner city gun violence needs to be drastically reduced.
The thinking is, the less access people have to guns the fewer guns will be used.

There may be some truth to this, but that does not fix the issue, not even close.

On a darker note, tyrants historically try to round up the guns of the populace, for obvious reasons.

But with police being defunded all around the country and social workers being hired instead of police officers, most people realize that their only defense is their guns now.

You have ethnic cleansing and if the U.S. didn't have troops in Europe, they would already be killing each other again, or Russia would be in Paris.....
And you're known for attempting to deflect away from the fact that America's mass shooting are the relevant factor.

It's in Americans' heads and it's the 'culture' of continuous wars and killing people with guns.

The thinking is, the less access people have to guns the fewer guns will be used.
Change that to say that the less people want access to guns, the fewer guns that will be used. (for murdering fellow Americans)
most people realize that their only defense is their guns now.
Yes, the issue has escalated to that point at which no other remedy will even be considered.

Americans are stuck with needing their guns to survive. What could change that?

Change that to say that the less people want access to guns, the fewer guns that will be used. (for murdering fellow Americans)

Yes, the issue has escalated to that point at which no other remedy will even be considered.

Americans are stuck with needing their guns to survive. What could change that?
The number of lives that are saved by gun ownership is never talked about.

Again, knowing the anti-police government is in power for the foreseeable future, people realize that if they give up their guns they may be giving up their very lives.

Just another gun control debate that can be terminated at any time now.

There's once again no sign or indication that Americans are ready to accept the fact that it's a culture problem.

The number of lives that are saved by gun ownership is never talked about.

Again, knowing the anti-police government is in power for the foreseeable future, people realize that if they give up their guns they may be giving up their very lives.
That's right and thanks!

This cartoon gives the current gun control debate situation. RKBA advocates have compromised and compromised and it is never enough.

th

Your signature quote....C.S. Lewis....right? Just wondering...

Just another gun control debate that can be terminated at any time now.

There's once again no sign or indication that Americans are ready to accept the fact that it's a culture problem.

If the U.S. didn't have troops in Europe, they would be murdering each other right now, or speaking Russian....

Forum List

Back