The greatest songwriters and composers.

George M Cohan - The Man Who Owned Broadway

Roosevelt presented him with the Congressional Medal of Honor for his patriotic songs during and after WWI.

now that was downright educational, thx Hoss ~S~

one person you wont see on this list is the so called king of rock n roll...
Did he even actually write any of his songs ?
I don't THINK he did. He was, however, given songwriting credit for his huge hit, "Heartbreak Hotel". Which was probably done as a favor to him by his record company, RCA. I believe Mae Axton, Hoyt's mother, SHOULD be the only one given songwriting credit for that song.

The Beatles usually come to mind first when it comes to popular music. Steely Dan has a lot of great songs. Carole King. Bob Dylan. Elton John of course. It's been awhile since he could hit those high notes with his voice, but so many great songs....

I hear that Ludwig van Beethoven was somewhat decent at it.

The composer is in dispute, but I'm going to put this here because. well, I like it.

The Beatles usually come to mind first when it comes to popular music. Steely Dan has a lot of great songs. Carole King. Bob Dylan. Elton John of course. It's been awhile since he could hit those high notes with his voice, but so many great songs....

I hear that Ludwig van Beethoven was somewhat decent at it.

Yep, a pretty fair composer.........

I'm at a loss...sold the most records? ....wrote the most tunes? .....made the most $$$?.....had the most hits?.....was the most musically adept?.....

One could assume one hellova long list.....and whadda i know? i'm just a 2nd rate Bplayer in a hick band

where did this all start might be a good Q

maybe it's those great composers , who's material keeps coming back in the guise of modern genre's?

check it out ( i luv this stuff)

~S~

Honorable mention to the BB's , i had all their 8 tracks in my '62 chevy as a lad......more music that just keeps coming back.....give a listen to Lorrie Morgan's country twang take.....>>>

~S~

It's all so influential ,once ya get the groove....

27788449_1424395774354625_7292035294696827211_o.jpg

~S~

Forum List

Back