The Great Loop

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Omg my buddy is like 53 years old and he just told us he is retiring. His wife is going to retire in a year and then they are going to spend a year doing the great loop. I’ve always dreamed of hitting the lotto and doing this. He’s actually going to do it. I’m so jealous or envious.

If you don’t know what the great loop is you basically take the Great Lakes to the mississippi to the gulf then up the east coast to New York then take the st Lawrence to the Great Lakes. Takes about a year To complete.

Omg my buddy is like 53 years old and he just told us he is retiring. His wife is going to retire in a year and then they are going to spend a year doing the great loop. I’ve always dreamed of hitting the lotto and doing this. He’s actually going to do it. I’m so jealous or envious.

If you don’t know what the great loop is you basically take the Great Lakes to the mississippi to the gulf then up the east coast to New York then take the st Lawrence to the Great Lakes. Takes about a year To complete.
my sister and her husband are getting ready to do this loop in a big cabin cruiser,,

their trip got delayed due to medical issues currently being remedied,,

maybe next yr,,

my sister and her husband are getting ready to do this loop in a big cabin cruiser,,

their trip got delayed due to medical issues currently being remedied,,

maybe next yr,,
It is a dream of mine to make this trip. But you have to have someone to go with. My current girlfriend isn't an option. There is this woman in my building who I think is single, my age and cute. I hardly ever see her but when I do we seem to hit it off. Sweetheart as far as I can tell. And she would be retired by the time I'm ready to do this.

The other thing I might do is buy a yacht for Clearwater, FL. Something too big to do the loop but my brother is thinking about getting a place in Clearwater. I could get a condo too, OR, even better, I could get a yacht that I can live on when I'm in Florida and then when we're all in Florida I can take everyone out on the boat. People say that will be expensive but it can't be more expensive than having a house and a boat in Florida. I would hope we could go to the Bahama's on it.

My brother has a place in Greece, up north Michigan and soon Florida. I can stay with them in Greece and up north but if they get a place in Florida I can't be mooching off them there too. Plus having a yacht will make Florida a lot more fun.

This one person said

Despite its challenges, I never knew living on a sailboat could be so addicting.

I love the fresh sea air rushing through the companionway, and the tap-tap of rain on the cabin house. I love how the boat leans in a big gust of wind, and rocks me gently to sleep when we anchor out.

The sailboat brings so much freedom and adventure to our lives. We can sail to remote corners of the world and bring our home along with us. We can enjoy dolphins leaping from our bow as we carve a path in the sea.

When living on a sailboat, the world really is our oyster, and I can't imagine any other way of life.

Forum List

Back