The Friday Five

So happy [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] asked:

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy?

My fabulous trolls.

2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children?

Other children, but usually one or two at a time.

3. What was your favorite children's game?

Pretend. My best friend and I used to orchestrate pretend games, often orphans escaping from some horrible aunt. (Inspiration: The Wolves of Willoughby Chase).

4. What kind of play were you most interested in?

Something very imaginative.

5. How well did you share?

Very well...I used to make troll clothes for anyone who was interested. I was the Coco Chanel of troll fashion.

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

* My dolls

* With my brother ( I was a tomboy and he and his buds were much more fun than my girlfriends.

* Riding my ten speed.

* Hide and seek

* Generously

The Friday Five is something I have enjoyed on many forums. How about we all have some fun with it here.

1. A red fire truck I could pedal
2. other kids, we had a lot of kids in the neighborhood
3. it was sort of like hide and seek. but there was a home base and you had to make it back to the home base without being seen
4. probably playing army
5. pretty well. we seemed not to be all that possessive as kids. then again we didn't have a lot.

Hi everyone!
1, after my family moved to the states, it was a basketball and still is, even though I'm 52.
2, To quote one of my grade school teachers, "He plays well with other children", we had many kids my age in our neighborhood.
3, Hide and seek
4, Softball, kickball, anything with balls because as my dad said to me often, "you've got a lot of balls!"
5, Oh, I was a sharing kid!

Last edited:
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] [MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION] [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION] [MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION] [MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION] [MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION] [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=21679]william the wie[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=37250]aaronleland[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] [MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION] [MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=33449]BreezeWood[/MENTION] [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] [MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION] [MENTION=46750]Knightfall[/MENTION] [MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION] [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] [MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION] [MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION] [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] [MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=43491]TooTall[/MENTION] [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] [MENTION=31918]Unkotare[/MENTION] [MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18988]PixieStix[/MENTION] [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] [MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION] [MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION] [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] [MENTION=38146]Dajjal[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=46193]Thx[/MENTION] [MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION] [MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION] [MENTION=29614]C_Clayton_Jones[/MENTION] [MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION] [MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION] [MENTION=22983]Flopper[/MENTION] [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION] [MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION] [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=24122]racewright[/MENTION] [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION] [MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION] [MENTION=46351]Shrimpbox[/MENTION] [MENTION=39072]mamooth[/MENTION] [MENTION=45320]Nyvin[/MENTION] [MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION] [MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION] [MENTION=41423]NoTeaPartyPleez[/MENTION] [MENTION=6882]JimH52[/MENTION]@Statistikhengst [MENTION=19762]asaratis[/MENTION] [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION] [MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION] [MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION] [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] [MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION] [MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION] [MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] [MENTION=45717]BlackSand[/MENTION] [MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION] [MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION] [MENTION=34695]Locke11_21[/MENTION] [MENTION=11674]Sunni Man[/MENTION] [MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] [MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION] [MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION] [MENTION=46151]HelenaHandbag[/MENTION] [MENTION=17949]Meister[/MENTION] [MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION] [MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION] [MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION] [MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION] [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=17136]bayoubill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION] [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION] [MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION] [MENTION=16291]Harry Dresden[/MENTION] [MENTION=31703]williepete[/MENTION] [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION] [MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION]@Asclepias [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] [MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION] [MENTION=42969]jon_berzerk[/MENTION] [MENTION=20342]Ringel05[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION] [MENTION=11735]Mr. President[/MENTION] [MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION]@Jackson [MENTION=39846]longknife[/MENTION] [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION] [MENTION=27995]Uncensored2008[/MENTION] [MENTION=32620]earlycuyler[/MENTION] [MENTION=30538]Grampa Murked U[/MENTION] [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION] [MENTION=42714]IlarMeilyr[/MENTION] [MENTION=43614]JohnL.Burke[/MENTION] [MENTION=31092]Kooshdakhaa[/MENTION] [MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION] [MENTION=28505]The Professor[/MENTION]

If i missed an invite to someone..... im sorry. :) I hope this is something we can all have fun with on Friday!

lol how many times did I get @-ed in this paragraph? :razz:

what can i say..... i need to keep adding and fixing.... hopefully after i get some sleep :)

So happy [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] asked:

My fabulous trolls.

Other children, but usually one or two at a time.

Pretend. My best friend and I used to orchestrate pretend games, often orphans escaping from some horrible aunt. (Inspiration: The Wolves of Willoughby Chase).

Something very imaginative.

Very well...I used to make troll clothes for anyone who was interested. I was the Coco Chanel of troll fashion.

:lol:

How many of you played "war"...where two kids take a piece of paper...draw equal number of tanks, so many ships, so many air planes etc...then you lay on the floor with a hardback book standing up between you and reach around and draw little bomb marks - killing whatever it hit?
(Like Battelship)

When I was a kid we had "rock" wars.

I'd come home a bloody mess.

Those were the days!

:cool:

:lol:

1. I didn't have one. I had many.
2. With others
3. I didn't have one.
4. ??
5. Well. I just made sure my toys came back!

:lol: Or else!

(These are really funny.)

1 Big roll of paper my mom got me to draw on. I made up an entire world with maps a history and several made-up religions.

2 I invented games for the other kids to play.

3 In my hood, war was the favorite thing to play. Nowadays we would get arrested.

4 The funnest thing to do every saturday was to go exploring the large drain pipes under the highways.

5 There were 8 kids in my family and one bathroom, we had to share.

On my resume at one time, I wrote something like this: I was one of eight children and with only one bathroom in the house, I learned time management and teamwork early.

Everyone commented on that when I interviewed for jobs. They loved it.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

1. No one vavorite....my bike (as has been stated) was an integral part of my existence.
2. Lived in AZ....so we were outside all the time playing sports, riding bikes.....always with other kids.
3. Basketball !!!
4. Sports
5. Not as well as I should have.

1. As a child, what was your favorite toy? Dolls, animal figures, my bike
2. Were you more likely to play by yourself or with other children? Both...I played with my brother a lot, I had a best friend who lived nearby that I played with. I also played a lot by myself in my room.
Cards, jump rope, monopoly, Red Rover. I spent a lot of time drawing, writing, and coloring.
4. What kind of play were you most interested in? These weird intricate imaginary role playing games (we called it "make believe" lolol). I would play with my dolls for hours...all sorts of dolls. Also had a whole animal village complete with houses and animal figurines. Each animal had a name, a family, a history, a character.

5. How well did you share? Very well but my older brother (5 years older) stole my Raggedy Ann once and tortured her. He ended up running to our mom for protection...he was afraid to get close enough to me to give her back.

1 Big roll of paper my mom got me to draw on. I made up an entire world with maps a history and several made-up religions.

3 In my hood, war was the favorite thing to play. Nowadays we would get arrested.

4 The funnest thing to do every saturday was to go exploring the large drain pipes under the highways.

On my resume at one time, I wrote something like this: I was one of eight children and with only one bathroom in the house, I learned time management and teamwork early.

At one time, many years ago, I was a personnel manager's assistant. Personnel managers love that kind of thing! Good going on your part.

When I was quite young, I had a Shirley Temple doll. One day I wanted to restyle her hair, so I cut the curls off. (I didn't realize they would not grow back.) My mother almost had a nervous breakdown: Shirley Temple dolls were not cheap and we didn't have much money. I still suffer from PTSD because of her reaction!

Last edited:

Well, since you insist:

1. Mattel Thing-maker.....loved that thing.

2. Probably 50-50

3. My parents' linen closet actually holds all the games we played as kids. Favs were Monopoly, Go for Broke, and Clue

4. Family get togethers with whiffle ball or "Kills'em" (also known as Murder Ball)....and if it snowed and all the cousins came over, we would sled down our hill and jump each other as they slid by. Needless to say, lots of stitches, broken bones and bumped heads in my family.

5. Moderately...

Totally random...you can comb and calm dolls' hair using a mixture of water and fabric softener!

I learned that from facebook! I so wish I'd known it as a kid. I had a lot of dolls with some serious matted hair!

1. My doctor's bag.
2. Other children - especially the girls.
3. Playing doctor.
4. Show and tell.
5. Shared very well - and often.

1. My Cylon and Hot Wheels... But most of my Snowman Rig and the Bandits Trans-Am.

2. Other children... Outside as much as possible. We were the typical 70's kids... Get Home when the street lights came on or you were getting whipped. I am blessed to still be close to half a dozen people I have known since I was 5.

3. Hide and Seek and Snowball fights and bombing cars with Snowballs.

4. Legos... Still have much of the stuff I built as a kid because my Dad stored it as I left it when I got older. Found it many years later. Awesome score.

5. I shared tangible things to a Fault but I Hated being copied.

:)

peace...

1. The girl up the street.
2. See Number 1.
3. Emergency Room
4. Biological differences.
5. She was not allowed to see other boys until I moved on..

:eusa_shhh:

At one time, many years ago, I was a personnel manager's assistant. Personnel managers love that kind of thing! Good going on your part.

When I was quite young, I had a Shirley Temple doll. One day I wanted to restyle her hair, so I cut the curls off. (I didn't realize they would not grow back.) My mother almost had a nervous breakdown: Shirley Temple dolls were not cheap and we didn't have much money. I still suffer from PTSD because of her reaction!

I know, I used to cut Barbie's hair until I realized it didn't grow back. Duh.

Forum List

Back