The Flint Water Crisis: An insight into Republicanism.

Well then...someone who lives in or is from Michigan and holds in near and dear to their hearts would know that Flint was taken over by an Emergency Manager appointed by the Republican governor.

Strawman

Only someone completely clueless or who is a complete partisan whore would think that one person caused that crisis and that while virtually everyone else involved through the history of that crisis was a Democrat it, nope, it was entirely the one Republican.

Do some reading on the topic and come back when you're not ignorant on the subject

Not a strawman and central to this whole crisis. Maybe if the democratic process in Flint had not been suspended, this tragedy wouldn't have happened.

Practically everyone involved in this from the start was appointed by or answered to the governor. I've been following this subject before it became national news. In fact, I was the first to post a topic on it.

Because of course when you remove the people who created the mess that means you created the mess. Still a dumb bimbo just like a couple months ago when I last posted I see

The governor did not remove the people that "created the mess". He put in someone who created a bigger one.
Gotcha, you got Republicans with the tag you're it. now of course when Republicans blame problems in Waco on Democrats, you'll get that too, right?

Wow...Waco? That's topical. :lol:

Snyder didn't make the Michigan DHHS lie. Snyder didn't make the Michigan enviromental agency lie. And Snyder didn't make the EPA cover up the lead levels.

But he's the one being accused of causing the lead poisoning by idiots.

For starters, we don't know that do we? Secondly, it's the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) that kept telling residents that the water was fine...even though the Snyder administration was shipping bottled water to their offices in Flint.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but you certainly can't expect that none of it goes to the Snyder administration. Most of the blame rests primarily with Michigan's Department of Environmental Quality. Who do they answer to? Who is their boss?

I don't give a good God damn about the freaking politicians. They are just that. Politicians. They relied on the experts. WHO WERE FUCKING LYING THEIR ASSES OFF.

Don't you get it? When you actually have the EPA covering for the locals and not saying or doing jack shit while people were being poisoned every time their turned on their taps but they aren't taking any heat all one can conclude is no one really cares about the people of Flint.

Nah you scumbuckets just want to blame the Governor. You don't want justice at all.

Yes, we want to blame the governor TOO. The EPA is taking heat, as they should. They need to stop backing down because RWNJs snivel about "abuse of powers". Screw you whiners. The EPA should have come in with the fucking Army.

The race slut vocabulary:

Whiner: Someone who blames both parties

Non-whiner: Someone who blames only their political enemies. LOL. Now we know why you conceded defeat by going racism

Strawman

Only someone completely clueless or who is a complete partisan whore would think that one person caused that crisis and that while virtually everyone else involved through the history of that crisis was a Democrat it, nope, it was entirely the one Republican.

Do some reading on the topic and come back when you're not ignorant on the subject

Not a strawman and central to this whole crisis. Maybe if the democratic process in Flint had not been suspended, this tragedy wouldn't have happened.

Practically everyone involved in this from the start was appointed by or answered to the governor. I've been following this subject before it became national news. In fact, I was the first to post a topic on it.

Because of course when you remove the people who created the mess that means you created the mess. Still a dumb bimbo just like a couple months ago when I last posted I see

The governor did not remove the people that "created the mess". He put in someone who created a bigger one.
Gotcha, you got Republicans with the tag you're it. now of course when Republicans blame problems in Waco on Democrats, you'll get that too, right?

The race slut doesn't get another point. Who saw that coming? Certainly not you, you don't see anything coming

Right, and only a fucking moron thinks Republicans run the State of Michigan or Flint. "Kaz" is for my hometown of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Though it takes little knowledge of Michigan to know what a Democrat State Michigan is and what a Democrat city Flint is. A little knowledge apparently exceeding yours. Which was my point, oh clueless one
Bottom line is the middle class has it too good in Michigan and so companies like ford are moving out.

I'm not a trump fan but he does call Republicans out for this. And stop saying Democrats do it too. Stop saying Clinton signed NAFTA. Yea true, because you had a gun to his head.
Repeat after me lefty..too many stupid Regulations, the highest corporate tax in the world, Obamacare mandates, all cause business to leave this country ....Understand? Do you support Cap and trade? I'm sure you do, Because you're a clueless wonder.:slap:
Point out the lie, drunkard.

Fuck you Seabytch. Right here. All the EM's appointed to Flint were D's who worked with the city council.

[how can a liberal mismanage this when snyder remove all of the people who were elected and put his chosen ones in place to make all the decisisions ... can you explain that tiny tid bit of reality for us ??? did the republicans fuck it up then try to push it on the city government that they removed from power... now they need a whipping post .]

You didn't point out any lie of mine, drunkard.

It doesn't matter what political party any of the EMs belonged to. They didn't answer to the people of Flint, they answered to the Governor. The EM, appointed by and answering only to the Governor made the decision to switch to improperly treated Flint water. The state protection agency, answering only to the governor, hid the presence of lead in the water and fought the EPA on it.

I know you don't want to, but you have to place blame on the governor.

Of course you do, Republicans are useless shits. It's your absolving Democrats in a Democrat city in a Democrat State who created the mess in the first place that's butt stupid

Absolving them of what? Democrats in a city in a Republican controlled state got their democracy suspended by the Republican governor when he appointed an Emergency Manager. (against the will of the voters)

Flint Emergency: Timeline of State Takeover

(actually, it was all the black cities that got their democracy suspended by the white governor...)

Bam, now that's what I'm talking about. You know Democrats know you're losing when you start race slutting. I accept your admission of defeat
You say false pattern recognition? Ur dum

Snyder didn't make the Michigan DHHS lie. Snyder didn't make the Michigan enviromental agency lie. And Snyder didn't make the EPA cover up the lead levels.

For starters, we don't know that do we? Secondly, it's the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) that kept telling residents that the water was fine...even though the Snyder administration was shipping bottled water to their offices in Flint.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but you certainly can't expect that none of it goes to the Snyder administration. Most of the blame rests primarily with Michigan's Department of Environmental Quality. Who do they answer to? Who is their boss?

I don't give a good God damn about the freaking politicians. They are just that. Politicians. They relied on the experts. WHO WERE FUCKING LYING THEIR ASSES OFF.

Don't you get it? When you actually have the EPA covering for the locals and not saying or doing jack shit while people were being poisoned every time their turned on their taps but they aren't taking any heat all one can conclude is no one really cares about the people of Flint.

Nah you scumbuckets just want to blame the Governor. You don't want justice at all.

Yes, we want to blame the governor TOO. The EPA is taking heat, as they should. They need to stop backing down because RWNJs snivel about "abuse of powers". Screw you whiners. The EPA should have come in with the fucking Army.

The race slut vocabulary:

Whiner: Someone who blames both parties

Non-whiner: Someone who blames only their political enemies. LOL. Now we know why you conceded defeat by going racism
When the bp oil spill happened in 2009 you guys didn't want to blame both sides.

But you want Democrats to take blame for every bush blooper. Iraq Snyder lead poisonings, the bush recession.

Right, and only a fucking moron thinks Republicans run the State of Michigan or Flint. "Kaz" is for my hometown of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Though it takes little knowledge of Michigan to know what a Democrat State Michigan is and what a Democrat city Flint is. A little knowledge apparently exceeding yours. Which was my point, oh clueless one
Bottom line is the middle class has it too good in Michigan and so companies like ford are moving out.

I'm not a trump fan but he does call Republicans out for this. And stop saying Democrats do it too. Stop saying Clinton signed NAFTA. Yea true, because you had a gun to his head.
Repeat after me lefty..too many stupid Regulations, the highest corporate tax in the world, Obamacare mandates, all cause business to leave this country ....Understand? Do you support Cap and trade? I'm sure you do, Because you're a clueless wonder.:slap:
Point out the lie, drunkard.

Fuck you Seabytch. Right here. All the EM's appointed to Flint were D's who worked with the city council.

[how can a liberal mismanage this when snyder remove all of the people who were elected and put his chosen ones in place to make all the decisisions ... can you explain that tiny tid bit of reality for us ??? did the republicans fuck it up then try to push it on the city government that they removed from power... now they need a whipping post .]

It doesn't matter what political party any of the EMs belonged to. They didn't answer to the people of Flint, they answered to the Governor. The EM, appointed by and answering only to the Governor made the decision to switch to improperly treated Flint water. The state protection agency, answering only to the governor, hid the presence of lead in the water and fought the EPA on it.

Of course you do, Republicans are useless shits. It's your absolving Democrats in a Democrat city in a Democrat State who created the mess in the first place that's butt stupid

Absolving them of what? Democrats in a city in a Republican controlled state got their democracy suspended by the Republican governor when he appointed an Emergency Manager. (against the will of the voters)

(actually, it was all the black cities that got their democracy suspended by the white governor...)

Bam, now that's what I'm talking about. You know Democrats know you're losing when you start race slutting. I accept your admission of defeat

Right...Democrats are losing this issue. :lol:

You've obviously been off the boards AND not paying attention to news. This issue isn't hurting Democrats, but it is going to hurt Snyder.

And I'm certainly NOT the first person to point out that Snyder's EMs only took over black cities.

Detroit Now Has a White, Republican Mayor and City Council: State Take Over Coming to a Black City Near You

Seawytch said:
kaz said:

Strawman

Seawytch said:
You've obviously been off the boards AND not paying attention to news. This issue isn't hurting Democrats, but it is going to hurt Snyder.

Strawman, never said that. And you're stupid as shit, I keep saying I blame both parties, race slut

Seawytch said:
And I'm certainly NOT the first person to point out that Snyder's EMs only took over black cities

Begging the question. The existence of other Democrat race sluts doesn't make you not a race slut. What you don't have is any evidence that race has anything to do with it, in fact, there is a far stronger corrolation

Seawytch said:

you already conceded by race slutting, there is no clearer way leftists admit you've got nothing

The race slut doesn't get another point. Who saw that coming? Certainly not you, you don't see anything coming

I got your point and was mocking it. Waco and Flint having nothing in common. In fact, you're going to be really hard pressed to find a comparable man made disaster...maybe Bridgegate. oops, nope, that was Republicans too.

Strawman

[QUOTE="Seawytch, post: 13522219]You've obviously been off the boards AND not paying attention to news. This issue isn't hurting Democrats, but it is going to hurt Snyder.[/quote]

Strawman, never said that. And you're stupid as shit, I keep saying I blame both parties, race slut

[QUOTE="Seawytch, post: 13522219]And I'm certainly NOT the first person to point out that Snyder's EMs only took over black cities[/quote]

Begging the questions. The existence of other Democrat race sluts doesn't make you not a race slut. What you don't have is any evidence that race has anything to do with it, in fact, there is a far stronger corrolation

[QUOTE="Seawytch, post: 13522219]Detroit Now Has a White, Republican Mayor and City Council: State Take Over Coming to a Black City Near You[/QUOTE]

you already conceded by race slutting, there is no clearer way leftists admit you got nothing[/QUOTE]

Really? You "keep saying" that both parties are to blame? Where did you say that? I've seen you claiming all over that Michigan is a "Democrat" state, despite being run by Republicans.

Looks like you might need more rest...or whatever you were doing. :lol:

Have a white Republican Governor suspend democracy in only black cities...and then think nobody is going to notice. :lol:

I got your point and was mocking it. Waco and Flint having nothing in common. In fact, you're going to be really hard pressed to find a comparable man made disaster...maybe Bridgegate. oops, nope, that was Republicans too.

So saying duh, you don't get it was "mocking it." What you post to every other point. Wow, clever. Not

Ouch, I said both parties are useless pieces of shit. Wow, you really nailed me for that one coming back with that Republicans are useless pieces of shit. Cut to the quick, well played.

This is why I just insult you, you're stupid as shit. You think not contradicting me is an argument. Your favorite strategy other than making up things I didn't say or mean, hence my endless response of "strawman" to your posts

And I'm certainly NOT the first person to point out that Snyder's EMs only took over black cities.

Detroit Now Has a White, Republican Mayor and City Council: State Take Over Coming to a Black City Near You

Detroit's mayor is not Republican you nut. He's a white Democrat, and I'm sure there are no Republicans on the city council...None. This is what happens when to get your information only from the internet. I'm here in MI.... You're in Lah...lah...land:cuckoo:

H

Detroit's mayor is not Republican you nut. He's a white Democrat, and I'm sure there are no Republicans on the city council...None. This is what happens when to get your information only from the internet. I'm here in MI.... You're in Lah...lah...land:cuckoo:
To be honest i though he was a republican too. He ran as a democrat but he's a former CEO of a hospital. He's a corporate moderate democrat. I don't hate the guy but he'll give in to the corporations their tax breaks. In some ways it'll work for the merchant class but not the rabble

There is an eerie silence on these boards about the ongoing water scandal in Flint Michigan with good reason. This crisis uncovers a republican tendency to do things that end up being detrimental to their constituents and everyone living near them.

The Snyder administration sparked the chain of events that led to the crisis back in April, 2014 amid a financial downturn. To save money, the decision to switch Flint's water source from Lake Huron to the Flint River was made on the ill fated advise of a state sanctioned emergency manager to Flint.

Noteworthy is the revelation that the Flint River had long had a reputation for being nasty when the state made the switch.. But the burgeoning indifference doesn't stop there. A 2011 study indicated that Flint River water had to be treated with anti- corrosion agents before it could be fit for human consumption. That didn't happen. Therein lies the culpability...the republicans dropped the ball and, either through abject stupidity or indifference, they failed those who put their trust ini them.

There is more. The callousness of these Michigan republicans underlines the inclination of the GOP to put material interests above human interests. Michael Pitt, a member of the law team representing the victims, puts it this way:

"He further lambasted state officials who, he alleged, learned of elevated lead levels in children's blood in 2014 and did nothing."

"They were staring at a public health emergency, and they sat on it for over 10 months," he said, further criticizing leaders who assured residents the water was safe when they knew it wasn't true"..

If what Pitt said is true, there is an element of criminality here.

Although these developments are shocking, I am not surprised by the cold insensitiveness of the Michigan republicans towards the people of Flint. Republicans have been against everything that makes America a better place to live for all classes of Americans. Some of the things republicans have tried to undermine is social security, MEDICARE and, ironically, the EPA. If they had their way there would be NO safety nets and the Great Depression might never have ended. Child labor would still be an ongoing phenomenon.

Given the historical agenda of republicanism...it should be clear that their actions speak louder than their words. If Trump wins, I fear the Flint water crisis gives us a glimpse of things to come. With a GOP congress, and GOP USSC to compliment Trumps in the White House..... be afraid...for nothing you breathe, drink or eat will be safe.

Flint a making of Republicans? Wow. Republicans made the milk in your refrigerator go bad too, didn't they?

Where's your homework, spanky? It was the Republicans!
I knowI am electrifying but you don't have to honor me with that observation by calling me "Sparky." Heh heh heh.

And the milk in my refrigerator never goes bad because I m in charge of it. Now if a republican invaded my house and took over all my rights and privileges to rule my household, the milk might go bad. didn't you learn anything from the Flint Water Crisis?

My home work? Obviously you didn't do yours or that question would not be necessary.

Are you sure about that Mr/s. Michigander?

Check your facts here http://vote-mi.org/Officials.aspx?State=MI&Report=MI

I always like the here, read this argument. The ultimate in lazy answers. Make your own point

Repeating your misinformation doesn't make your misinformation correct, it only makes your misinformation - misinformation X 2.

The following was C&Ped from Post #1231 on this thread... along with being ill informed, are you also reading challenged?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-flint-water-crisis-an-insight-into-republicanism.470268/page-42#post-13521552
Check your facts here ☞
http://vote-mi.org/Officials.aspx?State=MI&Report=MI

Michigan Statewide Offices

Michigan Secretary Of State
Ruth Johnson - R
Image.aspx

Websitewww.rj4mi.com

Michigan Attorney General
Bill Schuette -R
Image.aspx

Websitewww.BillSchuette.com

Michigan Member Of The State Board Of Education
Maria Carl - R
Image.aspx

Websitewww.mariacarl.com

Casandra E. Ulbrich - D
Image.aspx

Websitecasandraforsenate.com

Michigan Member Of The Michigan State University Board Of Trustees
Melanie Foster - R
Image.aspx

Websitetrustees.msu.edu/about/foster.html

George Perles - D
Image.aspx

Websitetrustees.msu.edu/about/perles.html

Michigan Member Of The University Of Michigan Board Of Regents
Ronald Weiser - R
Image.aspx

Websiteronforregent.com

Kathy White - D
Image.aspx

Websitewww.regents.umich.edu/about/bios/white.html

You are just assuming that MDEQ was lying to Snyder. You don't really know do you? After all, what would be their motive for lying to their boss? I can't think of any.

The EPA regional director admitted her culpability for not being forceful enough when she discovered MDEQ was not following federal guidelines in the treatment of FR water. She promptly resigned. She must have been a republican, otherwise why should she be so reticent in the face of obstructionist wrongdoing by the republican governor's henchmen in the MDEQ and DHHS.

Flint a making of Republicans? Wow. Republicans made the milk in your refrigerator go bad too, didn't they?

Where's your homework, spanky? It was the Republicans!
I knowI am electrifying but you don't have to honor me with that observation by calling me "Sparky." Heh heh heh.

And the milk in my refrigerator never goes bad because I m in charge of it. Now if a republican invaded my house and took over all my rights and privileges to rule my household, the milk might go bad. didn't you learn anything from the Flint Water Crisis?

My home work? Obviously you didn't do yours or that question would not be necessary.

Check your facts here http://vote-mi.org/Officials.aspx?State=MI&Report=MI

I always like the here, read this argument. The ultimate in lazy answers. Make your own point

Repeating your misinformation doesn't make your misinformation correct, it only makes your misinformation - misinformation X 2.

The following was C&Ped from Post #1231 on this thread... along with being ill informed, are you also reading challenged?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-flint-water-crisis-an-insight-into-republicanism.470268/page-42#post-13521552
Check your facts here ☞
http://vote-mi.org/Officials.aspx?State=MI&Report=MI

Michigan Statewide Offices

Michigan Secretary Of State
Ruth Johnson - R
Image.aspx

Websitewww.rj4mi.com

Michigan Attorney General
Bill Schuette -R
Image.aspx

Websitewww.BillSchuette.com

Maria Carl - R
Image.aspx

Websitewww.mariacarl.com

Casandra E. Ulbrich - D
Image.aspx

Websitecasandraforsenate.com

Melanie Foster - R
Image.aspx

Websitetrustees.msu.edu/about/foster.html

George Perles - D
Image.aspx

Websitetrustees.msu.edu/about/perles.html

Ronald Weiser - R
Image.aspx

Websiteronforregent.com

Kathy White - D
Image.aspx

Websitewww.regents.umich.edu/about/bios/white.html

You left out two of the biggest players in this drama: The Governor and his Michigan Secretary of the Treasury.

KEY POST: ( copy and save for future reference)

FLINT, MI -- Former state treasurer Andy Dillon, the official responsible for approving Flint's partnership in a new water pipeline project nearly three years ago, says he didn't expect the city would use the Flint River as a water source while the project was being built.

"I assumed they would work something out with Detroit ...," Dillon said today, Jan. 21. "They could have just stayed with" the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department until the pipeline was in service.

Former state treasurer assumed Flint wouldn't use river for drinking water.

For those interested in the truth, here is a link showing crucial e-mails between state agencies and water plant operators and the governor's office. A side bar is provided to assist with better understanding of what the e-mails mean.

10 key Flint water crisis findings from thousands of pages of emails

H

To be honest i though he was a republican too. He ran as a democrat but he's a former CEO of a hospital. He's a corporate moderate democrat. I don't hate the guy but he'll give in to the corporations their tax breaks. In some ways it'll work for the merchant class but not the rabble

More proof that you don't know much about Detroit ..That happens with you move out as a small child :thup:

Republicans don't just say government is bad they prove it.
lets see how do they prove it ... well lets look at the banking ... start in 1998 Lindsy graham and phil graham got a banking bill passed that allow people with ok credit not triple a credit but double A credit to get loans to buy a home ... they also allowed the stock market to allow over the counter derivatives to be sold threw the banks ... ... then what happen to the banking regulations ... in 2003 phil graham now as a banking lobbyist put together the american dream downpayment act. and sold it to the republicans ... they passed it a signed it into law ... what it did was allow banks to put together bulk loans made up of bad loans and good loans the sell them to unsuspecting banks ... how did they accomplish that you say??? in the bill it allowed companies to declare it to be a triple loan with out having to check them out ... then all shit book loose in 2007 when these loans started defaulting ....causing small banks to fail, companies like AIG to almost fail, Fanny mae and freddie mac to fail because the both bought up the majority of the so-called triple A loans ... then when they started defaulting what did we hear from the right ??? see government can't do anything right ... they had the gaul to say that shit ... people like you keep repeating that crap ...when all in all it was the republican who took out all the safety nets ( regulations) in banking then complain about government when it fails ...
Glass_Steagall_Act_signed___farm8_staticflicker_com.jpg

Forum List

Back