The Fix is in...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I decided to watch the MSNBC.. the bend over shivering leg channel..

It seems no matter what happens with the Debt limit .. closed door.. (hey why should the American people know what's going on)... negotiations ... it's all the Republicans fault.. ah... I guess Republicans hate everyone..

Personally I think the Republicans will wimp out and give in to the whining...:evil:

It seems no matter what happens with the Debt limit .. closed door.. (hey why should the American people know what's going on)... negotiations ... it's all the Republicans fault.. ah... I guess Republicans hate everyone..

Personally I think the Republicans will wimp out and give in to the whining...:evil:
The Repubs will back down for the good of all.
The Dems are very extreme ideologues. Their way is the only way regardless of the consequences
:(

The Dems are very extreme ideologues. Their way is the only way regardless of the consequences
:(

Well.. the Democrats had the power.. putting it politely.. the screwed up pretty bad for the American people by any reasonable standard....

I think we need a full crop of new faces in the 2012 election.. regardless of political party...

I can't image being stuck with Boener, Pelosi and Reid after 2012... it's a nightmare..

Yeah.....you let us know, when that happens.​

July 8, 2011

"Paging Captain Jack Sparrow. The modern equivalent of pirate treasure islands is holding some $1 trillion of corporate cash by U.S. corporations.

The reason is simple: U.S. corporations don’t have to pay U.S. taxes on the money when it’s sitting in offshore banks. They can defer taxes indefinitely.

While domestic corporations are free to enjoy the many benefits of American infrastructure, the money they offshore isn’t doing North Americans any good.

greed.jpg

Last edited:

If this happens, I'd be ready to oust the veteran Repubs and keep the freshmen who were calling for sticking with deep cuts and Boehner ignored them.

I don't have a TV, so I have to guess what is going on from what I see on the forums here. Lots of folks get THE WORD from their tv and come here and type their approval and regurgitate what their side said on the spin shows.

What is slightly bothersome is the total abdication of responsibility. and the switching of opinions on what is responsible behavior dependent on if they are in power or not.

For me, the depression is not a matter of this or that tax rate or this or that "targeted tax cut" or what exponent we set the debt limit but the total lack of responsibility in Washington. Those responsible for Fannie and Freddie got pay raises and bonuses instead of jail time. Congress and the White house spend the time pointing fingers rather than getting things accomplished. We don't even have someone like Nixon who would say "This is painful, you are going to hate me for this, but this needs to get done, so therefore I will so it."

My personal point of view is we don't need any more taxes so that we get more spending. Government spending money is government controlling our lives with our money. Therefore a smaller, cheaper government is a more libertarian government. Reducing spending and making the spending more productive should be the goal.

But leadership is what is more important right now. And leadership is what is seriously lacking.

I don't have a TV, so I have to guess what is going on from what I see on the forums here. Lots of folks get THE WORD from their tv and come here and type their approval and regurgitate what their side said on the spin shows.

What is slightly bothersome is the total abdication of responsibility. and the switching of opinions on what is responsible behavior dependent on if they are in power or not.

For me, the depression is not a matter of this or that tax rate or this or that "targeted tax cut" or what exponent we set the debt limit but the total lack of responsibility in Washington. Those responsible for Fannie and Freddie got pay raises and bonuses instead of jail time. Congress and the White house spend the time pointing fingers rather than getting things accomplished. We don't even have someone like Nixon who would say "This is painful, you are going to hate me for this, but this needs to get done, so therefore I will so it."

My personal point of view is we don't need any more taxes so that we get more spending. Government spending money is government controlling our lives with our money. Therefore a smaller, cheaper government is a more libertarian government. Reducing spending and making the spending more productive should be the goal.

But leadership is what is more important right now. And leadership is what is seriously lacking.

How about that. I don't have one either. Kicked it out of the house about 12 years ago.

Forum List

Back