The first 15 reasons we have gun crime in the United States....and the list will grow all year...we have to stop democrat judges and prosecutors.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
From Chicago, the first 15 reasons we have gun crime in the U.S.........

A four-time felon who was on bond for his third felony gun case is one of the gunmen who opened fire on a carload of people, leaving two injured, on the Lower West Side this month, prosecutors said Tuesday. He is now charged with five counts of attempted first-degree murder.

Hector Rivera is the 15th person charged with killing or shooting — or trying to shoot or kill — someone in Chicago this year while awaiting trial for a felony. The alleged crimes involve at least 33 victims, eight of whom died.

The other 14......

Related 2022 Stories​

#1: Man who tried to shoot 3 outside a North Side restaurant on New Year’s Day had a pending felony case, prosecutors say (January 6, 2022)

#2: Felon awaiting trial for 4 sexual assault cases escaped from electronic monitoring and tried to kill investigators who tracked him down, prosecutors say (January 15, 2022)

#3: With felony gun case pending, man shot passerby during “exchange of gunfire,” prosecutors say (January 23, 2022)

#4: Seven-time felon on electronic monitoring for his 4th gun case tried to shoot and kill his girlfriend’s father, prosecutors say (January 26, 2022)

#5: Teen on electronic monitoring for TWO gun cases carjacked a Lyft driver, then shot a 15-year-old at point-blank range, prosecutors say (February 10, 2022)

#6: Man killed nursing student months after going AWOL from felony DUI case, prosecutors say (February 20, 2022)

#7: Man shot and killed his own brother while on bail for a felony gun case, prosecutors say (February 22, 2022)

#8: Beloved Hyde Park bartender was killed by a robber who has 3 pending felony cases, prosecutors said (March 7, 2022)

#9: Man involved in New Year’s shoot-out that left one dead was on bail for his 3rd gun felony, prosecutors say (March 8, 2022)

#10: An 11-time convicted felon shot a 3-year-old and tried to kill the boy’s mother while on felony bail, prosecutors say (March 11, 2022)

#11: Man allegedly stabbed another to death 4 days after getting released on felony bail (March 29, 2022)

#12: He opened fire on his ex’s house, killing a man, prosecutors say. But he was supposed to be home 24/7 for a pending felony gun case. (March 29, 2022)

#13: Man shot a woman, fired toward 4 others, while on bond for being a felon in possession of a firearm, prosecutors say (April 7, 2022)

#14: Man killed his parents in an Uptown senior center while on bond for federal armed robbery and gun charges, prosecutors say (April 14. 2022)

A four-time felon who was on bond for his third felony gun case is one of the gunmen who opened fire on a carload of people, leaving two injured, on the Lower West Side this month, prosecutors said Tuesday. He is now charged with five counts of attempted first-degree murder.

Hector Rivera is the 15th person charged with killing or shooting — or trying to shoot or kill — someone in Chicago this year while awaiting trial for a felony. The alleged crimes involve at least 33 victims, eight of whom died.

The other 14......

Related 2022 Stories​

#1: Man who tried to shoot 3 outside a North Side restaurant on New Year’s Day had a pending felony case, prosecutors say (January 6, 2022)

#2: Felon awaiting trial for 4 sexual assault cases escaped from electronic monitoring and tried to kill investigators who tracked him down, prosecutors say (January 15, 2022)

#3: With felony gun case pending, man shot passerby during “exchange of gunfire,” prosecutors say (January 23, 2022)

#4: Seven-time felon on electronic monitoring for his 4th gun case tried to shoot and kill his girlfriend’s father, prosecutors say (January 26, 2022)

#5: Teen on electronic monitoring for TWO gun cases carjacked a Lyft driver, then shot a 15-year-old at point-blank range, prosecutors say (February 10, 2022)

#6: Man killed nursing student months after going AWOL from felony DUI case, prosecutors say (February 20, 2022)

#7: Man shot and killed his own brother while on bail for a felony gun case, prosecutors say (February 22, 2022)

#8: Beloved Hyde Park bartender was killed by a robber who has 3 pending felony cases, prosecutors said (March 7, 2022)

#9: Man involved in New Year’s shoot-out that left one dead was on bail for his 3rd gun felony, prosecutors say (March 8, 2022)

#10: An 11-time convicted felon shot a 3-year-old and tried to kill the boy’s mother while on felony bail, prosecutors say (March 11, 2022)

#11: Man allegedly stabbed another to death 4 days after getting released on felony bail (March 29, 2022)

#12: He opened fire on his ex’s house, killing a man, prosecutors say. But he was supposed to be home 24/7 for a pending felony gun case. (March 29, 2022)

#13: Man shot a woman, fired toward 4 others, while on bond for being a felon in possession of a firearm, prosecutors say (April 7, 2022)

#14: Man killed his parents in an Uptown senior center while on bond for federal armed robbery and gun charges, prosecutors say (April 14. 2022)

Federal study would track how courts set bail, release violent offenders under GOP bill​

I'm all for this. This is bipartisan.

“The Pretrial Release Reporting Act will bring transparency the American public deserves and make everyone aware of how frequent violent offenders are released into their communities after posting meager bail, or none at all,” Johnson said in a statement.

All members of Wisconsin's Republican congressional delegation signed on in support of the bill.

In Wisconsin, Republicans and some Democrats have signaled support for harsher bail standards. Some proposals include setting mandatory minimum bail amounts, allowing judges to consider an offender's risk to the public when setting bail, and eliminating cash bail.

On Tuesday, criminal justice advocacy groups met with lawmakers to share their ideas on how to reform the bail system, and their opposition to a constitutional amendment that would make it more difficult for violent defendants to get out on bail.

“I believe this bill can be damaging,” said Jerome Dillard, Ex-Incarcerated People Organizing (EXPO) executive director. “I feel judges should use their discretion but they also need to take into consideration what led up to the cause and effect.”

Another concern among Democrats and advocates is they worry the amendment eliminates the presumption of innocence.

“I feel cash bail is failing because we have two systems – one for the rich and guilty who are treated better than those who are poor and maybe innocent or guilty,” Dillard said.

The other 14......

Related 2022 Stories​

I like long sentences, including 3 times and you are out on forced retirement for the rest of your life in prison, never to see the sunshine as a free man outside the wall. I don't care if you are 31, 41 or even 21. Three times on felony, it is obvious, you are not changing, and your free days should be over, end of story.

I like long sentences, including 3 times and you are out on forced retirement for the rest of your life in prison, never to see the sunshine as a free man outside the wall. I don't care if you are 31, 41 or even 21. Three times on felony, it is obvious, you are not changing, and your free days should be over, end of story.

And we can haggle about non-violent felonies....but these are violent felons who have shown they are willing to maim and kill and that they will continue to do it when they are released....

Crime Skyrockets , America flooded with Criminal Turd Worlders & Islamists with two chips o their Shoulders ...

Federal study would track how courts set bail, release violent offenders under GOP bill​

“I feel cash bail is failing because we have two systems – one for the rich and guilty who are treated better than those who are poor and maybe innocent or guilty,” Dillard said.
Would the lack of prison space to house all the shooters be a reason that would cover all the others as secondary reasons?

Suppose all shooters, including the Rittenhouses, were jailed and that increased the number of beds needed by double the current number.

Would the taxpayers be willing to foot the bill, or would it be necessary to up the penalty to death for minor bullet injuries?

Or would there be any support for imposing the death penalty on all black shooters?

And we can haggle about non-violent felonies....but these are violent felons who have shown they are willing to maim and kill and that they will continue to do it when they are released....
Here is an even better idea. Three proven, convicted violent attack felonies a juvenile or adult has been sentenced for in the past and the sentencing is automatically bumped up to the death penalty. Better the three time convicted violent criminal than the man, woman or child on the street.
The biggest mistake a woman can make is devoting her life, thinking she can change the character of the man she married. They don't change. Neither do the three times convicted felons. Prison wall far better to protect the misguided people of society, than restraining orders on wife beater do for protecting women in bad relationships with men who do not change.

Would the lack of prison space to house all the shooters be a reason that would cover all the others as secondary reasons?

Suppose all shooters, including the Rittenhouses, were jailed and that increased the number of beds needed by double the current number.

Would the taxpayers be willing to foot the bill, or would it be necessary to up the penalty to death for minor bullet injuries?

Or would there be any support for imposing the death penalty on all black shooters?
Black or white does not matter. I am all for upping the death penalty. Mad dogs should be put down.

Black or white does not matter. I am all for upping the death penalty. Mad dogs should be put down.
Seriously, what do you have in mind?

Can you suggest how the death penalty could be increased to being the punishment for crimes that escape currently by other circumstances.

I have the luxury of being positive about the possible remedy you suggest, as long as it doesn't effect Canada and could conceivably have a positive influence on Canadians.

All great questions. And i'll be curious to see if conservative judges are any better. They want to win too. So like liberal judges, they cop plea deals all the time. Give a guy 10 years when he should be serving life. If it goes to trial, maybe he will be found not guilty.

And I'd be curious how many young white conservative men who violently rape women in college repeat offend when the conservative judges most always let them out with what amounts to a slap on the wrist.

1650478025229.png

1650478036221.png

But the judge, Robert Adrian, overturned his conviction, saying the sentence was “not just.” The judge has been removed from hearing criminal cases.

All great questions. And i'll be curious to see if conservative judges are any better. They want to win too. So like liberal judges, they cop plea deals all the time. Give a guy 10 years when he should be serving life. If it goes to trial, maybe he will be found not guilty.

And I'd be curious how many young white conservative men who violently rape women in college repeat offend when the conservative judges most always let them out with what amounts to a slap on the wrist.

View attachment 633602

View attachment 633603

But the judge, Robert Adrian, overturned his conviction, saying the sentence was “not just.” The judge has been removed from hearing criminal cases.
Part of the problem that can't be ignored is that America is dependent on plea bargaining. Without it, statistically the courts are incapable of handling the load!

This results in criminals not going to trial and receiving just sentences. But it also results in far too many criminals being jailed when lesser punishment is more justified.

In short, the American system has failed.

The American people see 'red' if Norway's system is as much as being mentioned. That erects a barrier against any possible solution!

That is, excepting third country remedy of a bullet to the back of the head.

Part of the problem that can't be ignored is that America is dependent on plea bargaining. Without it, statistically the courts are incapable of handling the load!

This results in criminals not going to trial and receiving just sentences. But it also results in far too many criminals being jailed when lesser punishment is more justified.

In short, the American system has failed.

The American people see 'red' if Norway's system is as much as being mentioned. That erects a barrier against any possible solution!

That is, excepting third country remedy of a bullet to the back of the head.

Adam goes behind bars to reveal how corporations make money off of inmates, expose the myth of jail rehabilitation and illustrate why solitary confinement is akin to torture.

There are 2.2 million people incarcerated in the U.S., ten times more than fifty years ago.

Last year Corrections Corporation of America took in one point seven BILLION dollars.

The sales pitch was a lie: private prisons cost taxpayers just as much or more than regular prisons.

private prisons dole out twice as many infractions as government prisons. To keep you longer.

If you think the goal is less prisoners....Last year, a private prison in Arizona didn’t meet their 97 percent capacity quota, so the state government had to pay them a $3 million fine.

Are we trying to educate them when they are in prison? we’ve gone from 350 college-degree programs for people in prison across the country, to just 12!

And good luck getting into the programs that do exist. The largest prison training program in the country has a waiting list of 10,000 people

This New York Times Magazine piece explores the prison system in Norway, which takes a far different approach than the United States and produces promising results.

Seriously, what do you have in mind?

Can you suggest how the death penalty could be increased to being the punishment for crimes that escape currently by other circumstances.

I have the luxury of being positive about the possible remedy you suggest, as long as it doesn't effect Canada and could conceivably have a positive influence on Canadians.
I already did. If you have two prior convictions on violent felonies, the third be a death penalty upgrade. You have proven more dangerous to society and without motivation to change. If the violent felonies started as a juvenile, those would count also. Why? Do you think the violent thug's life as important or more important than yours, your wife's, your daughter's. Not mine. I don't mean to sound cold, but I have priorities and do not include responsibilities to the dangerously detrimental individuals of society.
Oh, and if it works out, it might prevent our thugs coming across the border to inflict themselves on your society. How's that for a benefit to Canadians?

I already did. If you have two prior convictions on violent felonies, the third be a death penalty upgrade. You have proven more dangerous to society and without motivation to change. If the violent felonies started as a juvenile, those would count also. Why? Do you think the violent thug's life as important or more important than yours, your wife's, your daughter's. Not mine. I don't mean to sound cold, but I have priorities and do not include responsibilities to the dangerously detrimental individuals of society.
Oh, and if it works out, it might prevent our thugs coming across the border to inflict themselves on your society. How's that for a benefit to Canadians?
I was really mostly interested in how far an American would go on administering the death penalty. You've done as I had expected.
Most Americans openly suggest that they feel no social responsibility toward the people their system is destroying.

I don't mean to sound cold, but I have priorities and do not include responsibilities to the dangerously detrimental individuals of society.

I can't imagine anything colder than that! You mean it!

No state in America will do that

No state in America
The gop states will never go for that

The other 14......

Related 2022 Stories​

We have gun crimes because we have guns.

I was really mostly interested in how far an American would go on administering the death penalty. You've done as I had expected.
Most Americans openly suggest that they feel no social responsibility toward the people their system is destroying.

I can't imagine anything colder than that! You mean it!
I have managed to make it 67 years without killing anybody once and never seriously wounded anybody more than once, that time being in self-defense. My dog even knows the word "NO" and she's only 8 years old. For whatever reason (and the reason not mattering to me) some people do not learn "NO" means "NO"! After the third violent attack, it is apparent, you cannot teach some dogs, new tricks.

No state in America will do that
I know. It is equally sad, many segments of society do not possess the will to survive, while others prey upon them at will, with little to fear in terms of punishment or retribution for their actions against the more innocent, trusting and often more defenseless of society.

Forum List

Back