The fake universities, just remember this was under Obama but Trump

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
will try and take credit for it.
------------------------------------------------------

The University of Farmington was set up in 2015 to catch foreign nationals who had travelled to the US on student visas but stayed on by transferring to fake universities and then obtaining work permits through them.

The practice is common enough that US officials refer to such colleges as "visa mills" and the scam as a "pay-to-stay" scheme.

In 2011, federal officials closed the Tri-Valley University in California for cheating students, mostly from India, of hundreds of thousands of dollars in exchange for what turned out to be illegal visas. In 2018, another university in California, Silicon Valley University, was also shut down for similar reasons.

In 2016, immigration agents set up the fake University of Northern New Jersey and arrested 21 people, mostly from China and India.

This time, the sting operation has sparked a minor diplomatic row - with Indian officials saying the students may have been duped. Some immigration advocates in the US also believe some innocent foreigners were entrapped by the government.

But the US government denies this, saying students knowingly enrolled in a fake institution for the visa benefits.

'I fled the fake US university'
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So if and when Trump tries to take credit for it, like everything, remember it was started under Obama. Of course Trump also had a fake university that he had to pay back students. Scam.

Scams everywhere you look, and I feel bad for the students who got scammed.

Then Trump and Devos lowered the regulations:

Betsy DeVos and her cone of silence on for-profit colleges
------------------------------------------------------------------

So scam universities are ok, and fake ones are ok. I feel bad for the students that literally wanted a degree and paid bigs bucks for one and expected a good job but got a scam degree, but not the students who knew they were in a fake university.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back