The Ethical Boundaries of the Gay Agenda: A New Millenium of Free Speech

Are homosexuals genetically predisposed to desiring same sex individual? Is homosexuality exclusively genetic or is it in fact primarily a result of environment influence?

Anne Marie

Are homosexuals genetically predisposed to desiring same sex individual? Is homosexuality exclusively genetic or is it in fact primarily a result of environment influence?

Anne Marie

I did a research paper on this in college. I wish I could find the article cause its great. It was actually in the Christian Science Monitor. Basically what the article said was this:

1. There is a genetic predisposition to be homosexual associated in the result findings.
2. There is a correlation between mothers getting the flu during pregnancy and homosexual offspring.
3. There were not strong gender roles imposed upon the infant during its early development.

These three things seemed to increase the chances of a person being homosexual. I tried looking for the article online, but couldn't find it. I remember that the author of the story seemed peeved that homosexuality didn't seem to be a choice. I loved using that article in my research paper because it came from the Christian Science Monitor.

Anne Marie

I did a research paper on this in college. I wish I could find the article cause its great. It was actually in the Christian Science Monitor. Basically what the article said was this:

1. There is a genetic predisposition to be homosexual associated in the result findings.
2. There is a correlation between mothers getting the flu during pregnancy and homosexual offspring.
3. There were not strong gender roles imposed upon the infant during its early development.

These three things seemed to increase the chances of a person being homosexual. I tried looking for the article online, but couldn't find it. I remember that the author of the story seemed peeved that homosexuality didn't seem to be a choice. I loved using that article in my research paper because it came from the Christian Science Monitor.

I've been looking for it myself just now. Found a couple but I don't know what year your talking about. Hmmmm. Still looking. Sounds very interesting, Colorado.

Anne Marie

Anne Marie

I've been looking for it myself just now. Found a couple but I don't know what year your talking about. Hmmmm. Still looking. Sounds very interesting, Colorado.

Anne Marie

Well, I did the paper in 2004 and if I remember correctly it was a fairly recent article at the time. I went to the Christian Science Monitor website and tried to track it down, but to no avail. Maybe if I spend some real time looking for it I might find it, but not today.

Either way, the findings were that homosexuality isn't a choice.

By APA standards, neither is homosexuality a mental disorder. The definition of a disorder is long so to read about what it says in the DSM IV: Psychology - Google Books (This isn't the DSM IV but the definition is quoated from the DSM IV).

Were homosexuality a mental disorder, would we still want to relegate those with this disorder to second class citizens? Like people with mild forms of Down's Syndrome or Autism who can still function in regular society, but without the right to marry the consenting adult they love and with whom they are in a committed relationship amd without the rights and benefits that straight married couples enjoy and are extended by the government. And if it were a mental disorder, then homosexuals will be protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act so you better watch out if that's your point. They'll get their own restrooms, you won't be able to fire them, they'll be covered by Affirmative Action, and they might be able to take their case to the SCOTUS and win the right to marry from that angle.

Anne Marie

Well, I did the paper in 2004 and if I remember correctly it was a fairly recent article at the time. I went to the Christian Science Monitor website and tried to track it down, but to no avail. Maybe if I spend some real time looking for it I might find it, but not today.

By APA standards, neither is homosexuality a mental disorder. The definition of a disorder is long so to read about what it says in the DSM IV: Psychology - Google Books (This isn't the DSM IV but the definition is quoated from the DSM IV).

Were homosexuality a mental disorder, would we still want to relegate those with this disorder to second class citizens? Like people with mild forms of Down's Syndrome or Autism who can still function in regular society, but without the right to marry the consenting adult they love and with whom they are in a committed relationship amd without the rights and benefits that straight married couples enjoy and are extended by the government. And if it were a mental disorder, then homosexuals will be protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act so you better watch out if that's your point. They'll get their own restrooms, you won't be able to fire them, they'll be covered by Affirmative Action, and they might be able to take their case to the SCOTUS and win the right to marry from that angle.

I don't think clinically genuine homosexuality is a mental disorder. It's is biophysical disorder, but it only accounts for less than 1 percent of homosexuals, who have demonstrated feminine or male characteristics, well before puberty, and an eventual attraction to the same sex thereafter.

But I also believe that the majority of homosexuals are this way because of environmental influences which played a major role in sexuality. Especially with teenagers and even younger children who have had adverse experiences in their lives.

In prisons homosexuality is normal but those who practice it, aside from rape, accounts for over 70% of heretosexuals who eventually gave in to the need to have sex, no matter what the dynamic.

There's a lot of ground here, making it nearly impossible to conclude that Homosexuality is or is not a choice.

I'll keep looking for that article, Colorado. Thanks!

Anne Marie

Last edited:
I don't think clinically genuine homosexuality is a mental disorder. It's is biophysical disorder, but it only accounts for less than 1 percent of homosexuals, who have demonstrated feminine or male characteristics, well before puberty, and an eventual attraction to the same sex thereafter.

I think that its a misnomer to categorize homosexuality as any kind of disorder. If it caused the "victim" pain or suffering and it hindered them in their everyday lives so that they couldn't function well then I think you could use the term "disorder".

I would like to see your source(s) on the above statistics before I make a judgement.

But I also believe that the majority of homosexuals are this way because of environmental influences which played a major role in sexuality. Especially with teenagers and even younger children who have had adverse experiences in their lives.

Such as...

In prisons homosexuality is normal but those who practice it, aside from rape, accounts for over 70% of heretosexuals who eventually gave in to the need to have sex, no matter what the dynamic.

You wrote "need to have sex". That means that the only choice they had was to give in to the "need" or to resist it, and that, in my opinion, isn't much of a choice. Prison is also an unnatural circumstance.

There's a lot of ground here, making it nearly impossible to conclude that Homosexuality is or is not a choice.

Not necessarily. Here's why I think that:

1. I can't choose to be gay. No matter how hard I tried I would not find a man sexually attractive. Perhaps if I was in prison for many years, but I'm not nor do I plan to be unless the Secret Service ever track me down...wait, I didn't say that!

2. All the homosexuals I know claim to have been gay since they can remember. I can either believe all of them or believe that all of them are lying. Which makes more since logically? Think Occam.

3. Why would someone choose to be gay? There are many social reasons why not to, and some of those reasons for many gay people are filial as well as social. And take into consideration that it means choosing to be with someone one isn't naturally attracted to.

4. How many things have you experienced in life have only one cause? Now take that and apply it to human mental and emotional development, especially the development of personality of which there are more than a few theories. It would most likely, I would extrapolate from my own personal experiences and academic learning, be that there are both genetically and environmentally influnences that cause homosexuality and neither only one of the other. Based on that I would speculate the a very small percentage of homosexuals are heterosexuals choosing to be gay.

I'll keep looking for that article, Colorado. Thanks!

Let me know if you find it cause I'd like to have it on hand in future discussions. Thanks!

Last edited:

Anne Marie

I'm not entirely sure what difference it makes, unless you're a doctor or research scientist who's trying to cure it. Despite what many advocates would like people to believe, genetics aren't exactly nature's seal of approval on something. Consider, if you will, how many diseases and birth defects are genetic in nature. And how many mental and behavioral disorders. We know that alcoholism and schizophrenia are both related to a genetic predisposition and can be hereditary, for example.

Anne Marie

I doubt it. All declaring it a disability is going to get them is a lot of people creating cures. I can't even imagine the logic stretch it would take to create a "right" to change society to normalize a disorder. ADA just means you can't abuse the disabled. It doesn't mean you have to treat them as though disability is an "alternative lifestyle".

I think that its a misnomer to categorize homosexuality as any kind of disorder. If it caused the "victim" pain or suffering and it hindered them in their everyday lives so that they couldn't function well then I think you could use the term "disorder".

I would like to see your source(s) on the above statistics before I make a judgement.

It doesn't cause them problems? Seems to me it's at least as much of an inconvenience to them as my lifelong clinical depression is to me. Sure, I can hold a job, pay my bills, maintain a relationship, raise children, but does that mean I don't have a disorder or that I'm just like regular people? I don't think so. At the very least, being different is a nuisance.

Not necessarily. Here's why I think that:

1. I can't choose to be gay. No matter how hard I tried I would not find a man sexually attractive. Perhaps if I was in prison for many years, but I'm not nor do I plan to be unless the Secret Service ever track me down...wait, I didn't say that!

There are more kinds of choices in life than just conscious, voluntary ones. Schizophrenics don't consciously choose to be so, but their subconscious minds do choose it.

2. All the homosexuals I know claim to have been gay since they can remember. I can either believe all of them or believe that all of them are lying. Which makes more since logically? Think Occam.

Doesn't mean much. Could be the subconscious choice at work, could just be hindsight reinterpreting things in the memory. Memories aren't exactly the most rock-solid evidence in the world.

3. Why would someone choose to be gay? There are many social reasons why not to, and some of those reasons for many gay people are filial as well as social. And take into consideration that it means choosing to be with someone one isn't naturally attracted to.

Make up your mind. Either being homosexual is something awful and inconvenient that no one would choose, in which case it's a disorder, or it's no big deal and not a disorder, in which case, why WOULDN'T some people choose it? You can't have it both ways.

4. How many things have you experienced in life have only one cause? Now take that and apply it to human mental and emotional development, especially the development of personality of which there are more than a few theories. It would most likely, I would extrapolate from my own personal experiences and academic learning, be that there are both genetically and environmentally influnences that cause homosexuality and neither only one of the other. Based on that I would speculate the a very small percentage of homosexuals are heterosexuals choosing to be gay.

Or maybe they're heterosexuals that have just been royally screwed by genetics AND environment.

Anne Marie

I doubt it. All declaring it a disability is going to get them is a lot of people creating cures. I can't even imagine the logic stretch it would take to create a "right" to change society to normalize a disorder. ADA just means you can't abuse the disabled. It doesn't mean you have to treat them as though disability is an "alternative lifestyle".

The ADA mandates you make special accommodations for the disabled that can stretch to absurd lengths.

The ADA mandates you make special accommodations for the disabled that can stretch to absurd lengths.

Well, if they want special ramps to get into buildings, I suppose we can accommodate them. If they need interpreters in court to translate everything into "Gayspeak" for them, that could be entertaining. I don't see anyone asking for special marital laws for paraplegics, though.

Well, if they want special ramps to get into buildings, I suppose we can accommodate them. If they need interpreters in court to translate everything into "Gayspeak" for them, that could be entertaining. I don't see anyone asking for special marital laws for paraplegics, though.

The outcome of which would certainly accomodate these strange ways.

Anne Marie

Why is Homosexuality these days, such an issue?

Anne Marie
It wouldn't be, if America allowed gay marriage. Nobody cares or even talks about homosexuality in the Netherlands. Well, the recent Muslim immigrants do, but they are a minority.

Last edited:
Its hard indeed to have any rational and logical dialogue with anyone that bases their entire life upon any act of SEX....that merely demonstrates the fact of their emotional view of the world that surrounds them. Its most difficult attempting to explain what is Deviant about any homosexual relationship in comparison to the NORMS of society...which by logic and math...the MAJORITY always establishes the NORM. There is nothing NORMAL about anyone that continually attempts to place round pegs into square holes in the first place....it simply demonstrates the lack of logic and the state of someones MENTAL hygiene, as the human mind controls all aspects of the body human, down to the last electro-chemical impulse that flows through the nervous system.

Thus...those that make practice of this deviant and abnormal practice of sexual relations can attempt to propagate the false message that homosexuality has nothing to do with the state of one's mental stability until they turn blue....but, its very obvious, all homosexuals are both emotionally and mentally unstable. And regardless of what propaganda that is preached....there is nothing NORMAL about homosexuality in comparison to the majority of society that practices sex by the choice of hetero preference.....AS ALL SEX IS ENGAGED by free will choice....be it homo or hetero in nature...IF NOT....YOU ARE THE VICTIM of RAPE. Declaring that someone is BORN as a homosexual is as absurd as declaring that DRUNKS are born that way.....before they have...by freewill choice...decided to take their FIRST DRINK.

By all means....its NONE OF MY BUSINESS what two consenting adults do within the sphere of privacy that is provided by the system of jurisprudence in this nation....Do what you will in the privacy of your own life...but do not attempt to bring your personal bedroom agenda into the public realm and then declare that YOUR PRIVACY rights have been violated. Or do not attempt to teach MY CHILDREN in public school that the private choices that YOU make within the privacy provided by our system of law.....IS NORMAL. If I want my children taught societal MORES'......I very well can teach them in the privacy of MY HOME. I simply want MY CHILDREN educated in the 3 Rs.....not the humanities, until they have reached the age of REASON and determine for themselves what LIFESTYLE they wish to CHOOSE....with CHOOSE being the key term.

Last edited:
....but, its very obvious, all homosexuals are both emotionally and mentally unstable.
No, no it is not obvious at all.

Then....just how do YOU explain the continued attempt to place round pegs into square holes? There is NOTHING mentally normal about ATTEMPTING to make things work...that are not intended to work. The greatest sexual organ in the body human is the MIND. With that said....I believe that all homosexuals should be treated with the same respect, empathy and sympathy that ALL mentally or physically challenged people are. I would have nothing against allowing them to have their own marriages....with the simple declaration that declares, "THIS COUPLE IS HOMOSEXUALLY MARRIED".....giving them their own handi-capped parking spaces...etc. Its the American Way...and would be most POLITICALLY CORRECT. IF NOT....WHY NOT? Its all about demanding special rights in the first place...based solely upon sexual preference. As All homosexuals have the EXACT same rights that I now enjoy...in relation to humanitarian concern.

Last edited:
....but, its very obvious, all homosexuals are both emotionally and mentally unstable.

Then....just how do YOU explain the continued attempt to place round pegs into square holes? There is NOTHING mentally normal about ATTEMPTING to make things work...that are not intended to work. The greatest sexual organ in the body human is the MIND.
You've never enjoyed oral sex? The penis doesn't go into the mouth, silly.

Then....just how do YOU explain the continued attempt to place round pegs into square holes? There is NOTHING mentally normal about ATTEMPTING to make things work...that are not intended to work. The greatest sexual organ in the body human is the MIND. With that said....I believe that all homosexuals should be treated with the same respect, empathy and sympathy that ALL mentally or physically challenged people are. I would have nothing against allowing them to have their own marriages....with the simple declaration that declares, "THIS COUPLE IS HOMOSEXUALLY MARRIED".....giving them their own handi-capped parking spaces...etc. Its the American Way...and would be most POLITICALLY CORRECT. IF NOT....WHY NOT? Its all about demanding special rights in the first place...based solely upon sexual preference. As All homosexuals have the EXACT same rights that I now enjoy...in relation to humanitarian concern.

Well, get used to it. Our children are already being brainwashed.

Homosexuality in Public Education National Report - The Legal Liability Associated with Homosexuality Education in Public Schools - Updated with current cases that will directly impact this ...
Homosexuality in Public Education - Cached - Similar

Homosexuals brainwashing our children in elementary schools Part 1: "Gay & Lesbian Pride" Day in Elementary Schools - Actual footage of teachers indoctrinating children that homosexuality is "healthy education. ...
Homosexuals brainwashing our children in elementary schools - Cached - Similar

Teaching Homosexuality in Public Schools Homosexuality in Public Schools. ... adults and their allies [to] mount a major education campaign through letters back to their former schools... to change ...
Error - Cached - Similar

Anne Marie

Forum List

Back