The end of AI

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Somewhere in the 50s and 60s, MIT had a promising laboratory of Artificial Intelligence, where such outstanding scientists as Hewitt, Vinograd, Minsky and so on worked, but then it was dispersed. Why did this happen, is it related to the Cuban missile crisis and the Kennedy assassination?

Somewhere in the 50s and 60s, MIT had a promising laboratory of Artificial Intelligence, where such outstanding scientists as Hewitt, Vinograd, Minsky and so on worked, but then it was dispersed. Why did this happen, is it related to the Cuban missile crisis and the Kennedy assassination?
how is the Missile Crisis/etc involved?

I am not following you. AI is still a thing and even if it wasn't why would it be related to the Cuban missile crisis and the Kennedy assassination?

"In an AI-enhanced future, humans will become better at everything; they’ll also become safer, less vulnerable to danger. That’s why Lockheed Martin continues to invest in and expand our AI and autonomy capabilities. AI adds value to almost all our products and systems, supporting both military and commercial customers."

..I'm reading Gambling With Armageddon at this time ---it's all about the Missile Crisis

AI includes algorithms. Includes Alexa and Siri. Any voice assistance tech easily created with python. And it includes robotics and virtual reality. It is a large term. Which field of AI are you thinking of?

Kennedy adhered to Khrushchev, which means he led an anti-British policy. The Cuban Missile Crisis happened at the same time.

If he hasn't done it already ( I think he has but I can't prove it) Musk is very close to having an implantable chip to hook humans up to the "Internet of Things".

I mean there is no real research, this is just tabloid style information.
No real research into AI??? You must be joking. There isn't a major tech company I've seen or been associated with that isn't dead serious about this technology. They've been looking at it and studying it for the last five years. Some even longer. I'm not sure what your point is here but I'll make the leap you are concerned about the application and use of the technology?? Correct?

No real research into AI??? You must be joking. There isn't a major tech company I've seen or been associated with that isn't dead serious about this technology. They've been looking at it and studying it for the last five years. Some even longer. I'm not sure what your point is here but I'll make the leap you are concerned about the application and use of the technology?? Correct?
No, I believe that the industry has not developed at all since then. For the last 20 years, they have increased the power of computers with high memory and increased processor frequency, and passed off this as progress, they write fairy tales in the press.

Forum List

Back