The Electoral College is not fair!

Okay, Population of Los Angeles County.

10.16 Million.

Population of those states might be lower, but they have more votes combined.

One person, one vote... done! this isn't complicated.

You wingnuts also need to look at the future. When HIspanic Population growth turns Texas and Arizona blue, you guys will never be able to win in the EC.
So 30 States combined can overcome Los Angeles!

That’s the stupidest excuse yet. Advocacy of new Unions is beyond stupid.

Are you some kind of retarded person.

Can you show me a state where everyone votes the same way, then you'd have a point. There were lots of Republicans in Los Angeles, and a lots of Democrats in Texas, and none of them really mattered...

The only people who mattered were a few people in Rust Belt states because Hillary didn't pander to them by promising them jobs that don't exist would come back.

That's just... crazy.

Can you show me a state where everyone votes the same way, then you'd have a point. There were lots of Republicans in Los Angeles, and a lots of Democrats in Texas, and none of them really mattered...

The only people who mattered were a few people in Rust Belt states because Hillary didn't pander to them by promising them jobs that don't exist would come back.

That's just... crazy.
Hilarious how the system was fine until Hillary got her ass kicked.

If you can’t understand the concept of States not wanting to surrender their ability to elect a President, it simply exposes how stupid you Leftists are.

Here's the thing. Most times, the EC just confirmed what the popular vote was. So people just thought of it as a formality.

Even 2000, the vote was so close nationally and in Florida, you could argue a split decision either way.

2016, the people made a pretty clear rejection of Trump and his racism.. and they were ignored because of this archaic system.

The ironic thing is that if you shot up the GOP delegation with Sodium Penothal, they'd all admit, Trump is completely unfit to be President by any objective standard. I suspect most of his supporters on USMB know it,...

But if you ever wonder how a Mad Emperor stays in power, this is a great example.

First, I never said it violates the Constitution. That is your assumption, and if you want it defend it, defend it yourself. But, let me point out that pursuant to Article II, Section 1, Clause 2, the legislature of each state determines the manner by which its electors are chosen. Each state's number of electors is equal to the combined total of the state's membership in the Senate and House of Representatives; currently there are 100 senators and 435 representatives. Additionally, the Twenty-third Amendment provides that the District of Columbia (D.C.) is entitled to a number of electors no greater than that of the least populous state (3) Following the national presidential election day in the first week of November, each state counts its popular votes pursuant to that state's laws to designate presidential electors. If you look at the Constitution, no where does it allow States to base their votes on the results of other states, thus invalidating the determination of the voters in their own state.

So you're saying it doesn't violate the Constitution, but it does violate the Constitution. Very convincing.

I note the Constitution doesn't place any standards on how states choose their electors. If they'd like, the states can flip coins, or base it all on the opinion of a single reindeer herder in northern Finland.

You're right, there is no standard on states choose their electors, so I guess ignoring the votes of the people of that state in order to select the candidate YOU support is fine.

Honestly, I do enjoy when people like you reveal what sort of totalitarian jackasses you are.

Okay, Population of Los Angeles County.

10.16 Million.

Population of those states might be lower, but they have more votes combined.

One person, one vote... done! this isn't complicated.

You wingnuts also need to look at the future. When HIspanic Population growth turns Texas and Arizona blue, you guys will never be able to win in the EC.

Get rid of the states, then you can.

That's just... crazy.

IOW, Hillary was campaigning for Miss Congeniality and can't figure out why she wasn't crowned Miss America.

What is not fair is for greedy welfare queen assholes to use our democracy to steal what they are too sorry to provide for themselves.

Its a quaint and archaic system. The person with the most votes should win , that is the same all over the world. Any system that gets in the way of that is corrupt. .

Without the EC, American politicians running for National office can literally avoid the entire middle half of the country and even coastal areas that aren’t urban centers and still win.

THAT is unacceptable. Especially since those coastal, urban centers are generally full of the people LEAST likely t have any idea what this country was intended to be and how it was intended to be run.

Naw, we just need to get rid of the EC.

IOW, Hillary was campaigning for Miss Congeniality and can't figure out why she wasn't crowned Miss America.

Actually, she had some crazy idea that she was trying to win the people over, not the Kremlin.

As long as states want to be represented as separate entities, we'll have the EC. And Hillary forgot that "the people", specifically democrats in California, don't elect the president, never have.

Naw, we just need to get rid of the EC.

Actually, she had some crazy idea that she was trying to win the people over, not the Kremlin.
Send in your money to do a Constitutional Amendment then. Let’s see how big a deal you think it is.

You're right, there is no standard on states choose their electors, so I guess ignoring the votes of the people of that state in order to select the candidate YOU support is fine.

If that's your opinion, fine. I don't think anyone here agrees with it, but you are free to hold it.

Honestly, I do enjoy when people like you reveal what sort of totalitarian jackasses you are.

I didn't say anything totalitarian. You did, and then you pretended I said it.

What have we learned? If it serves the goals of your cult, there's no lie you won't tell, no sleaze you won't stoop to. I enjoy it when corrupt moral relativists like you put their moral relativism on open display.

What have we learned? If it serves the goals of your cult, there's no lie you won't tell, no sleaze you won't stoop to. I enjoy it when corrupt moral relativists like you put their moral relativism on open display.
You don't care about all votes mattering, one person one vote or any of the other platitudes you put up to sway the listless
You just want to win, and you know you can;t unless you change the rules.

If that's your opinion, fine. I don't think anyone here agrees with it, but you are free to hold it.

I didn't say anything totalitarian. You did, and then you pretended I said it.

Wow, at NO point did I say you said you were a totalitarian. I said you REVEALED yourself to be a totalitarian jackass.

I suppose you're doing the best you can since you are wrong (my opinion) and can't really defend the idea that you want to ignore the votes of people that don't vote in a manner in which you approve.

Here's the thing. Most times, the EC just confirmed what the popular vote was. So people just thought of it as a formality.

Even 2000, the vote was so close nationally and in Florida, you could argue a split decision either way.

2016, the people made a pretty clear rejection of Trump and his racism.. and they were ignored because of this archaic system.

The ironic thing is that if you shot up the GOP delegation with Sodium Penothal, they'd all admit, Trump is completely unfit to be President by any objective standard. I suspect most of his supporters on USMB know it,...

But if you ever wonder how a Mad Emperor stays in power, this is a great example.

Oh give it up....The People decided Trump is fit to be President. Who the fuck are you to say he is unfit? Is that what they TOLD you to post? You are a dufus.

What's hilarious to me is that one Democrat mantra is 'every vote counts' yet they want to deny equal voting power to less populace States by getting rid of the EC.

the science is settled
screenshot_20190320-124833_samsung-internet (1).jpg

TINVOWOOT

Wah, ([emoji24]) it’s not fair. We did Hillary a favor. She can’t even handle the stress of not being president. She can’t walk anymore. She should just park her fat ass on a beach somewhere, and relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back