The Dishonest Creationist Tactic of 'Quote Mining'

No, ding.. There were Natufians in Jericho and the Levant 14,000 years ago. They didn't all migrate from Mesopotamia unless you think the Tower of Babel is real history??
The Tower of Babel is the allegorical account of the great migration from Mesopotamia. Prior to that they shared a common culture and heritage.

So the Jews were the first monotheists, right?
I don't know if that's accurate. Maybe more accurate to say Judaism was the first organized, monotheistic religion that we know of. Surely plenty of people had decided for themselves that there was only one, dominant God before the Jews wrote such a thing down.

I don't know if that's accurate. Maybe more accurate to say Judaism was the first organized, monotheistic religion that we know of. Surely plenty of people had decided for themselves that there was only one, dominant God before the Jews wrote such a thing down.

Yeah... that guy was Abraham. And that account was passed down orally.

Some are returning to the theory that the universe has always been here. No Big Bang. Everything was always here. No beginning. No end.

Phys.org) —The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.

The widely accepted age of the universe, as estimated by general relativity, is 13.8 billion years. In the beginning, everything in existence is thought to have occupied a single infinitely dense point, or singularity. Only after this point began to expand in a "Big Bang" did the universe officially begin.

Although the Big Bang singularity arises directly and unavoidably from the mathematics of general relativity, some scientists see it as problematic because the math can explain only what happened immediately after—not at or before—the singularity.

"The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there," Ahmed Farag Ali at Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, both in Egypt, told Phys.org.

So what? there is a written account that said Muhammed flew to heaven on a horse.

"I lifted a car with my pinky!"

And now there is a written account that I lifted a car with my pinky.
We are discussing the first monotheists. You don't seem willing to attribute Judaism as the source of the first monotheists. Even though you have no basis for not accepting this.

You don't seem willing to attribute Judaism as the source of the first monotheists.
Right, because it may not be true. Others may have decided earlier that there is one dominant god above all others. They would meet the definition of monotheists.

Right, because it may not be true. Others may have decided earlier that there is one dominant god above all others. They would meet the definition of monotheists.
Wow, that's some messed up logic. According to that logic nothing is ever true.

So which was the first known monotheistic religion?

Wow, that's some messed up logic. According to that logic nothing is ever true.
No, according to that logic, we cannot claim to know things we do not actually know. I can see how a faither would miss such a simple idea, given that violation and ignorance of it is central to your magical paradigm.

No, according to that logic, we cannot claim to know things we do not actually know. I can see how a faither would miss such a simple idea, given that violation and ignorance of it is central to your magical paradigm.
Cool story. So which was the first known monotheistic religion?

So what? there is a written account that said Muhammed flew to heaven on a horse.

"I lifted a car with my pinky!"

And now there is a written account that I lifted a car with my pinky.
Perhaps Muhammad flew to heaven in a UFO.

1634249519377.jpeg

Sorry, does not argue that its followers or its founder were the first monotheists. 3 times now.
So, your answer is the Jews?

Of course it is. You can't even bring yourself to say it.

By your logic Albert Einstein may not have been the first person to discover relativity, right? I mean there could have been someone else before him, right?

PoliticalChic , he board's foremost practitioner/LIAR with quote mining is back at it.

7. The warning that Eisenhower provided need be recalled in connection with the following:

In 2007, physicists Steven Weinberg addressed the “Beyond Belief: Science, Religion, Reason, and Survival” conference. This Nobel Prize winner claimed “Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.” He was warmly applauded.​

What was the religious provenance of poison gas, barbed wire, high explosives, experiments in eugenics, Zyklon B, heavy artillery, napalm, nuclear weapons?​

What did Christopher Hitchens write…” God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything!”​

Well, then how do with reconcile science with abortion, fetal stem-cell research, euthanasia, infanticide, cloning, animal-human hybrids, among the other ‘gifts’ of science, an ideology bereft of any sense of responsibility to human nature.​

Forum List

Back