The Dads, Brads and Chads are Big Mad

Wow, because I personally don't do it I have no idea how it's done.

Bloody arrogant of you. Listen darling, I am friends with Michelle Phillips, hell we slept together a few times, I watched REAL music being created by real musicians.

I sat in on a Wrecking Crew recording session. If you don't know who they are, then your opinion is pretty worthless. Hell, you didn't even know that Madonna wrote most of her music.

One of my best friends is a close friend of Katy Perry, it was one of her productions being done that I watched the new production methods being used.

I play the guitar, not great, but I can play anything Swift has written. The reason why she is popular is because she writes pop songs for little girls. They are full of angst, and produced by master sound engineers. But those little girls have never heard real great music produced by real great musicians.

But her greatest skill is putting on an entertaining live show. However, she does nothing original. Her shows could have been done by KP, or Madonna, or Kylie Minogue, etc.

I haven't said one bad thing about her other than I know truly great singers and musicians, and she ain't one of them. Which I do thanks to being old.

I got to experience music that you never will, and that is sad. But that is what happens with the passage of time.

Ah, the gatekeeping.

Michelle Phillips "co wrote" California Dreaming (a great song) when her husband woke her up and she helped finish the song. She admittedly liked acting better than singing. I can't find where she generated nearly the amount of songs Swift does or did, nor played any instruments with any kind of proficiency. Or at all.

But you slept with her, and I guess you "watched" her sing, so there's that.

So really, you lost there.

That's a cute resume. Check mine out.
Played on 12 albums, 6 of which with my original band. Everything from hard rock to Americana to Brazilian Soul. Toured America several times with my original band.
In the 80's the band I played with a band that opened for Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult and Johnny Winter all in the same summer.
I've met and conversed with Pat Metheny, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry and a host of other great musicians.
These days I'm very much into the blues scene. I'm regarded as a modern day Jesse Ed Davis.
Several times a year we have celebrations featuring the best blues artists and I'm always invited. I also do a lot of fill in work with local bands now that I'm retired. Matter of fact I'm doing a "throw together" show tonight. Through all of this I keep being humble and thank creator for the talent that I have.
To the point. Taylor Swift gets to do what she loves to do and that is what matters.

Agreed. She's a pop songwriter; that's what she does. My goodness, the gatekeeping. People. You can eat filet mignon, caviar, a good burger, brownies and lollipops sometimes.

The snobbery....heh

Many a great entertainer has a moderately good voice. Johnny Cash didn't have a great voice, but wow, could he tell a story with a song. Likewise, there are many that have great voices but would be terrible on stage, so you never hear them. TS appeals to the young teenaged girl demographic, it's what she does.

Most of her fans are millennials

Has absolutely nothing to do with talent....Especially as it relates to the utterly talentless Phish.
WTF?

Talent is a matter of opinion, lots of them.
If they didn't have it, then people wouldn't sign them to record deals, they wouldn't be booking concert dates, they wouldn't buy tickets to their shows.

Just like this.

Godsmack Cancel South American Tour Due To "Lack Of ...​

1703850168552.png
Theprp.com
https://www.theprp.com › 2023/03/03 › news › gods...

Mar 3, 2023 — Multi-platinum hard rock outfit Godsmack have cancelled their planned April tour of South America, citing apparent poor ticket sales.

WTF?

Talent is a matter of opinion, lots of them.
If they didn't have it, then people wouldn't sign them to record deals, they wouldn't be booking concert dates, they wouldn't buy tickets to their shows.

Just like this.

Godsmack Cancel South American Tour Due To "Lack Of ...

View attachment 880219
Theprp.com
https://www.theprp.com › 2023/03/03 › news › gods...
Mar 3, 2023 — Multi-platinum hard rock outfit Godsmack have cancelled their planned April tour of South America, citing apparent poor ticket sales.
Hippies go to Phish concerts because any sense of taste in music that they may have had is smothered by all the drugs they're on, in order to suffer through one of their shitty shows.

Godsmack sucked in the 90s...Little wonder they can't putt butts in seats today.

Hippies go to Phish concerts because any sense of taste in music that they may have had is smothered by all the drugs they're on, in order to suffer through one of their shitty shows.

Godsmack sucked in the 90s...Little wonder they can't putt butts in seats today.
My opinion also................
BUT............they still got record contracts.
Like Kanye West and his shit is autotune crap.
Someone, somewhere likes it enough to record it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back