The cruelty of Covid-19 and death

My big brother died, July 7 of a stroke.....it was sudden, without warning and he was gone. The very next day, July 8 would have been his 64 birthday. I have been crying ever since. Now the cruelty....because I have been in self isolation since the word came out, I am without a hug, without my family, without our mom, I am alone. Although the family talk via the phone, of course its not the same......I need a shoulder to rest my heart on, a kiss on the forehead for assurance, something to bring his cold cruel death to warmth.

Were it under any other circumstances, I could make it through this, but Covid won't let me.

His wake, is Sunday and although I plan to attend, I am without a doubt, fearful as hell. My family, his wife, is of the old school mentality, as is his church, the more the merrier......will every one come masked? or will they not??? I don't know and like I said, I am terrified to be among the mourners....So far from all the video I've been receiving, as they celebrated his birthday, no masks, just tears and sadness, like I said, I am scared as hell about Sunday and this wake. I will not attend the funeral Monday, because word is out, 70 mourners will be accommodated....I am beside myself with guilt, sadness and grief.

This virus, this hell, is beyond the heart, its tearing away at my soul. My anxiety is over the top, I can't drink enough liquor to get me through this guilt and the fear. My 83 year old mother will be at this funeral and I am beside myself with fear. But mama must say good bye to her first born and I understand. I feel like a coward, I feel hopeless, but I'm afraid, so afraid to go.

I had hoped the wife would arrange a private viewing for the immediate family and plan a virtual funereal, but she needs the support from all his friends and family.....I understand...but I can't get passed the reality that black funerals end so often with black people becoming infected and dying...I've heard to many stories about this, but still I feel like a coward.

Covid-19 has stripped me finally of everything, including my heart. Her cruelty, I bow to you, you win!!

May my big brother sleep in heavenly peace and forgive me for being afraid and a coward.

Had a friend that lived near my father, had his father pass away suddenly without warning. This was in June.

We all went to the funeral, and no one had masks on.

We just decided we're not going to live in fear. Life is short dude. You can't just down your entire life, over a pathetic virus.

My father is 77, has asthma, and has diabetes. He's about as high in the risk category as you can get. If he was around a doctor, they'd be telling him to wear masks, and hide in the basement.

He looked me in the eyes "I've lived a good life. I'm 77. If the Lord calls me home, then I am ready to go. But I'm not going to waste the months I have left living in fear".

We went to the funeral, and we went to 4th of July, and we went to the beach, and we hanged out with friends, and we had BBQ at the lake house.

We're not going to live in fear.

You want my opinion? You should do the same. Life is too short to waste it. You have one chance in this world to live in the Blessing of the Lord. Be free of fear, live wisely, and live your life.

My big brother died, July 7 of a stroke.....it was sudden, without warning and he was gone. The very next day, July 8 would have been his 64 birthday. I have been crying ever since. Now the cruelty....because I have been in self isolation since the word came out, I am without a hug, without my family, without our mom, I am alone. Although the family talk via the phone, of course its not the same......I need a shoulder to rest my heart on, a kiss on the forehead for assurance, something to bring his cold cruel death to warmth.

Were it under any other circumstances, I could make it through this, but Covid won't let me.

His wake, is Sunday and although I plan to attend, I am without a doubt, fearful as hell. My family, his wife, is of the old school mentality, as is his church, the more the merrier......will every one come masked? or will they not??? I don't know and like I said, I am terrified to be among the mourners....So far from all the video I've been receiving, as they celebrated his birthday, no masks, just tears and sadness, like I said, I am scared as hell about Sunday and this wake. I will not attend the funeral Monday, because word is out, 70 mourners will be accommodated....I am beside myself with guilt, sadness and grief.

This virus, this hell, is beyond the heart, its tearing away at my soul. My anxiety is over the top, I can't drink enough liquor to get me through this guilt and the fear. My 83 year old mother will be at this funeral and I am beside myself with fear. But mama must say good bye to her first born and I understand. I feel like a coward, I feel hopeless, but I'm afraid, so afraid to go.

I had hoped the wife would arrange a private viewing for the immediate family and plan a virtual funereal, but she needs the support from all his friends and family.....I understand...but I can't get passed the reality that black funerals end so often with black people becoming infected and dying...I've heard to many stories about this, but still I feel like a coward.

Covid-19 has stripped me finally of everything, including my heart. Her cruelty, I bow to you, you win!!

May my big brother sleep in heavenly peace and forgive me for being afraid and a coward.

Had a friend that lived near my father, had his father pass away suddenly without warning. This was in June.

We just decided we're not going to live in fear. Life is short dude. You can't just down your entire life, over a pathetic virus.

My father is 77, has asthma, and has diabetes. He's about as high in the risk category as you can get. If he was around a doctor, they'd be telling him to wear masks, and hide in the basement.

He looked me in the eyes "I've lived a good life. I'm 77. If the Lord calls me home, then I am ready to go. But I'm not going to waste the months I have left living in fear".

We went to the funeral, and we went to 4th of July, and we went to the beach, and we hanged out with friends, and we had BBQ at the lake house.

You want my opinion? You should do the same. Life is too short to waste it. You have one chance in this world to live in the Blessing of the Lord. Be free of fear, live wisely, and live your life.
Not living in fear is a choice. Being afraid because the media has ginned up this fear is ridiculous. Letting your aged mother go to the funeral of her son without the full support of her family is selfish to the NTH degree. It's a whole other level of selfish and uncaring. To use an excuse like "I'm afraid of the covid." Is nauseating. Put on your big boy pants and do it anyway. Stop listening to democrats.

63% of the 130,000 ppl who have died so far, are blacks....ppl like me and there's a reason for it. Its not that we don't have healthcare, I do, its not that we're all unhealthy with underlying deceases, white ppl have that too, its just that the medical community as does this country, do not VALUE US, as they do others and that is just fact. A overweight 63 year old black women showing up in ER with this shit, vs the same in others, I'm a dead woman, for sure. And the way life has been going for me so far this year, it hasn't been good. Today is the day for the wake, I'll see how this goes and make up my mind later, meanwhile, again thanks to all for the support, the Tiger appreciates it.

Not living in fear is a choice. Being afraid because the media has ginned up this fear is ridiculous. Letting your aged mother go to the funeral of her son without the full support of her family is selfish to the NTH degree. It's a whole other level of selfish and uncaring. To use an excuse like "I'm afraid of the covid." Is nauseating. Put on your big boy pants and do it anyway. Stop listening to democrats.
Or better still Tiger, stop paying attention to the facts, that 63% of your race is dying for this shit and 37% of whites are. Ignore the facts that these blacks you see day in and day out are without masks or a care in the world, ignore your jobs complete ignorance of guidelines, ignore all that and live live live....gotcha!! Because God knows, I got all the luck on my side.

Maybe your fellow Lefties will forgive you for dropping the charade that is the COVID Dempanic. If just for the funeral service. As for the liquor? If it isn’t working; you just aren’t drinking enough of it. Try harder.
Condolences...

63% of the 130,000 ppl who have died so far, are blacks....ppl like me and there's a reason for it. Its not that we don't have healthcare, I do, its not that we're all unhealthy with underlying deceases, white ppl have that too, its just that the medical community as does this country, do not VALUE US, as they do others and that is just fact. A overweight 63 year old black women showing up in ER with this shit, vs the same in others, I'm a dead woman, for sure. And the way life has been going for me so far this year, it hasn't been good. Today is the day for the wake, I'll see how this goes and make up my mind later, meanwhile, again thanks to all for the support, the Tiger appreciates it.

I don't believe that at all. You would have to prove that black people are exactly identical to whites in all areas.

My father in his late 70s, still goes and lifts weights, like he did when he was wrestling coach. My mother still walks 2 miles every other day.

I don't think the problem is that black people are left to die. First off, that would be a lawsuit. Second, hospitals don't get money if you die. Hard to collect money from dead people. Third, it does matter where you go. If you go to a crappy hospital, you get crappy care. My family would never go to the government funded OSU hospital. That place is a death trap. We go to the private hospital that costs more. Yeah, we have a bigger bill, but we get better care, by far.

I don't believe that at all. You would have to prove that black people are exactly identical to whites in all areas.

My father in his late 70s, still goes and lifts weights, like he did when he was wrestling coach. My mother still walks 2 miles every other day.

I don't think the problem is that black people are left to die. First off, that would be a lawsuit. Second, hospitals don't get money if you die. Hard to collect money from dead people. Third, it does matter where you go. If you go to a crappy hospital, you get crappy care. My family would never go to the government funded OSU hospital. That place is a death trap. We go to the private hospital that costs more. Yeah, we have a bigger bill, but we get better care, by far.
Where I live, its the public hospitals that give minorities the best of the best care...private hospitals only care about money and white people

My big brother died, July 7 of a stroke.....it was sudden, without warning and he was gone.
a little confused - did your brother have covid as well ...

It's a whole other level of selfish and uncaring.
yes, that is why covid has been unleashed, uncaring christians that have brutally assaulted Garden Earth too bad payback is so random.

My big brother died, July 7 of a stroke.....it was sudden, without warning and he was gone.

yes, that is why covid has been unleashed, uncaring christians that have brutally assaulted Garden Earth too bad payback is so random.
You believe that God unleashed covid because uncaring Christians have brutally assaulted Garden Earth?

breezewood is a fruitcake.gif

I hope time helps your loss.

I was ata recent funeral and most wore mask

hugs and hand shakes were optional

You believe that God unleashed covid because uncaring Christians have brutally assaulted Garden Earth?

View attachment 364749
Covid is rampant because of money.....and we will rule the days...when we keep allowing this love of money to rule our hearts, our daily lives and our failures in not believing in God. All of this could have been handled much better were it not for Trump and his need to keep on top of an economy that was his only path to re election.

I hope time helps your loss.

I was ata recent funeral and most wore mask

hugs and hand shakes were optional
I could only handle the wake...the extreme heat inside this church was just too much....we had our masks on, but some due to the heat wore them half ass...I couldn't do the funeral. My beloved brother is at peace, out of this hell we have here on earth and so am I with his passing. If Trump wins another 4 years, I seriously do not want to live.

View attachment 364749
Covid is rampant because of money.....and we will rule the days...when we keep allowing this love of money to rule our hearts, our daily lives and our failures in not believing in God. All of this could have been handled much better were it not for Trump and his need to keep on top of an economy that was his only path to re election.
Don't worry. The economy will shut down soon enough. Can't wait for all the suffering getting ready to come our way. Couldn't happen to a more deserving people.

I think we are already starting to see signs of people becoming discouraged.

Seeing the remains will give you more closure than not seeing them.
His wake will give me closure, that I will attend, I'm just not comfortable sitting in a hot church, with mourners grieving and crying.
Most churches today have air conditioning. Yes, there is some grieving; however, there is also hope where there is CHRIST. When my mother died, my sisters and I read a list of words and or phrases that reminded us of our mother ---- and yes, there were a few good laughs sprinkled with poignant memories.

Where I live, its the public hospitals that give minorities the best of the best care...private hospitals only care about money and white people

Everyone only cares about money. People don't work for free. You show me the impoverished doctor that is working without pay. Where's that guy?

I'm not going to argue with you about your public hospital or your private hospital. I've worked at both, and I have been to both, and I know the difference.

I'm not going to try and change your mind, you are free to believe whatever you want.

I would challenge you to get good insurance, and go to a private hospital, and see the difference for yourself.

And I don't buy that if you show up a private hospital with decent insurance, that they are going to be "no we won't take your money, because you are black".

I don't buy it. Sorry.

Condolences for your loss Tiger and your loneliness through these times.

Soes you know private hospitals don't give a crap about white people without money either. The only way to get the best care is to find the best doctors that actually care about you as a person. They are a rare breed these days simply due to the way the system has been. I felt very blessed to get a few doctors that wanted only the best care for me as a person in the last few years. Now if I listened to the local corps I be nothing more than a quick buck to them for doing what they consider standard surgeries. One way to get the best medical care is to become an informed patient as there is no better advocate for you than you.

Soes you know private hospitals don't give a crap about white people without money either. The only way to get the best care is to find the best doctors that actually care about you as a person. They are a rare breed these days simply due to the way the system has been. I felt very blessed to get a few doctors that wanted only the best care for me as a person in the last few years. Now if I listened to the local corps I be nothing more than a quick buck to them for doing what they consider standard surgeries. One way to get the best medical care is to become an informed patient as there is no better advocate for you than you.

Actually that's not true either. I've gone to the hospital without money, or insurance.

I'm not sure what you think happens when you do this... but they send you something called a "Bill". And you just pay the bill.

If the bill is more than you have, then you pay what you can every single month. I did this. It was good almost two years, paying off that medical bill.

But I got good care, and it was well worth the money. So I paid it.

Just pay for care. Would you work for someone, if they didn't pay you? No. You would expect proper pay, for work given. Right?

Well... why would hospitals be any different? Pay for what you want, like an adult. Grow up.

Actually that's not true either. I've gone to the hospital without money, or insurance.

I'm not sure what you think happens when you do this... but they send you something called a "Bill". And you just pay the bill.

If the bill is more than you have, then you pay what you can every single month. I did this. It was good almost two years, paying off that medical bill.

But I got good care, and it was well worth the money. So I paid it.

Just pay for care. Would you work for someone, if they didn't pay you? No. You would expect proper pay, for work given. Right?

Well... why would hospitals be any different? Pay for what you want, like an adult. Grow up.
Sometimes, no most of the time you are simply a dickhead not worth considering. Hospitals still are bound by federal law when they have been built with federal dollars to care for anyone regardless of their financial situation that is why you got that initial care when you walked through their doors.

And as usual you are clueless as you make up some sort of scenario and make assumptions in your pea brain without knowing jack about another person's life circumstances, insurances, finances, etc... so go fuck yourself as I am simply not in the mood to converse with you.

Forum List

Back