The court's slippery slope of religious institutions getting taxpayer money

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
When Republicans do something like this, they think it's a terrific idea.

This is the problem. Give one church money and you have to give all churches money.

Even the Church of Satan.

Or the Church of the Great Moon Goddess.

Once you start giving taxpayer money to churches, you have to treat all churches equally.

Children have safe playground equipment. The horrors!
he made a good point, as crazy as that sounds.
Are you going to freak out when you are paying for satan charities?

If people want to send their kids to a Church of Satan pre-school, and that pre-school can benefit from playground funding, why not?

It was a specific program that targeted a specific function for funding. Why should religious schools that offer the same services be denied the $$ when it has nothing to do with establishment or endorsement of religion?

Tax payer money available to all for children safety? No.

However I doubt we will ever see that. You'd have to convince parents to send their children to a school run by the church of Satan? Seems unlikely. And if it does happen we have bigger problems then taxpayers funding a playground

Can Satan's disciples use the playground for evil as well?

The OP makes a dumb argument. "We" don't have to give money to the Church of Satan if "we" don't want to. "You" can't force "us" to do that.

However I doubt we will ever see that. You'd have to convince parents to send their children to a school run by the church of Satan? Seems unlikely. And if it does happen we have bigger problems then taxpayers funding a playground
So...you perceive a problem about parent choices? If you disagree?

So...you perceive a problem about parent choices? If you disagree?

Whether i disagree or not, a large group of parents raising their children to worship and follow evil will be a bigger problem than whether they get money for a playground

Let them use the money from the taxes they keep.
How about we support the country. I know, I know. It's a novel idea.

So glad to see you are going to stop hurting the country. Welcome to the constitutional movement
Uhh, hellooOOoo.
Constitutional means the churches don't get money.
Duh!

No. Constitutional means government doesn't discriminate against a religion. Which is what the law did by prevent them from getting public money for a non religious purpose.

Churches make no financial contribution to the collective well being, yet they want to profit from collective coffers? If a private enterprise wants school style equipment for its facilities, it pays for them. If a religious institution that pays no taxes wants society to pay for items that benefit it, it had better ask a society lacking the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back