The Chief Vicar of Christianity issues prophetic warning regarding the rise of populism.

Pope Francis has warned against the rise of populist leaders like Adolf Hitler.

He made the comments to Spanish newspaper El Pais as Donald Trump was being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.

During the interview, the pontiff condemned the use of walls and barbed wire to keep out foreigners, but said it was too early to judge Mr Trump, saying: “I think we must wait and see.”

MY RESPONSE:

I have been issuing that same warning here for some time now. So-called RW Christians have sold their souls to the devil and have given a demagogue free reign over us. And while I don’t care so much that Trump wants to build a wall to keep foreigners out, it is the Hitler analogy that got my attention. That led me to consider that a wall can keep people IN as well.

Trump has repeatedly insinuated that he is going to empower the police even more to combat gangs and crime. But at what costs? Will those change come at the expense of suspending Constitutional rights of minorities who aren’t gang members or criminals? Trump’s race relations history, his fondness for Stop and Frisk and his choice for Attorney General needs no middle man to interpret what he intends to do. We don’t need to wait and see. The handwriting is on the wall

It is noteworthy that the Pope chose to make his declaration the same day of Trump’s inauguration. That papal gesture resonated around the world. Perhaps with all of our combined prayers,now validated by the Pope, God will intervene and touch the heart of Donald to do the right thing. By some measure a miracle has already manifested itself. Trump has softened on eradicating the ACA entirely.

But whether that was divine intervention or just common sense, God only knows. for now though, I’d like to think the Pope’s warning prompted millions of prayers. And I have been told Prayer changes things!

Yeah, the popes a well known globalist. He can piss off.
Christ was too. That is the nature of the Christin doctrine...it has no borders.

That's the problem with religious fanatics, they don't understand that utopia doesn't exist on this plane of existence. Nor is it likely to ever be.

He made the comments to Spanish newspaper El Pais as Donald Trump was being sworn in as the 45th President of the United States.

During the interview, the pontiff condemned the use of walls and barbed wire to keep out foreigners, but said it was too early to judge Mr Trump, saying: “I think we must wait and see.”

MY RESPONSE:

I have been issuing that same warning here for some time now. So-called RW Christians have sold their souls to the devil and have given a demagogue free reign over us. And while I don’t care so much that Trump wants to build a wall to keep foreigners out, it is the Hitler analogy that got my attention. That led me to consider that a wall can keep people IN as well.

Trump has repeatedly insinuated that he is going to empower the police even more to combat gangs and crime. But at what costs? Will those change come at the expense of suspending Constitutional rights of minorities who aren’t gang members or criminals? Trump’s race relations history, his fondness for Stop and Frisk and his choice for Attorney General needs no middle man to interpret what he intends to do. We don’t need to wait and see. The handwriting is on the wall

It is noteworthy that the Pope chose to make his declaration the same day of Trump’s inauguration. That papal gesture resonated around the world. Perhaps with all of our combined prayers,now validated by the Pope, God will intervene and touch the heart of Donald to do the right thing. By some measure a miracle has already manifested itself. Trump has softened on eradicating the ACA entirely.

But whether that was divine intervention or just common sense, God only knows. for now though, I’d like to think the Pope’s warning prompted millions of prayers. And I have been told Prayer changes things!
You guys are pretty fickle when it comes to popes. Some days they are your best friends and others days not so much.
When they are acting like jerks, call them out!
Who is acting like a jerk? If there are any jerks around here it is those who would vilify Pope Francis for being a champion of the poor and underprivileged.
His insinuation that any leader conforms to the attitude of Hitler is reckless and dangerous.

MY RESPONSE:

You guys are pretty fickle when it comes to popes. Some days they are your best friends and others days not so much.
Who is acting like a jerk? If there are any jerks around here it is those who would vilify Pope Francis for being a champion of the poor and underprivileged.
His insinuation that any leader conforms to the attitude of Hitler is reckless and dangerous.
Dangerous to whom? The potential victims of Trump's reckless demagoguery? You should be worried about the sniffling madman whose apparent senility is very evident by the manifestations of his puerile narcissistic twittering.

MY RESPONSE:

Dangerous to whom? The potential victims of Trump's reckless demagoguery? You should be worried about the sniffling madman whose apparent senility is very evident by the manifestations of his puerile narcissistic twittering.

You really can't get over the fact that he won, can you? :lol:

Forum List

Back