Debate Now The case for expanding the Supreme Court

I disagree.
While it is true we are not a democracy, a larger SCOTUS is not a direct democracy either, but would better represent the views of the nation and population.
Right now the SCOTUS represents an extreme religious minority.
for the love of god fuck off,,,,

SCOTUs is made of people and its the people that fuck it up,, putting more people on it would just make it worse not better,,

thats why only constitutional conservatives should be on it not liberals,,

That you haven't come across a dictionary before doesn't mean you get to have your own meaning for words.
Democracy is a system of government in which people choose their rulers by voting for them in elections.
[...]
Synonyms: self-government, republic, commonwealth, autonomy

A true democracy is direct voting by the people, not for who represents them, but on each and every issue itself.
When you only allow the people to vote for elected representatives who then vote on the actual issues, that is technically not a democracy but a representative republic.

A true democracy is direct voting by the people, not for who represents them, but on each and every issue itself.
When you only allow the people to vote for elected representatives who then vote on the actual issues, that is technically not a democracy but a representative republic.
close but wrong,,

CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC,,

for the love of god fuck off,,,,

SCOTUs is made of people and its the people that fuck it up,, putting more people on it would just make it worse not better,,

thats why only constitutional conservatives should be on it not liberals,,

When you have a small SCOTUS, it is much easier to pack, pay off, corrupt, extort, etc.
A larger SCOTUS has always been harder to cheat.

Historically abortion was never illegal in the US until around 1870.
The majority have never wanted abortion to be illegal.
It is an extreme position by religious groups who do not believe in self determination.
That makes some of the advocates “religiously motivated.” It doesn’t make the Bench religiously motivated.

close but wrong,,

CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC,,

The Constitution is a useful means of incorporating "blind justice", where the rule of law is determined ahead of time and is therefore more likely to be neutral.
But a constitution can be deliberately corrupt and no better than common law, depending.
And a constitution can also be ignored, like federal firearms laws, the federal war on drugs, federal health care mandates, etc.

I think, by definition, a republic is representative.

But I quite agree that we are a Constitutional republic.
the reason I express the constitution so much is the progressives in both parties are actively trying to discount or dismiss that theres a constitution that restricts their actions,,

some have even admitted they know what they do violates the constitution,,

the reason I express the constitution so much is the progressives in both parties are actively trying to discount or dismiss that theres a constitution that restricts their actions,,

some have even admitted they know what they do violates the constitution,,
I am not in disagreement with you.

This is a rare example of how, sometimes, the adjective is more important to a term than the noun is.

The Constitution is a useful means of incorporating "blind justice", where the rule of law is determined ahead of time and is therefore more likely to be neutral.
But a constitution can be deliberately corrupt and no better than common law, depending.
And a constitution can also be ignored, like federal firearms laws, the federal war on drugs, federal health care mandates, etc.
youre so fucking brain dead you dont realize you just explained why a bigger SCOTUS wont work,,,

BE GONE SATAN,,

Progressives absolutely hate everything about the US Constitution and have had an uninterrupted 100+ year Jihad against it: Federal Reserve, elections of Senators, the income tax and the MASSIVE federal bureaucracy are the worst of it. They invented and loved and adored Gerrymandering (named after a democrat) when they win and find it absolutely abhorrent when Republicans use it.

Packing the Court is just another Sore Loser Fascist Progressive move

Progressives absolutely hate everything about the US Constitution and have had an uninterrupted 100+ year Jihad against it: Federal Reserve, elections of Senators, the income tax and the MASSIVE federal bureaucracy are the worst of it. They invented and loved and adored Gerrymandering (named after a democrat) when they win and find it absolutely abhorrent when Republicans use it.

Packing the Court is just another Sore Loser Fascist Progressive move
thank you,,

Forum List

Back