‘The Big Short’ Investor Bets $1.6 Billion on Stock Market Crash

Someone always has the other side of the bet. Not much press about who took the equal long position.

Not true. The 2007 crash was a result of liquidity drying up overnight, due to collateral being marked down, and margin calls went out. There were too few players to cover it all. Thats what happens when you concentrate entire business sectors into a handful of big players.

The Feds distort the markets as a favor to Wall Street; limiting short sales protects insiders and screws the unwashed masses on the outside by keeping prices artificially high long enough for insiders to bail or adjust. It's a free running stop loss. Then if the prices fall low enough they suspend trading altogether, another free bennie. Of course the biggest welfare bennie is the limited liability scam for corporations that protects insiders' personal wealth when they bankrupt companies. Prices of stocks would a lot more stable and realistic if corporate owners were held liable for their management of companies. If shareholders want the payoffs for ownership then they can also own the debts and losses.

Not true. The 2007 crash was a result of liquidity drying up overnight, due to collateral being marked down, and margin calls went out. There were too few players to cover it all. Thats what happens when you concentrate entire business sectors into a handful of big players.

Not true.

No one is on the other side of his bet?

Not true.

No one is on the other side of his bet?

Wht isn't true? You don't really know, as usual. You want to claim financial market liquidity is always there, go ahead, we need some more laughs. You aren't even arguing on the same subject I was addressing with another poster, moron.

Wht isn't true? You don't really know, as usual. You want to claim financial market liquidity is always there, go ahead, we need some more laughs. You aren't even arguing on the same subject I was addressing with another poster, moron.

Wht isn't true?

That someone isn't always on the other side of an option trade.

You want to claim financial market liquidity is always there, go ahead,

I didn't claim anything about market liquidity.

Now tell me more about his trade that had no one on the other side. Moron.

You aren't even arguing on the same subject I was addressing with another poster,

You "addressed" it by changing the subject, idiot.

Your idiocy is pretty funny.

Wht isn't true?

That someone isn't always on the other side of an option trade.

You want to claim financial market liquidity is always there, go ahead,

I didn't claim anything about market liquidity.[/

You said 'not true', like a dumbass. You're triggered, as usual, so your head is stuck up your ass again. Who was I addressing in that post, again? lol you don't know.

quote]

Now tell me more about his trade that had no one on the other side. Moron.

You aren't even arguing on the same subject I was addressing with another poster,

You "addressed" it by changing the subject, idiot.

lol you mean I stayed on the topic being discussed in my post you quoted and didn't know what to say? lol okay.

lol you aren't smart enough to shift topics, must less fool anybody. Poor Todd, wants to be a stalker but doesn't have the attention span for it.

You said 'not true', like a dumbass. You're triggered, as usual, so your head is stuck up your ass again. Who was I addressing in that post, again? lol you don't know.

lol you mean I stayed on the topic being discussed in my post you quoted and didn't know what to say? lol okay.

lol you aren't smart enough to shift topics, must less fool anybody. Poor Todd, wants to be a stalker but doesn't have the attention span for it.

1692708921962.png

You said "not true", because you're a dumbass.
You "addressed" Percy and he didn't mention liquidity.

Tell me more about an option trade with no one on the other side. Moron.
Don't run away again, pussy.

View attachment 817907

You said "not true", because you're a dumbass.
You "addressed" Percy and he didn't mention liquidity.

Tell me more about an option trade with no one on the other side. Moron.
Don't run away again, pussy.

lol so tell us all about 'liquidity' in commodites trades when the real estate derivative trades collapsed, Todd; lol you think that wasn't a futures market? lol we'll wait the 10 years it takes for you to find somebody to tell you want to parrot, hero. Go fire up your butt plug and calm down; you tards get so wound up when you dig those holes.

lol

lol so tell us all about 'liquidity' in commodites trades when the real estate derivative trades collapsed, Todd; lol you think that wasn't a futures market? lol we'll wait the 10 years it takes for you to find somebody to tell you want to parrot, hero. Go fire up your butt plug and calm down; you tards get so wound up when you dig those holes.

lol

You think liquidity or lack of liquidity means there is no counterparty for an option trade?

That's hilarious!

Who wrote the options that Michael Burry bought?

Even if you have a rudimentary understanding of Economics this video should be understandable....

S&P downgrades five US banks following Moody’s lead

KeyCorp
Comerica Inc.
Valley National Bancorp
UMB Financial Corp.
Associated Banc-Corp

Forum List

Back