The Biden administration: Is it too late to build a fallout shelter?

If it happens I will be dead and I will not care.

Are you not a Christian? If so you should not be worried about ending your time here and going to paradise

I am a Christian. My Lord and Savior healed people to reduce suffering even though He knew this life is not eternal. Why would I, as a Christian, want mass suffering rather than peace?

We have a nuke war, I will be dead and will not really care then.

You and me both. No matter where I go, I always seem to wind up next to a place worthy of first strike designation...

California: NAS Point Mugu

New Mexico: Kirtland Air Force Base

South Carolina: Naval Weapons Station, Joint Base Charleston; 841st Transportation Battalion Charleston; Charleston Air Force Base

Well... at the very least second strike...

On the upside, I won't be wandering the wasteland in the aftermath...

Biden and the world have done the best they could have with a mostly impossible situation.

Only those who choose ideology-based doom and gloom can't see that.

He hasn't taken us to war, and the world is more united than it was two months ago. Good.
The Biden administration did not inherit this situation, they created it.

I remain amazed at the distortive powers of hardcore ideology.

Really? After eleven years? I gave up on the idea of rationality among the majority of the USMB membership after about two months. Nothing some of these hyper-partisan idiots post amazes me anymore...

Really? After eleven years? I gave up on the idea of rationality among the majority of the USMB membership after about two months. Nothing some of these hyper-partisan idiots post amazes me anymore...
It's my primary interest here, how ideology distorts perceptions, thought processes, reactions, behaviors. Are they serious? Is there any doubt when they say this stuff? Do they ever honestly challenge themselves? I'm always looking for clues.

Here's the problem: If this were confined to a small segment of our society, that would be one thing. But it only appears to be expanding, at least in my experience.

It's my primary interest here, how ideology distorts perceptions, thought processes, reactions, behaviors. Are they serious? Is there any doubt when they say this stuff? Do they ever honestly challenge themselves? I'm always looking for clues.

Here's the problem: If this were confined to a small segment of our society, that would be one thing. But it only appears to be expanding, at least in my experience.
Separate the nation. end this. A loose confederation of states. Even different views and areas withing states. Stop this suffering.

Separate the nation. end this. A loose confederation of states. Even different views and areas withing states. Stop this suffering.
The only suffering going on is the hyperbolic fantasies being planted in your mind by people you choose to trust.

You could choose to act like an adult and understand that it's okay to engage in give & take and compromise.

That belongs in the science thread. You just described the concept of dark matter or energy. It is something some cannot explain because they lack the senses to see it. This may be why you have no idea what is happening.

Last edited:
It has taken the Biden Administration just about a year to bring the world to the brink of World War Three. What are we going to do about it?

It has taken the Biden Administration just about a year to bring the world to the brink of World War Three. What are we going to do about it?

Listen, this disaster started waaaaaaay back when, although I concur with you that Biden is incompetent.

This started at the end of 1945-start of 46, when Patton suggested strongly that we roll the Russians out of Western Europe, and put them back behind their own borders. At the time, we had the "bomb," and they didn't. Trueman said "no," and since then, it has been a disaster except for the short time the Soviet Union was broken up.

What are we going to do?

As far as you and I, and everyone on this board, nothing we can do. All we are relegated to, is watch world politicians trying to stave off disaster. Yes, Biden is baaaaaaaaaad, and Cameltoe is worse, we have others in the mix in Europe who appear to have some sense. Since it is on European soil, I believe that they will have the final say on the reaction of NATO. I just hope we are not quickly back here discussing what we should do now that Pooty has invaded Poland, or one of the Baltic States.

I did not say they were.

But I am not going to live my life in fear waiting for it to happen.

We have a nuke war, I will be dead and will not really care then. Until then I am going to enjoy life and wait very impatiently for the house we just signed a contract on to be finished so we can move into it.
and you forgot to mention that there'll be no chance of more mean tweets ....

Many people now have Putin Derangement Syndrome. PDS. Putin kept his sphere of influence contained. Even if he was mischievous. i see people destroyed her in our nation and the West for flippant remarks. And you do not see anything wrong with that. It is called tyranny. It is slowly turning on you.
Why don’t you just move to Russia and see how quickly you get canceled for flippant remarks or demonstrating against your government. It is called tyranny.

Forum List

Back