The Art of Persia (BBC 2020)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

I missed this one last year and only caught it tonight by accident.

It covers a thousand years of Iranian culture and is probably the most stunning doc I have seen. Samira Ahmed has seemingly been given free rein to explore the country and explain it to us through its art and architecture. The results are spectacular and I urge you to hunt this down. It must be on the BBC over there or some PBS type channel.

She visits a perfectly preserved village that is 4000 years old and a Mosque where the alls are inlaid with turquoise.

Its a visual feast and time not wasted.

I missed this one last year and only caught it tonight by accident.

It covers a thousand years of Iranian culture and is probably the most stunning doc I have seen. Samira Ahmed has seemingly been given free rein to explore the country and explain it to us through its art and architecture. The results are spectacular and I urge you to hunt this down. It must be on the BBC over there or some PBS type channel.

She visits a perfectly preserved village that is 4000 years old and a Mosque where the alls are inlaid with turquoise.

Its a visual feast and time not wasted.

The BBC like their cousin in Canada the CBC, generally produce excellent documentaries.

Earth, for instance, was outstanding, the politics of climate brow beating aside (I think it was that series or another, I forget), the visuals and camera work were outstanding. Literally one of a kind and never before conducted in such environments.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back