The Anthropocene

My guess is that by getting the term Anthropocene codified into the scientific lexicon, since it is "anthro," my guess is that their aim is to use it to track and blame human activity as somehow working against nature, something to be charted and regulated, fined and taxed, instead of just PART of nature.

Hey, green is fine, just that to do green realistically, you don't wait until the crisis is upon you, they should have started thinking about this stuff in the 1950s then, you begin instituting corrective actions as the technology and budgets allow rather than throw the baby out with the bath water turning civilization on its head trying to go totally green in ten years.

Climate change or not, people can only change things as fast as budgets and technology allow, and the cure cannot be worse than the problem. If mankind actually succeeds in becoming nearly carbon neutral and almost fossil fuel product free over the next 100 years, the Earth will effect its natural balancing and correcting systems and return the planet to 19th century conditions or whatever accordingly.

Orwellian New Speak ...

Holocene is useful ... the retreating ice sheet left behind specific geology ... so the model is good for 50,000 to 75,000 years ... until the ice sheets return ... how biology interacts with these geological features is best modeled as a bacterial film ... doesn't change rocks per se ...

some are proposing a site to show the advances in AGW, they will seal the site and millions of years from now people will examine the site to see exactly where our science is coming from (cesspool)

1689253599558.jpeg

Figure it out yourself, just admit, you are here to contradict, no debate, no argument, crick only contradicts
So, no evidence.

Since I first joined this forum in 2014 I have consistently presented and defended the conclusions of the IPCC. If you choose to reject those conclusions, I am likely to argue with you. That is the primary purpose of this website.

So, no evidence.

Since I first joined this forum in 2014 I have consistently presented and defended the conclusions of the IPCC. If you choose to reject those conclusions, I am likely to argue with you. That is the primary purpose of this website.
The IPCC is about as corrupt as one gets.

You contradict, with a link, you do not have the education to actually discuss a topic.

The IPCC is about as corrupt as one gets.

You contradict, with a link, you do not have the education to actually discuss a topic.
You made a claim that the IPCC was corrupt and that their science came from a cesspool. It is YOU that are obligated to support what you claim to be factual statements.

Last edited:
You made a claim that the IPCC was corrupt and that their science came from a cesspool. It is YOU that is obligated to support what you claim to be factual statements.
It is not a claim, it is a fact. It has been proven in these threads over and over and over, by other users.

Further, if the IPCC is correct, then why is the solution to increase the use of fossil fuels increasing the CO2 in the atmosphere, to make a short-term solution, which are inefficient and unpredictable, wind turbines and solar panels.

It is not a claim, it is a fact. It has been proven in these threads over and over and over, by other users.
Just explain how it has been proven. No links or quotes. Just explain what you think was proven.
Further, if the IPCC is correct, then why is the solution to increase the use of fossil fuels increasing the CO2 in the atmosphere, to make a short-term solution, which are inefficient and unpredictable, wind turbines and solar panels.
Wind turbines and solar panels do not increase fossil fuel usage. That has been demonstrated to you repeatedly. So what should I call this statement of yours? I believe it would qualify as a lie.

Last edited:
Just explain how it has been proven.

Wind turbines and solar panels do not increase fossil fuel usage. That has been demonstrated to you repeatedly. So what should I call this statement of yours? I believe it would qualify as a lie.
you have not demonstrated how the manufacture of the largest structures in the world uses less material than anything else.

Building more, building endlessly, manufacturing using coal and fossil fuels, is an increase in the use of fossil fuels, by the wind turbine and solar panel heavy industry.

How many tons of natural resources have been processed and manufactured into wind and solar panels that last a short amount of time?

Billions of tons or raw material, processed by heavy industry, increased the CO2 in the atmosphere. And that manufacturing has just begun.

You have never ever proved otherwise.

you have not demonstrated how the manufacture of the largest structures in the world uses less material than anything else.

Building more, building endlessly, manufacturing using coal and fossil fuels, is an increase in the use of fossil fuels, by the wind turbine and solar panel heavy industry.

How many tons of natural resources have been processed and manufactured into wind and solar panels that last a short amount of time?

Billions of tons or raw material, processed by heavy industry, increased the CO2 in the atmosphere. And that manufacturing has just begun.

You have never ever proved otherwise.
I and other posters have posted numerous sources who have calculated the fossil fuels consumed in the production of both wind turbines and solar panels and in both cases, those amounts were made up by a matter of a few days operation of the turbines or panels. You're rambling diatribes about heavy industry are just that. You never present numbers or links to knowledgeable sources. So, get real for god's sake.

I and other posters have posted numerous sources who have calculated the fossil fuels consumed in the production of both wind turbines and solar panels and in both cases, those amounts were made up by a matter of a few days operation of the turbines or panels. You're rambling diatribes about heavy industry are just that. You never present numbers or links to knowledgeable sources. So, get real for god's sake.
obfuscation

today, and everyday forever we are building wind turbines and solar panels

no links? you are a liar, you produce some sort of study that makes a claim, while ignoring that we are not building just one, we are building billions of solar panels and wind turbines

The use of fossil fuels by solar and wind is happening 24 hours a day, forever.

That waste is never repaid.

obfuscation

today, and everyday forever we are building wind turbines and solar panels

no links? you are a liar, you produce some sort of study that makes a claim, while ignoring that we are not building just one, we are building billions of solar panels and wind turbines

The use of fossil fuels by solar and wind is happening 24 hours a day, forever.

That waste is never repaid.
Where are your sources for the actual amounts of fossil fuels used in the production of wind turbines and solar panels?

Where are your sources for the actual amounts of fossil fuels used in the production of wind turbines and solar panels?
why would I need a source?

You dont understand that the Iron used in making the hundreds of thousands of wind turbine towers requires coal?
Or that the production of millions of tons of fiberglass requires coal and petro-chemicals?

You have no idea how quartz is melted into transformed into solar grade polysilicon, using coal and fossil fuels?

You are asking for a link to simple processes that are well known.

And on top of that, I gave you dozens of links in the past, and now you ask for them again as if I have never responded?

why would I need a source?

You dont understand that the Iron used in making the hundreds of thousands of wind turbine towers requires coal?
Or that the production of millions of tons of fiberglass requires coal and petro-chemicals?

You have no idea how quartz is melted into transformed into solar grade polysilicon, using coal and fossil fuels?

You are asking for a link to simple processes that are well known.

And on top of that, I gave you dozens of links in the past, and now you ask for them again as if I have never responded?
Where are your sources?

Where is your link showing how a wind turbine or a solar panel is made

Crick contradicts, nothing more. As I stated before, all we get out of crick is a, "no it doesn't".

Forum List

Back