The American Battle rifle in war...how has it been working lately...

M-14 is the best long gun for distance shooting. M-4 with the AN/PEQ-2 optics is best for close quarters.
I think, and I could be wrong, that Springfield Armory once made the M-1A in in .243.

I think that might be one mighty fine rifle.
Ruger Mini-14 .223

Ruger Mini-14 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I thought the Mini-30 would be a great one.

Couldn't hit a plate at 100 yards, and, never could find decent mags.

Sold it, breaking even.

M-14 is the best long gun for distance shooting. M-4 with the AN/PEQ-2 optics is best for close quarters.

Depends on what you consider close quarters. If I am clearing a building, I'll take a good ole 12ga over an M-4 in most cases, especially if there are innocents in the area.

Optics are great...as long as you have an alternative you can fall back to quickly if they go south.

I think, and I could be wrong, that Springfield Armory once made the M-1A in in .243.

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.
I like the mini-14.

I would have expected by now that the regime would have issued entirely new field rifles.

Ammo to be balls of cork with elastic strings attached. Or, if not elastic strings, embedded radar/laser circuitry ($123,000 each) so that any fired cork would gently self-destruct before inflicting harm on any living target.

Good for warning shots. Even better than the empty threats that Obama has been substituting for meaningful action.

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.
I like the mini-14.
I have a SIG M-4, and a Remington 700, in .223.

I like them both, but, they are lacking in knockdown on hogs.

That said, that SIG will spit a lot of lead, and I imagine a good hit is a kill, they just run off.

I wish we could get claymores for them.

I have an M1A (civilian version of the M-14), and she is a tough gun with a hard punch and serious accuracy.

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.

I bought a Ruger Ranch Rifle for hunting coyote. It wouldn't shoot worth a damn. I finally had it in a gun vise atthe range, and couldn't get groups any smaller than 8 or 9 inches at 200 yards. I sold it.

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.

I bought a Ruger Ranch Rifle for hunting coyote. It wouldn't shoot worth a damn. I finally had it in a gun vise atthe range, and couldn't get groups any smaller than 8 or 9 inches at 200 yards. I sold it.
There is quite the aftermarket for accurizing the Rugers.

Now, in my 7X57 Model 77, several loads will group under 1".

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.

Yeah..you have to accurize em before you can hit shit with em.

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.
I like the mini-14.
I have a SIG M-4, and a Remington 700, in .223.

I like them both, but, they are lacking in knockdown on hogs.

That said, that SIG will spit a lot of lead, and I imagine a good hit is a kill, they just run off.

I wish we could get claymores for them.

And here you go.....

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.

I just went to the M-1A, synthetic stock.

My son bought it for me, and the Wyndham AR in .308 for himself.

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.

I just went to the M-1A, synthetic stock.

My son bought it for me, and the Wyndham AR in .308 for himself.

Full float I assume?

Ruger Mini-14 .223

Sold it, breaking even.

There is quite the aftermarket for accurizing the Rugers.

Now, in my 7X57 Model 77, several loads will group under 1".

That ranch rifle was the only Ruger I have ever had any accuracy problems with. My Ruger No. 1 is picky about which ammo you use, but it is a tackdriver with the right stuff. All of my other Rugers have been great. And I have owned or own a 10/22, Single Six, Super Blackhawk, Security Six, Mk II, and 2 M77s.

If I am going to use aftermarket items to enhance the accuracy, I want the gun accurate to start with and then tune it to better. I was not impressed by the ranch rifle. I understand that the newer ones are much better.

Forum List

Back