The ACA is the 3rd. rail for the GOP

Whatever party successfully passes universal healthcare by deriving funds from taxing tobacco,sugar products and booze will be the party that dominates American politics. It will save our country from going bankrupt with the dozen or so hodgepodge systems currently in place or proposed; all of which are tailored to benefit BigPharma & BigHealth Insurance at the expense of the US Treasury (you know, We the Taxpayers who are dying as a result of this pandering)..

We already have universal healthcare, its the get a job and pay for your own damn health insurance act.
I HAVE a job which doesn't offer health insurance. If it weren't for subsidies, I don't know anyone who could pay for their own.
This is going to piss a lot of people off next year when ACA completely crashes, and they will know who to blame

Where’s Trumps better/cheaper plan that doesn’t have a mandate yet covers pre conditions? Oh and unicorns will shoot rainbows out their buts .

Trump's "fantastic" HC plan is being audited.......just like his tax returns......LOL

What people don't realize...is that the ACA has not only made it possible for 20 million people to get healthcare that wouldn't...it also affects ALL healthcare insurance.

Alll insurance...to qualify has to offer a whole lot of stuff that weren't previously covered. If ACA gets trashed...all insurance is going to change...and not for the better

I undertboth of those things very well.

1. Those 20 million people don’t deserve healthcare if they can’t acquire it themselves (personally or through an employer).

2. All that extra stuff ended up increasing my premium by nearly 50%; and it’s all shit I don’t use.

What happens when they get sick? They should die in the street?

You listed millions to distract from the fact that YOU want free lunch.

Nope. No free lunch. He is paying for that healthcare monthly...and with his back problems would either be denied or priced out.

There are millions like me and him (parents and young adults)

And I'd feel the same way about this regardless.

There are millions of people who are born preexisting conditions.

Millions born with either heart problems, problems with other organs, born with spina biffitca or Down syndrome or autism or one of a very, very long list of conditions babies are born with.

None of them will ever be able to get insurance. They are all preexisting from birth.
Means testing could cover those. Concentrating capital on those issues should result in a better understanding and better solutions.

For the rest, unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed could better ensures capital circulates in our market based economy.

I don't live on unemployment. Or any type of government assistance.

I don't qualify for any type of government assistance. I had to give up my career because I'm disabled but don't qualify for disability.

I was married for 30 years and it wasn't an issue. I had private employer provided insurance through my ex husband. I'm divorced now. I am able to stay on that insurance through COBRA for 3 years after divorce. That coverage runs out on December 31st 2019. On January 1, 2020, I will have no insurance. If the conservatives get their way, I will never be able to buy insurance again in my life. Which will guarantee that I die an unnecessary early death. I will suffer during that time because I won't be able to get the proper medications, physical therapy or see my doctors for a spine injury and nerve damage that has made me disabled. Nerve damage that's not the kind that causes no feeling and use. The kind that causes horrible agony. My hands and arms are literally being burned from the inside out. Imagine the feel of burning red hot fire knives slicing through your hands and arms with no way to make it stop. That's what I will face without insurance. And that's just in my arms. I have the same type of nerve damage in my spine. From my skull all the way down to the bottom of my spine. With one small area that's not damaged.

I have the money to buy insurance. I pay $8800.00 dollars a year in premiums alone right now. Add in the deductible, residuals, medication costs and I pay at least 15 thousand dollars a year in health care right now. I expected it to at least double when I lose that insurance I've had since 1988. Now I expect it to skyrocket to the point I can't afford it, That is IF I can find a company to sell me a policy.

As with most people, it's not a matter that I don't want to buy insurance. I want to. It's a matter that no one will sell me a policy or if they do, it's so expensive I can't afford it.

You're over reacting here. The ACA may evolve but it won't go away. As for pricing with all due respect the ACA plans are extremely pricey.

As for disability if a Dr. has rated you at 100% disabled after 24 months you qualify for Medicare.
If you make at least 12500 per year and file taxes you would qualify for Gov help. Both subsidy and cost sharing, the tough thing is that you cannot walk away from Cobra and qualify for that Gov help. The prequisite is that you cannot have voluntarily have lost your coverage. Once you accept Cobra you're kinda screwed by the ACA rules.

What people don't realize...is that the ACA has not only made it possible for 20 million people to get healthcare that wouldn't...it also affects ALL healthcare insurance.

Alll insurance...to qualify has to offer a whole lot of stuff that weren't previously covered. If ACA gets trashed...all insurance is going to change...and not for the better

Which is why the Premiums rocketed up. You can't mandate all that stuff and NOT pay through the nose.

Which is why the Premiums rocketed up. You can't mandate all that stuff and NOT pay through the nose.
They didn't. Stop lying

Whatever party successfully passes universal healthcare by deriving funds from taxing tobacco,sugar products and booze will be the party that dominates American politics. It will save our country from going bankrupt with the dozen or so hodgepodge systems currently in place or proposed; all of which are tailored to benefit BigPharma & BigHealth Insurance at the expense of the US Treasury (you know, We the Taxpayers who are dying as a result of this pandering)..

We already have universal healthcare, its the get a job and pay for your own damn health insurance act.
I HAVE a job which doesn't offer health insurance. If it weren't for subsidies, I don't know anyone who could pay for their own.
This is going to piss a lot of people off next year when ACA completely crashes, and they will know who to blame
you do know subsidies help drive prices up....

They didn't. Stop lying

Don't even try kid, it's what I do. I was an Agent for 15 years and now I Consult with Agents. I'll bury you.

High risk pool, just like high risk drivers.

No free lunch, comrade.

That was in response to the loss of the pre-existing condition mandate

Follow along kiddies.

The GOP Congress stripped the individual mandate out of Obamacare...and now a law suit is being pushed claiming that without the individual mandate that Obamacare is now unconstitutional.

The Trump Admin has said they will refuse to defend against this lawsuit.

If these sleezeballs win this lawsuit the ACA goes away...along with the the pre-existing conditions mandate they "swore" to protect.

Wonderful folks Republicans huh?

Life's tough.
Shit happens.
Wear a fucking helmet.

These Republicans are great huh?

Yea sign ME up....Christ...why does anyone vote Republican...

High risk pool, just like high risk drivers.

No free lunch, comrade.

That was in response to the loss of the pre-existing condition mandate

Follow along kiddies.

The GOP Congress stripped the individual mandate out of Obamacare...and now a law suit is being pushed claiming that without the individual mandate that Obamacare is now unconstitutional.

The Trump Admin has said they will refuse to defend against this lawsuit.

If these sleezeballs win this lawsuit the ACA goes away...along with the the pre-existing conditions mandate they "swore" to protect.

Wonderful folks Republicans huh?

Life's tough.
Shit happens.
Wear a fucking helmet.

These Republicans are great huh?

Yea sign ME up....Christ...why does anyone vote Republican...

I don't, but I'm also not stupid enough to vote Dem.

In the same way that conservatives have mocked democrats over the possibility that taxes would have to be raised on this country's ultra-rich as "political suicide," the eradication of the ACA is the beginning of a death knell for every republican who would vote to declare this law as null and void.

Sure, it is "good" rhetoric to run a conservative campaign on repealing the ACA but the reality of ACTUALLY tearing it down should scare the crap out of these hypocritical demagogues.

Repealing the law may evoke the cheers of ignorant and poorly educated voters, but the REPLACEMENT of this life-saving law has these conservative politicians fearing for their miserable political existence.

I am actually "glad" that a conservative district judge has ruled the ACA "unconstitutional" because such a ruling is taking the argument from just moronic rhetoric .....to the reality of having to stake one's sorry ass on the line as these same moronic voters FINALLY realize that their health care insurance will either be revoked, or their premiums will be raised high enough to cause a stroke.....

That one judge took insurance from over 20 million Americans with that ruling.

I will be one of them as of January 1 2020.

The employer provided insurance I've had since 1988, will end on that day. I got divorced. I am able to stay on that insurance for 3 years. It runs out that day.

I've paid into that private employer provided insurance since 1988. Literally tens of thousands of dollars over all those decades.

I didn't do anything but get divorced. That's all. But because of that I will lose the insurance I've had since 1988.

Because I had the audacity to fight for my life with everything I had and beat breast cancer I'm now preexisting condition.

With a swipe of a pen that judge made it illegal to have preexisting conditions clauses protections by federal and state level. So if any state writes any law to protect those with preexisting conditions, it will be struck down by the courts so no one can ever have protections for preexisting conditions again.

I will never be able to buy insurance again in my life. Not at any price because I had the audacity to fight and beat breast cancer. No insurance company will sell it to me. If something isn't done to provide insurance to people like me, I will never even be able to get a mammogram to find out if that cancer has returned to kill me. As it did to 4 of my relatives in the past. Even though they had full mastectomies, the cancer returned and killed them. That judge just sentenced me to an unnecessary early death.

Everyone will be preexisting condition at some point in their life. It won't be their own fault. They just got sick. Or they were like me just standing on the shoreline at the beach when monster 15 ft waves fell on me nearly killing me, putting me in a coma the doctors didn't think I would wake from. I did wake from it but was left with stenosis, sclerosis, degenerative disk disease in my spine with nerve damage in my hands and arms. I've been declared legally disabled by 2 judges and social security. I don't qualify for any disability support. I qualify medically but not financially. A person can't have more than 2 thousand dollars in money and assets to qualify for disability. I also don't qualify financially for medicaid. The same type financial qualifications apply and they go back 5 years so if you've had any assets above the cap in the last 5 years you can't get medicaid. No one knows when they're going to be in an accident that will make them disabled. They can be like me and a perfectly health 40 something year old and in the blink of an eye, I became disabled and preexisting condition. A car accident can make you preexisting condition. I had 3 surgeries because of that accident. One of those surgeries found the cancer. Imagine you're in a surgeon's office for a follow up to your surgery when he looks you in the eye and tells you that a very deadly form of cancer was found during that surgery. That happened to me. It can happen to anyone. Even one of you conservatives.

You conservatives need to seriously think about reality.

That judge also made it illegal to have capitalism private insurance coverage regulations. That judge basically outlawed any government regulated private insurance so now the insurance companies set the rules and we all know what that will do. Watch your premiums skyrocket for any reason the insurance company wants. Watch your coverage be cut at the same time.

That judge just made single payer the only option left for health care reform.

So all the people who are cheering this are going to be facing single payer health care reform soon since conservatives took a capitalism private insurance based health care out of most people's hands. When that happens employers will switch their employees over to that single payer plan because it will be cheaper.

Conservatives shouldn't be cheering this. It's going to cause millions of Americans to die needless early deaths but I know that doesn't bother conservatives. This will, now you're going to get single payer with your tax dollars paying for it.

You conservatives only have yourselves to blame.

Truly sorry to hear of your plight........My guess, however, is that with Trump's demise, so will these assaults on the ACA........For some strange reason, I believe that Chief Justice Roberts may turn out to be a hero in rebuking this errant district judge's political decision.

The reason Roberts gave for ruling it constitutional was the mandate in the law.

The republicans removed that mandate. In fact they used the fact that the mandate was removed to argue that the whole law is unconstitutional and the conservative judge in Texas agreed with them. Ruling the whole law is unconstitutional because the mandate is gone.

How is Roberts going to rule that it's constitutional without the mandate?

I know that it's very constitutional to regulate business because of the commerce clause but the constitutional ruling wasn't based on the commerce clause. So I have very little hope that any one of the conservative judges on that court will reverse that ruling from that one judge in Texas.

I'm not the only person like this. One of my best friends lost the insurance she had all of her adult life because of divorce. She had a non cancerous cyst removed from one of her breast in the 80s so when she lost her insurance because of divorce, no one would cover her.

Like me even her employer denied her. When I was working in the accounting field I had to fill out a form for insurance through my employer. I had endometriosis. So my employer provided insurance denied me. At the time it was not a problem. I went on my husband's insurance. I have been on it since 1988. A person shouldn't lose their insurance they've literally had and paid tens of thousands into for several decades just because they got divorced. There should be some way to cover people like me and my friend.

My friend ended up nearly dying of diverticulitis in 2010. I got her to the hospital in time. Barely. She ended up being in the hospital for nearly a month. They didn't have to fix her problem because she didn't have insurance because no company would sell her a policy and her employer's insurance denied her because of preexisting condition. So all they had to do was stabilize her and refer her to a doctor. It took a few surgeries and nearly a month in the hospital to stabilize her. She was that sick and near death. Only because insurance companies were able to deny her a policy. When the ACA became available she quickly signed up and paid for insurance.

What conservatives lie about is, the ACA isn't free for all on it. It's reduced for some people and some people qualify for medicaid. Most people pay for their insurance through the ACA exchanges.

My friend was finally able to buy insurance and get care for her condition. Now, she will lose her coverage and will end up dying an unnecessary early death because of it.

Just like me.

you do know subsidies help drive prices up....

No..I don't know that.

I do know that taking out the individual mandate increased premiums

And now the GOP wants to use the fact that they did that to kill the whole thing

“If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”

I did like my doctors.

I did keep my doctors.

Obamacare didn't take my doctors from me. It didn't do anything but make my existing employer provided insurance much better.

Now, conservatives are not only taking my doctors from me, you're taking my insurance and access to health care from me.

Thus causing me to die an unnecessary early death.

Aren't you proud of yourselves?

In the same way that conservatives have mocked democrats over the possibility that taxes would have to be raised on this country's ultra-rich as "political suicide," the eradication of the ACA is the beginning of a death knell for every republican who would vote to declare this law as null and void.

Sure, it is "good" rhetoric to run a conservative campaign on repealing the ACA but the reality of ACTUALLY tearing it down should scare the crap out of these hypocritical demagogues.

Repealing the law may evoke the cheers of ignorant and poorly educated voters, but the REPLACEMENT of this life-saving law has these conservative politicians fearing for their miserable political existence.

I am actually "glad" that a conservative district judge has ruled the ACA "unconstitutional" because such a ruling is taking the argument from just moronic rhetoric .....to the reality of having to stake one's sorry ass on the line as these same moronic voters FINALLY realize that their health care insurance will either be revoked, or their premiums will be raised high enough to cause a stroke.....

It seams to be ok with y’all liberals for politicians to say one thing during your campaign, but you never expect to actually doing it.
But Trump is doing all of his political campaign promises, that is something liberals don’t understand I see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back