Thanks Trump!

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
I just heard that Bill Ford called President-elect Trump to inform him that the Ford Motor Company is not going to move a Lincoln manufacturing plant from Kentucky to Mexico. Thanks to all of the hard work that President-elect Trump has done with Ford, many jobs will be saved.

image.png

If this is true, and I'm not sure it is but I'm just starting a thread on it just in case, it serves as proof that our incoming president can bring the jobs back. Way to go, Mr. Trump!

Trump starting his Presidential Elect period with a whopper of a lie. No one is going to trust this liar, Trump, to be honest, and trustworthy.

Didn't Ford Motor Company sell of its Lincoln division years ago?

What are you, some kind of libtard? President-elect Trump says he got Ford to keep the plant in Kentucky as a way to repay Kentucky for showing confidence in him. You have a problem with facts?

In April 2015, Ford said it planned to invest $2.5 billion to build two new plants in Mexico, adding 3,800 jobs in all. Earlier this year, Ford said it will invest a further $1.6 billion in Mexico for small-car production to start in 2018.

In September, Ford confirmed that all of the company's small-car production will leave U.S. plants and head to lower-cost Mexico by 2019, but no plants would be closed as a result.

Ford has repeatedly said no U.S. jobs will be lost because of the move - and it will produce two new vehicles at a Detroit area plant that built the small cars.

In October, Bill Ford said he had met with Trump to talk about his extensive attacks on Ford's investments in Mexico.

Ford said Trump's criticism was "infuriating" and "frustrating" because of the company's extensive investments and employment in the United States.

Ford tells Trump no Lincoln SUV production going to Mexico

Trump starting his Presidential Elect period with a whopper of a lie. No one is going to trust this liar, Trump, to be honest, and trustworthy.

Lie? What lie?
Trump is claiming to have played a role in preventing Ford from closing a factory in Kentucky. That is a lie.
His claim is being touted as a lie in major news media, including this one this morning:
huffingtonpost.com and this one cnn.com

Lie? What lie?
Trump is claiming to have played a role in preventing Ford from closing a factory in Kentucky. That is a lie.
His claim is being touted as a lie in major news media, including this one this morning:

How dare you insult our President-elect in this manner! You are just jealous that Obama couldn't do anything for the US auto industry while Trump has saved it before even taking office.

No one?
Well, some of the fools who voted for him or support him will refuse to admit what fools they are, but no one of importance will believe him. He just lied about a foreign affairs subject. No one with any sense would believe him at his word. He is not trustworthy.

No one?
Well, some of the fools who voted for him or support him will refuse to admit what fools they are, but no one of importance will believe him. He just lied about a foreign affairs subject. No one with any sense would believe him at his word. He is not trustworthy.
You are one those you still did not wake up after the election and like to believe about Trump !

262246ldNm6.gif

Last edited:
No one?
You are one those you still did not wake up after the election and like to believe about Trump !

View attachment 98986
I did not fall asleep or escape reality to start with. When a person is caught telling repeated lies they can not be trusted. Trump has been exposed as a liar repeatedly. He is a prolific and serial liar. Why would anyone with any brains trust him? Not only is he a liar, he is terribly misinformed and stupid when it comes to world events and history. World leaders are busy preparing to hold discussions with a dim wit.

no one that voted for him cares that lies constantly....they wanted change

No one?
Over 60 million unimportant people I would guess. They eat the bullshit like candy.

No one?
Over 60 million unimportant people I would guess. They eat the bullshit like candy.
Why do you call them unimportant?

No one?
Why do you call them unimportant?
I don't know why you called them unimportant. You probably think they are deplorable also.

Lie? What lie?
why do you post links from huffington post as if they are in anyway valid or true?
it would be like me posting a link from Rush Limpburger to prove what I say is true.
Would you believe a Rush link? (hint, you are a damn fool if you do) and as far as the Clintion News Network? pretty much the same thing, although certainly more reliable than Huffington.

You got suckered also?

What do you mean?
Lone, this has already been debunked. As near as I recall, the CEO of Ford DID call Trump, and maybe they even discussed the Lincoln plant in KY. But Ford says they NEVER planned to move Lincoln production out of KY, and never said so. He also said that the small car production (2 models, I think) moved to Mexico did NOT cost any American jobs because they are turning the vacated factory in Detroit into a production line of SUVs and no, not one, jobs were lost by the move. Further, that the Mexican models will use over 40% American parts. I'm sure this info is readily available. I hope you will find it for yourself from a source you trust.

Trump taking credit for saving America from a disaster that wasn't going to happen is impressive showmanship, but it is time to get real. I don't care if he struts like a peacock if his policies work for the country. But if he has to make things up to look good, lets be aware of that too.

Forum List

Back