Thanks to Obama MY PAYCHECK IS LESS!!!

The gains aren't 33% lower you mathematical midget. The top rate increased from 15% to 23.8% - that's an 8.8% reduction in after tax gains, not 33%. My lord fuck you are stupid. I sure as hell hope you are joking about doing your own investing.

Under your theory it would be almost a 40% increase in taxes on gains!
No, dumb ass, the rate went from 15-20%.
5% is 33% of 15% you moron. 5 is 1/3 of 15 you fool.
It went up 5% from 15% to 20%. That 5% increase represents 33% of the 15% it was before the increase.
It went up 33%.
You are dumb as a box of rocks. Keep the "do you want fries with that" job.
It fits you.

The tax rate went up 33% but your after tax gains do not go DOWN 33% as a result, as you have claimed. After tax gains only decreases by 5.8%. See above post http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...obama-my-paycheck-is-less-14.html#post6600813 and do yourself a favor and refrain from doing your own investing.

"INCREASE ON TAXES"
is what I clearly stated.
You have your Obama talking points down very well though.

Under your theory it would be almost a 40% increase in taxes on gains!
No, dumb ass, the rate went from 15-20%.
5% is 33% of 15% you moron. 5 is 1/3 of 15 you fool.
It went up 5% from 15% to 20%. That 5% increase represents 33% of the 15% it was before the increase.
It went up 33%.
You are dumb as a box of rocks. Keep the "do you want fries with that" job.
It fits you.

The tax rate went up 33% but your after tax gains do not go DOWN 33% as a result, as you have claimed. After tax gains only decreases by 5.8%. See above post http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...obama-my-paycheck-is-less-14.html#post6600813 and do yourself a favor and refrain from doing your own investing.

"INCREASE ON TAXES"
is what I clearly stated.
You have your Obama talking points down very well though.

You also said:
the gains are 33% LOWER...
THEY AREN'T.

WE HOLD LONG, do no more investing there as the gains are 33% LOWER so why invest in the economy here in America with high taxes?
Dumb asses. Going short in Brazil and Chile with retail and farming with 100% of my investment dollars this year.

You're an idiot. Profits from short positions are subject to the ordinary income tax rate, whether they are in the U.S., Brazil, or Alpha Centari. You'll be paying a higher tax rate on those transactions than your would pay on positions subject to the long term rates.

WE HOLD LONG, do no more investing there as the gains are 33% LOWER so why invest in the economy here in America with high taxes?
Dumb asses. Going short in Brazil and Chile with retail and farming with 100% of my investment dollars this year.

You're an idiot. Profits from short positions are subject to the ordinary income tax rate, whether they are in the U.S., Brazil, or Alpha Centari. You'll be paying a higher tax rate on those transactions than your would pay on positions subject to the long term rates.

NO they are not. In my IRA fool.

LOL! So the increase in the long term capital gains rate is motivating you to choose one tax free transaction over another tax-free transaction - that makes a lot of sense.

LOL! So the increase in the long term capital gains rate is motivating you to choose one tax free transaction over another tax-free transaction - that makes a lot of sense.

Can not carry speculative real estate land in my IRA pooh pooh.
Try again.

Try again.

Try making a point. Nothing of what you've said makes any sense so far, and you even deny saying things that you've said.

Try again.

Try making a point. Nothing of what you've said makes any sense so far, and you even deny saying things that you've said.

BTW, http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal...-to-use-self-directed-ira-to-buy-real-estate/

The gains aren't 33% lower you mathematical midget. The top rate increased from 15% to 23.8% - that's an 8.8% reduction in after tax gains, not 33%. My lord fuck you are stupid. I sure as hell hope you are joking about doing your own investing.

Capital gains went from 15% to 20%, that's a 33% increase.

That's not the same as saying there is a 33% reduction in gains.

Are you people really this stupid? Do I have to do the math for you?

Asset A bought for $1000 and sold at $2000

BEFORE the tax hike
after tax gains = $2000 - $1000 - $1000 x 0.15 = $850

AFTER the tax hike
after tax gains = $2000 - $1000 - $1000 x 0.20 = $800

Difference in gains = $850 - $800 = $50

$50 is 5.8% of $850 - NOT 33%.

No, you dont have to do the math for me, I'm aware they are two different equations measuring two different things. This shit is my bread and butter.

Dumb ass, there is no guarantee of a gain or reduction in a capital gain.
Do you even know what capital gains come from?

We are talking TAX INCREASES.
The tax increase is 33% on the gain.

NOT the gain you fool, THE TAX INCREASE.
And we are limited now to a whopping 3K a year in carryover losses individually.
You DO KNOW that many capital investments LOSE MONEY!

I believe that's what he was pointing out. You are essentially agreeing with him.

And, as to your last question, a capital investment loss is a tax write-off. A write off which, mind you, you can carry over into years where you see a gain.

Capital gains went from 15% to 20%, that's a 33% increase.

That's not the same as saying there is a 33% reduction in gains.

Are you people really this stupid? Do I have to do the math for you?

Asset A bought for $1000 and sold at $2000

BEFORE the tax hike
after tax gains = $2000 - $1000 - $1000 x 0.15 = $850

AFTER the tax hike
after tax gains = $2000 - $1000 - $1000 x 0.20 = $800

Difference in gains = $850 - $800 = $50

$50 is 5.8% of $850 - NOT 33%.
Any tax hike at all was to much for me, as I am already paying way to much as it is, and therefore not bringing no where near enough home of my earnings as it is.

Just think of it as your having to start making payments on those 2 wars you bought on credit while Bush was president.
And maybe you could explain to all of us how wars are paid for ? This ought to be good...Oh and lets see now, it's 2013 and still blaming Bush eh ?

Wars are generally paid for with a tax increase designed to pay for the war.

When Obama took office we were engaged in two wars, Iraq and Afghanistan. Democrats had control of Congress. Why was there not a tax increase to pay for the two wars?

And maybe you could explain to all of us how wars are paid for ? This ought to be good...Oh and lets see now, it's 2013 and still blaming Bush eh ?

Wars are generally paid for with a tax increase designed to pay for the war.

When Obama took office we were engaged in two wars, Iraq and Afghanistan. Democrats had control of Congress. Why was there not a tax increase to pay for the two wars?

Because Obama and the Democrats in Congress were weak sucks, and more worried about reelection than the problems facing the country.

Should be obvious, to left and right, alike.

Forum List

Back