Thank you Veterans.

To those who have served honorably I thank you for your service.

no matter what side of the aisle you stand on.

Your service preserved this country.

Veterans-Day-2009.jpg

Ok Veterans, I am going to be off tomorrow for Veterans day so I wanted to wish all of you and your families a Happy Veterans Day in advance, I am not sure what I am going to do yet for tomorrow I will probably go out to lunch somewhere and call up a few friends still in the service to see how they are doing. Take care all.:salute:

Great pic. Happy Veterans Day. :salute:

On this Vets Day like I'd like to take a moment to thank each and every member past and present of this nations Military, I'd also like to say a big thank you to all those men and women who never got to see home but left their all on battlefields across the world. We owe each of you a debt that cannot be repaid and on this day if just for a day, it is my hope that everyone takes pasuse to remember each of you and the great price you paid for our freedom. Lately to the familes , and friends of all those who serve, your love and caring for your sailors, soldiers, airmen and marines carries each of of us there and back again.

:salute:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxsgl93gso4]A Tribute to U.S. Veterans - YouTube[/ame]

Dang. Got something in my eye.

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters, many of whom bore a far greater burden and paid a steeper price than I did. I am proud to be in your company.

Semper Fidelis!
This We'll Defend!
Honor, Courage, Commitment!
Semper Paratus!
Aim High -- Fly, Fight, Win!

“Poor is the Nation that has no Heroes, but beggared is the Nation that has, and forgets them.”

Commander Theodore G. "SPUDS" Ellyson

1885 - 1928

First United States Naval Aviator, 1911

Inducted in 1984

Theodore "Spuds" Ellyson began training in 1910 at the Glen Curtiss flight training school in San Diego and was Curtiss' first seaplane pupil. As the United States Navy's first pilot, Lieutenant Ellyson accompanied Curtiss on test flights of the first practical seaplane on January 26, 1911.
First Flight Shrine: Commander Theodore G. Ellyson - The First Flight Society

Many people do not understand the Military Holidays. As I call them.

Memorial Day is a day of remembering those who served and have left this life behind.

Armed forced Day is a Day to thank those who are presently serving in uniform.

Veterans Day is the day we thank those who have worn the uniform in the past and are not ready for Memorial day yet.

And yes, my flag flys 24/7 And I change out the lower two flags every couple of weeks or so to keep it fresh..................
I fly two American flags 24/7...and display two more inside the home 24/7.

God bless every veteran there is for helping maintain my right to do so.

Thank you! Thank you ALL! No matter what your duty entailed in the armed forces, it contributed to the success of this free nation.

At the 11th hour, on the 11th day, of the 11th month of 2011, we will pause to honor America’s Veterans and celebrate their contributions to our way of life.

No, that was Armistice day --the day to remember the fallen of WWI.

It morphed into Veterans Day, a day to celebrate the service of ALL veterans of all wars.

...the 83rd Congress, at the urging of the veterans service organizations, amended the Act of 1938 by striking out the word "Armistice" and inserting in its place the word "Veterans." With the approval of this legislation (Public Law 380) on June 1, 1954, November 11th became a day to honor American veterans of all wars.

And Most Veterans Day Ceremonies still begin at 11 AM......

Forum List

Back