Starbucks decides Guns and Caffeine...not a good mix

This is exactly what I would expect.

The only way to keep the nutters honest is to put a metal detector at every doorway of every business and home on the planet.

Otherwise, they'll just lie.

I have only gone into a Starbucks once in my life... I got coffee, but I didn't pay for it.

We have a Starbucks around the corner from my house, I may make it a point to go in once a week, with my weapon, and post about it just to piss you off Luddly.

And that's how you get free coffee?

Hmmm. It's worth a shot. Pun intended (both of them-- make it a double).

:coffee:

Actually the Hotel's F&D director paid for it. We had an early morning business meeting.

whoopee, their coffee prices they rape people for don't mix for a lot of people in this country...so they CAN keep their high mighty advice, NO ONE CARES...

Last edited:
well, I'm certainly not going into a starbucks now. They pretty much hung up a sign "Please armed criminals, come in and rob us and out customers at gunpoint, cause we cain't fight back."

I won't go into a Starbucks because their coffee is, in addition to being incredibly overpriced, absolutely revolting!

The kids who work there don't give a shit. But $6 for a coffee is kinda a waste of money so generally it is not a place to even get a caffeine buzz.

whoopee, their coffee prices they rape people for don't mix for a lot of people in this country...so they CAN keep their high mighty advice, NO ONE CARES...

Pro-gun activists have used our stores as a political stage for media events misleadingly called “Starbucks Appreciation Days” that disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of “open carry.” To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores. Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners.

They show no one cares by creating a "starbucks appreciation day"

well, I'm certainly not going into a starbucks now. They pretty much hung up a sign "Please armed criminals, come in and rob us and out customers at gunpoint, cause we cain't fight back."

That's why it's a request and not a company policy. The last thing Starbucks wants is to be a gun free zone.

Ah yes, an open carry policy everywhere. And the crazies can openly carry their assault weapons into crowds kill by the dozens. America already has by far the highest death toll from guns of any first world nation. A toll that will soon surpass auto deaths in this nation.

For every person killed in the US by a gun (including criminals killing other criminals and suicides) three die from medical malpractice. For every child killed by gunfire (defined as <20 years old) two children drown in swimming pools.

we should outlaw doctors and swimming pools.

That's why it's a request and not a company policy. The last thing Starbucks wants is to be a gun free zone.

They want it both ways. They want to be seen as not pandering to one side or the other while pandering to both sides.

I respect that Starbucks didn't want to get caught up in the middle of this whole thing, but I would respect them more if they picked a position and stuck with it. Either Starbucks in gun free, period, or the Brady Bunch and their ilk can go die in a housefire, period.

Ah yes, an open carry policy everywhere. And the crazies can openly carry their assault weapons into crowds kill by the dozens. America already has by far the highest death toll from guns of any first world nation. A toll that will soon surpass auto deaths in this nation.

For every person killed in the US by a gun (including criminals killing other criminals and suicides) three die from medical malpractice. For every child killed by gunfire (defined as <20 years old) two children drown in swimming pools.

The fallacy that just won't die We just did this with car accidents, which are called accidents for a reason.

So once again, Einstein, doctors are not designed as instruments of murder. Neither are swimming pools. Neither are cars or planes, and let's throw in amusement park rides, avalanches, meteors or freaking grand pianos falling out of a window on the 48th floor.

There is no Logic-Free Zone.

Maybe some enterprising gun nutter should open a chain of gun friendly coffee shops. They could sell militia mochas, shotgun smoothies, bazooka blend, full-auto frappes, browning brownies, colt caffe, remington roast, and mauser macchiato. Available in single shot, double barrel, or high cap magazine.

Then the rest of us can go to Starbucks without worrying whether or not some trigger happy wacko decides you're looking at him the wrong way.

Maybe some enterprising gun nutter should open a chain of gun friendly coffee shops. They could sell militia mochas, shotgun smoothies, bazooka blend, full-auto frappes, browning brownies, colt caffe, remington roast, and mauser macchiato. Available in single shot, double barrel, or high cap magazine.

Then the rest of us can go to Starbucks without worrying whether or not some trigger happy wacko decides you're looking at him the wrong way.

When exactly was the last time this happened in a Starbucks?

there is a cdc.gov site which has all one needs to learn about the morbidity and mortality statistics in the US.

so all the convulsing over the 32K "gun-related" deaths in the US ( 19K of which are SUICIDES, not homicides) there is a VERY interesting figure of yearly mortality of 28K form FALLING.

Now, I am much more interested in this statistical enigma, than ANY "gun violence".
( except I would also like to know why there should be 220 deaths because of "legal intervention" - it is 5 times more than deaths from mass shootings, but nobody cares)

Any of the leftards with a gun derangement syndrome has any ideas what are we going to do with THIS tragic figure - 28 thousand people dying from falls every year.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_04.pdf

When exactly was the last time this happened in a Starbucks?

Doesn't matter if it happened or not. Guns make people nervous. I read we have had 250 mass shootings in America this year. Folks don't want to go to the mall, movie theater, supermarket, or coffee shop and see people walking about with open carry AR-15 rifles and other exotic instruments of death. CCW people I have no problem with, as they have been vetted. But anyone can open carry. Who's to say that the guy in Starbucks sporting a AR-15 or pistol isn't the next Aaron Alexis about to take out his frustrations on the patrons? Maybe there is a need for gun friendly businesses where folks that feel the need to pack heat can go and frequent. I know if I went to Starbucks and saw some open carry person playing cowboy, I'd turn right around and GTFO. I don't want myself or my family shot at by some fool unconcerned with other peoples lives or safety.

The fallacy that just won't die We just did this with car accidents, which are called accidents for a reason.

So once again, Einstein, doctors are not designed as instruments of murder. Neither are swimming pools. Neither are cars or planes, and let's throw in amusement park rides, avalanches, meteors or freaking grand pianos falling out of a window on the 48th floor.

There is no Logic-Free Zone.

The tools designed to kill are less lethal than physicians and swimming pools. Why haven't we banned doctors and concrete ponds...you know, for the children? Wouldn't it be worth it if it saves just one life?

An Open Letter from Howard Schultz, ceo of Starbucks Coffee Company | Starbucks Coffee Company

Dear Fellow Americans,

Few topics in America generate a more polarized and emotional debate than guns. In recent months, Starbucks stores and our partners (employees) who work in our stores have been thrust unwillingly into the middle of this debate. That’s why I am writing today with a respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas.

From the beginning, our vision at Starbucks has been to create a “third place” between home and work where people can come together to enjoy the peace and pleasure of coffee and community. Our values have always centered on building community rather than dividing people, and our stores exist to give every customer a safe and comfortable respite from the concerns of daily life.

We appreciate that there is a highly sensitive balance of rights and responsibilities surrounding America’s gun laws, and we recognize the deep passion for and against the “open carry” laws adopted by many states. (In the United States, “open carry” is the term used for openly carrying a firearm in public.) For years we have listened carefully to input from our customers, partners, community leaders and voices on both sides of this complicated, highly charged issue.

Our company’s longstanding approach to “open carry” has been to follow local laws: we permit it in states where allowed and we prohibit it in states where these laws don’t exist. We have chosen this approach because we believe our store partners should not be put in the uncomfortable position of requiring customers to disarm or leave our stores. We believe that gun policy should be addressed by government and law enforcement—not by Starbucks and our store partners.

Recently, however, we’ve seen the “open carry” debate become increasingly uncivil and, in some cases, even threatening. Pro-gun activists have used our stores as a political stage for media events misleadingly called “Starbucks Appreciation Days” that disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of “open carry.” To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores. Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners.

For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

I would like to clarify two points. First, this is a request and not an outright ban. Why? Because we want to give responsible gun owners the chance to respect our request—and also because enforcing a ban would potentially require our partners to confront armed customers, and that is not a role I am comfortable asking Starbucks partners to take on. Second, we know we cannot satisfy everyone. For those who oppose “open carry,” we believe the legislative and policy-making process is the proper arena for this debate, not our stores. For those who champion “open carry,” please respect that Starbucks stores are places where everyone should feel relaxed and comfortable. The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers.

I am proud of our country and our heritage of civil discourse and debate. It is in this spirit that we make today’s request. Whatever your view, I encourage you to be responsible and respectful of each other as citizens and neighbors.

Sincerely,

Howard Schultz

So he's weaselly trying to placate both sides.

A question: how many CCW or open carry patrons have actually committed a crime in a Starbucks?

not the issue ... I wouldn't want any person to come in any place that I patronized toting a gun ...If I see it, I will leave that business and not return until that business puts up signage saying no guns allowed ...

swimming pool aren't design to kill ... doctors aren't design to kill ... guns are design to kill ... when are moron like you going to see the difference ... this is the most ignorant example I've seen to date ... what next Cars that kill ... I can see it now ... bounty hunter out looking for killer cars ... 1957 Chevy, wanted dead or alive ... if you want to say stupid stuff I can't stop you ...but please try and come up with a better example ... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back