Starbucks decides Guns and Caffeine...not a good mix

[

not the issue ... I wouldn't want any person to come in any place that I patronized toting a gun ...If I see it, I will leave that business and not return until that business puts up signage saying no guns allowed ...

th

Aaron Alexis

And you would have prevented him from coming into "your" Starbucks how?

The same amount that commit voter fraud so you're all for it. Or is this different this time?

Nice dodge there dipshit. Eat a neg.

PLEASE NOOOOOOO

lol...Doesn't matter anyway. It's his business, gotta problem with it. Go drink $7 coffee somewhere else

we will ...when they start losing customers, just because you need some gun in your pocket, as we say.... money talks ... and us liberals that don't want guns around us while we socialize, we'll buy a cup some where else ...will walk, after all they not the only coffee shop on the block

PLEASE NOOOOOOO

lol...Doesn't matter anyway. It's his business, gotta problem with it. Go drink $7 coffee somewhere else

It's a simple request. One that isn't legally binding.

It’s 'legally binding' to the extent a property owner has the right to order someone off his property. That Starbucks decided to refrain from doing doesn’t mean they forfeited that right.

Needless to say this presents a conundrum for conservatives: which is paramount, property rights or gun rights?

Maybe some enterprising gun nutter should open a chain of gun friendly coffee shops. They could sell militia mochas, shotgun smoothies, bazooka blend, full-auto frappes, browning brownies, colt caffe, remington roast, and mauser macchiato. Available in single shot, double barrel, or high cap magazine.

Then the rest of us can go to Starbucks without worrying whether or not some trigger happy wacko decides you're looking at him the wrong way.

When exactly was the last time this happened in a Starbucks?

Doesn't matter if it happened or not. Guns make people nervous. I read we have had 250 mass shootings in America this year. Folks don't want to go to the mall, movie theater, supermarket, or coffee shop and see people walking about with open carry AR-15 rifles and other exotic instruments of death. CCW people I have no problem with, as they have been vetted. But anyone can open carry. Who's to say that the guy in Starbucks sporting a AR-15 or pistol isn't the next Aaron Alexis about to take out his frustrations on the patrons? Maybe there is a need for gun friendly businesses where folks that feel the need to pack heat can go and frequent. I know if I went to Starbucks and saw some open carry person playing cowboy, I'd turn right around and GTFO. I don't want myself or my family shot at by some fool unconcerned with other peoples lives or safety.

So you are afraid of something that has never happened. Sort of like the boogy man....

Got it....

So he's weaselly trying to placate both sides.

A question: how many CCW or open carry patrons have actually committed a crime in a Starbucks?

not the issue ... I wouldn't want any person to come in any place that I patronized toting a gun ...If I see it, I will leave that business and not return until that business puts up signage saying no guns allowed ...

Then you should never come to Benson,Az. because we carry them around all over the place here.
No one has every been shot by someone.
Many Thieves have been stopped without firing any shots.

Boy, have you been brainwashed by the lefts fear mongering.

While I can see his point, I beleive he is pointing at the wrong group..

In order to appease one loud mouth group, he is willing to curtail the rights of others.

how is he curtailing the rights of others ???? in skating rinks in my state you can't wear Tee shirts and jeans ... in some restaurant you have to wear a tie ... so why is it violating your rights to say no guns allowed in his restaurant or coffee shop ??? its not as long as you are violating their cival rights you can do just about anything ...

Let's not blame Starbucks too much. Yes, they have backed plenty of libturd causes but the bulk of their business is from libturds and their Latte-buying, bicycle-pedaling, strap-on wearing fellow travelers.

For that reason alone they need to avoid a backlash from libturds.

And when libturds threatened to boycott, they had to cave.

And keep caving.

And keep caving.

And..... Once you cave to libturds, it never stops. It's like Blackmail, only worse

Anti-Gun Group Begins "Brew Not Bullets" Starbucks Boycott

and once you cave to a repub-lie-turd well you have to keep caving too ... seems fair to me ...

Maybe some enterprising gun nutter should open a chain of gun friendly coffee shops. They could sell militia mochas, shotgun smoothies, bazooka blend, full-auto frappes, browning brownies, colt caffe, remington roast, and mauser macchiato. Available in single shot, double barrel, or high cap magazine.

Then the rest of us can go to Starbucks without worrying whether or not some trigger happy wacko decides you're looking at him the wrong way.

don't want to be at the first starbucks that has some right wing waco go off the deep end an starting shooting liberals at starbucks ...

[

th

Aaron Alexis

And you would have prevented him from coming into "your" Starbucks how?

tell him he can't bring his shot gun in ... what are you afraid to stand up for what you don't want in your business ??? what next do you want to happen ??? let people coming in to beat your customers up that would be ok too??? seems you might lose a lot of business

So he's weaselly trying to placate both sides.

A question: how many CCW or open carry patrons have actually committed a crime in a Starbucks?

Then you should never come to Benson,Az. because we carry them around all over the place here.
No one has every been shot by someone.
Many Thieves have been stopped without firing any shots.

Boy, have you been brainwashed by the lefts fear mongering.

just because i don't like guns of any kind doesn't mean the left has brain washed me ... it means i don't like being around guns of any kind ... don't like to shoot them, don't like looking at them, don't want them any where on my property ... I will tell you once to leave, if you don't, end of discussion ''' I'll call the cops and have you physically removed ... oh yes ... thanks for telling me about benson AZ ... I won't be patronizing that town anytime soon ...

Doesn't matter if it happened or not. Guns make people nervous. I read we have had 250 mass shootings in America this year. Folks don't want to go to the mall, movie theater, supermarket, or coffee shop and see people walking about with open carry AR-15 rifles and other exotic instruments of death. CCW people I have no problem with, as they have been vetted. But anyone can open carry. Who's to say that the guy in Starbucks sporting a AR-15 or pistol isn't the next Aaron Alexis about to take out his frustrations on the patrons? Maybe there is a need for gun friendly businesses where folks that feel the need to pack heat can go and frequent. I know if I went to Starbucks and saw some open carry person playing cowboy, I'd turn right around and GTFO. I don't want myself or my family shot at by some fool unconcerned with other peoples lives or safety.

No, guns do NOT make people nervous. In many places, seeing someone with a gun just isn't a big deal. I was in NH last weekend...getting gas, the dude in line ahead of me wore a pistol in a crossdraw rig. The woman with him (presumably, his wife) also had a gun. Nobody as much as raised an eyebrow.

PLEASE NOOOOOOO

we will ...when they start losing customers, just because you need some gun in your pocket, as we say.... money talks ... and us liberals that don't want guns around us while we socialize, we'll buy a cup some where else ...will walk, after all they not the only coffee shop on the block

You could be in a room full of armed people...and you would never know it! My sister had a conniption when she saw my wife's holster...not realizing that she had been around Liz all week, and Liz had worn the gun the entire time! It took her about four days to notice, and Liz was making no real attempt to hide the fact she was carrying.

No, guns do NOT make people nervous. In many places, seeing someone with a gun just isn't a big deal. I was in NH last weekend...getting gas, the dude in line ahead of me wore a pistol in a crossdraw rig. The woman with him (presumably, his wife) also had a gun. Nobody as much as raised an eyebrow.

So... based on two people at a gas pump in New Hampster, we can extrapolate about all humanity.

Brilliant logic. My head swims.

An Open Letter from Howard Schultz, ceo of Starbucks Coffee Company | Starbucks Coffee Company

Dear Fellow Americans,

Few topics in America generate a more polarized and emotional debate than guns. In recent months, Starbucks stores and our partners (employees) who work in our stores have been thrust unwillingly into the middle of this debate. That’s why I am writing today with a respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas.

From the beginning, our vision at Starbucks has been to create a “third place” between home and work where people can come together to enjoy the peace and pleasure of coffee and community. Our values have always centered on building community rather than dividing people, and our stores exist to give every customer a safe and comfortable respite from the concerns of daily life.

We appreciate that there is a highly sensitive balance of rights and responsibilities surrounding America’s gun laws, and we recognize the deep passion for and against the “open carry” laws adopted by many states. (In the United States, “open carry” is the term used for openly carrying a firearm in public.) For years we have listened carefully to input from our customers, partners, community leaders and voices on both sides of this complicated, highly charged issue.

Our company’s longstanding approach to “open carry” has been to follow local laws: we permit it in states where allowed and we prohibit it in states where these laws don’t exist. We have chosen this approach because we believe our store partners should not be put in the uncomfortable position of requiring customers to disarm or leave our stores. We believe that gun policy should be addressed by government and law enforcement—not by Starbucks and our store partners.

Recently, however, we’ve seen the “open carry” debate become increasingly uncivil and, in some cases, even threatening. Pro-gun activists have used our stores as a political stage for media events misleadingly called “Starbucks Appreciation Days” that disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of “open carry.” To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores. Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners.

For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

I would like to clarify two points. First, this is a request and not an outright ban. Why? Because we want to give responsible gun owners the chance to respect our request—and also because enforcing a ban would potentially require our partners to confront armed customers, and that is not a role I am comfortable asking Starbucks partners to take on. Second, we know we cannot satisfy everyone. For those who oppose “open carry,” we believe the legislative and policy-making process is the proper arena for this debate, not our stores. For those who champion “open carry,” please respect that Starbucks stores are places where everyone should feel relaxed and comfortable. The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers.

I am proud of our country and our heritage of civil discourse and debate. It is in this spirit that we make today’s request. Whatever your view, I encourage you to be responsible and respectful of each other as citizens and neighbors.

Sincerely,

Howard Schultz

Lessee, overpriced mediocre coffee, and now offending the shit out of whole bunches of their customers, who can and will just go to one of the gazillion other coffee shops out there. Brilliant business strategy. :clap2:

So you are afraid of something that has never happened. Sort of like the boogy man....

Got it....

It hasn't happened at Starbucks, but it has happened at malls, schools, theaters, even church. Coffee shops aren't somehow immune. 250 mass shootings this year vs zero boogie man sightings.

An Open Letter from Howard Schultz, ceo of Starbucks Coffee Company | Starbucks Coffee Company

Dear Fellow Americans,

Few topics in America generate a more polarized and emotional debate than guns. In recent months, Starbucks stores and our partners (employees) who work in our stores have been thrust unwillingly into the middle of this debate. That’s why I am writing today with a respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas.

From the beginning, our vision at Starbucks has been to create a “third place” between home and work where people can come together to enjoy the peace and pleasure of coffee and community. Our values have always centered on building community rather than dividing people, and our stores exist to give every customer a safe and comfortable respite from the concerns of daily life.

We appreciate that there is a highly sensitive balance of rights and responsibilities surrounding America’s gun laws, and we recognize the deep passion for and against the “open carry” laws adopted by many states. (In the United States, “open carry” is the term used for openly carrying a firearm in public.) For years we have listened carefully to input from our customers, partners, community leaders and voices on both sides of this complicated, highly charged issue.

Our company’s longstanding approach to “open carry” has been to follow local laws: we permit it in states where allowed and we prohibit it in states where these laws don’t exist. We have chosen this approach because we believe our store partners should not be put in the uncomfortable position of requiring customers to disarm or leave our stores. We believe that gun policy should be addressed by government and law enforcement—not by Starbucks and our store partners.

Recently, however, we’ve seen the “open carry” debate become increasingly uncivil and, in some cases, even threatening. Pro-gun activists have used our stores as a political stage for media events misleadingly called “Starbucks Appreciation Days” that disingenuously portray Starbucks as a champion of “open carry.” To be clear: we do not want these events in our stores. Some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction, including soliciting and confronting our customers and partners.

For these reasons, today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

I would like to clarify two points. First, this is a request and not an outright ban. Why? Because we want to give responsible gun owners the chance to respect our request—and also because enforcing a ban would potentially require our partners to confront armed customers, and that is not a role I am comfortable asking Starbucks partners to take on. Second, we know we cannot satisfy everyone. For those who oppose “open carry,” we believe the legislative and policy-making process is the proper arena for this debate, not our stores. For those who champion “open carry,” please respect that Starbucks stores are places where everyone should feel relaxed and comfortable. The presence of a weapon in our stores is unsettling and upsetting for many of our customers.

I am proud of our country and our heritage of civil discourse and debate. It is in this spirit that we make today’s request. Whatever your view, I encourage you to be responsible and respectful of each other as citizens and neighbors.

Sincerely,

Howard Schultz

Lessee, overpriced mediocre coffee, and now offending the shit out of whole bunches of their customers, who can and will just go to one of the gazillion other coffee shops out there. Brilliant business strategy. :clap2:

We shan't even begin to delve into the definition of "whole bunches of customers" relating to gunpackers in upscale yuppie coffee shops ;) but pray, how has Starbucks "now offended whole bunches of customers" (not counting the absurd prices-- that's not new)?

What exactly is this "offense"?

Forum List

Back