Thank you President Trump for backing down the monster in North Korea...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
the nut in North Korea backed down...President Trump was right...all you asswipes were wrong....you are pushing his response to the racist groups...the white national racists and the antifa racists...in order to hide his achievement against North Korea....you are vile...

Obama was weak and the world knew it.....Trump is strong like Michael Corleone he puts fear in his enemies

Trump's ravings inspire North Korea to pretend to threaten Guam. A few days later, North Korea says they're not going to attack Guam yet.

Trump sheep: VICTORY!

While the hyperbole about Trump's comments regarding North Korea went too far, giving him credit for North Korea doing what it has seemingly done every other month for decades, making threats about attacking someone else and not actually doing so, seems pretty thin as well.

While the hyperbole about Trump's comments regarding North Korea went too far, giving him credit for North Korea doing what it has seemingly done every other month for decades, making threats about attacking someone else and not actually doing so, seems pretty thin as well.
But this time the gauntlet was dropped and North Korea will be assuming a very different posture in the future. They know that any provocative movements they make will be tossed right back in their face.

And you should be proud of that rather than disdainful of a leader whom you dislike for very different reasons. Let's face it, Donald Trump has balls and he knows what he's doing.

But this time the gauntlet was dropped and North Korea will be assuming a very different posture in the future. They know that any provocative movements they make will be tossed right back in their face.

And you should be proud of that rather than disdainful of a leader whom you dislike for very different reasons. Let's face it, Donald Trump has balls and he knows what he's doing.
Lol what? So far, the only party to do anything against North Korea is the UN. What in the fuck are you talking about?

:cuckoo:

Up until Trump every other president paid off big time to get NK to back off.

Watch and see. The left WILL find a way to make Kimmie the hero who put one over on Trump.

What? I'm disdainful of the idea that North Korea acting basically the same as it has for many years is somehow a triumph for Trump. I don't find your prediction that North Korea will "assume a very different posture in the future" because of Trump making a couple of vague threats to be compelling.

North Korea has been issuing threats against the US without following through on them for many years.

What? I'm disdainful of the idea that North Korea acting basically the same as it has for many years is somehow a triumph for Trump. I don't find your prediction that North Korea will "assume a very different posture in the future" because of Trump making a couple of vague threats to be compelling.

North Korea has been issuing threats against the US without following through on them for many years.
And every time they issue another bullshit threat Trump will shove it down their throat again. How many times do you suppose they will open wide for that?

And every time they issue another bullshit threat Trump will shove it down their throat again. How many times do you suppose they will open wide for that?

"Shove it down their throat?" What does that mean?

North Korea has been making threats like this for a long time. They don't follow through, they sabre rattle. It's incredibly good that they don't follow through, but to credit Trump for something that worked the same way with Obama and with Bush, as though Trump has prevented something that otherwise would have occurred, is really stretching to give him credit.

North Korea has been making threats like this for a long time. They don't follow through, they sabre rattle. It's incredibly good that they don't follow through, but to credit Trump for something that worked the same way with Obama and with Bush, as though Trump has prevented something that otherwise would have occurred, is really stretching to give him credit.
When did Obama or Bush, or any other U.S. President, tell North Korea that if they make an aggressive move they will be summarily fried? That's what "shoving it down their throat" means. What Trump said to North Korea in effect is, "Don't fuck with us or we'll burn your ass!"

So whether you like it or not, North Korea has backed off. So it is what it is.

When did Obama or Bush, or any other U.S. President, tell North Korea that if they make an aggressive move they will be summarily fried? That's what "shoving it down their throat" means. What Trump said to North Korea in effect is, "Don't fuck with us or we'll burn your ass!"

So whether you like it or not, North Korea has backed off. So it is what it is.

I very much like it that North Korea has backed off. My point is that, even without the "shoving it down their throat," North Korea has a history of threats against the US, followed by them backing off.

Why Trump should get credit for North Korea doing the same thing it has been doing for years is what I don't understand. I don't give Obama or Bush particular credit for it either; whoever the president is and whatever the president says, I think that North Korea feels a need for sabre-rattling. I hope it continues to be just sabre-rattling in the future.

If North Korea has consistently made threats against the US and then backed off without the president "shoving it down their throats," why does the current president deserve credit for making North Korea back off now? How has what North Korea has done been different than in the past, other than however far along their nuclear program might actually be?

[...]

If North Korea has consistently made threats against the US and then backed off without the president "shoving it down their throats," why does the current president deserve credit for making North Korea back off now? How has what North Korea has done been different than in the past, other than however far along their nuclear program might actually be?
North Korea makes threats because it makes them look formidable at the expense of the object of their threats. In the same way as this practice enhances the apparent status of the aggressor, over time it operates to diminish the status of the recipient. What Trump did, and what Bush and Obama should have done, is turn it around on North Korea and restore the dignity of the U.S.

It was long overdue and well-deserved.

[...]

North Korea makes threats because it makes them look formidable at the expense of the object of their threats. In the same way as this practice enhances the apparent status of the aggressor, over time it operates to diminish the status of the recipient. What Trump did, and what Bush and Obama should have done, is turn it around on North Korea and restore the dignity of the U.S.

It was long overdue and well-deserved.

One threat of "fire and fury" restored the dignity of the US? :lol:

Even before that, you think the US had lost dignity because North Korea likes to make empty threats? :lol:

Bush named North Korea as part of the "Axis of evil," and I believe someone in that administration at one point said that all options were on the table regarding North Korea. Obama went to South Korea and said that the US would "not hesitate to use our military might" to protect our ally; in other words, war with North Korea to protect South Korea. Barack Obama warns North Korea over nuclear testing

Trump may have been more blunt, but he isn't the first president to threaten North Korea. And if threatening military action without actually doing anything makes a country dignified, North Korea is perhaps the most dignified country in history. ;)

Forum List

Back