Thank God for our RIGHT to keep and bear arms

"Thank God for our RIGHT to keep and bear arms"

God/gods had nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. Try the Constitution's "founding fathers".

If we were made to need guns in addition to arms, God would have provided Adam a gun.

If man creates lethal weapons, he & family will die with lethal weapons.
A civilized society does not need lethal weapons for its normal citizens.

the Jews and political opponents in Germany in the 1920s agreed with you completely....by 1939 they disagreed with you completely...as they were being loaded into train cars for the gas chambers.......

The 2nd Amendment isn't going anywhere you crazy paranoids.
They ignore or do not know the meaning of the term "well regulated Militia". I doubt they know the difference between "keep" and "bear".
Except that it doesn't say "well regulated militia" junior. It says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The right belongs to the people junior.
Are you sure? I thought the 2nd Amendment was a single sentence that began with "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State...". What 2nd Amendment are you using?

I am sure. It clearly states "the right of the people". The right belongs to the people. There is simply no denying it.
The right of the people is clearly defined as for the purpose of maintaining a well regulated Militia. That is why the Amendment starts out with the purpose of the Amendment. You do not understand the meaning of Militia and how the SCOTUS has judged and confirmed its meaning since the inception of the United States.

Nope...been over and over this......the Founders knew exactly who they meant when the right was defined for the People, and not a militia.........it isn't the right of the militia to keep and bear arms they specifically said the right of the people.....

God is positive energy....guns are negative energy that destroys....therefore you worship Satan.

Guns in this country save far more lives than people using them illegally take.....
No one can prove anything of the kind but suicide kills twice as many as crime. That we can prove.

Nope....40 years of research show that guns are used 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives.......

that is far more than 2 times the suicide rate......

The perpetrator was armed with a knife. This woman would have been dead if not for her 2nd Amendment right. Of course, the left have been waging a disgusting war on women for decades so they wouldn't have cared. In fact, I suspect that's why they want to disarm everyone. More female victims for them. Demand men have access to women's locker rooms, showers, and rest rooms and then disarm them.

Woman leaves would-be attacker bloody and wounded
What left? Left handed, left turns? Try to be specific, as far as I can tell as a man, women have had a war on men for many decades..They used to call it, the battle of the sexes....

They ignore or do not know the meaning of the term "well regulated Militia". I doubt they know the difference between "keep" and "bear".
Except that it doesn't say "well regulated militia" junior. It says "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The right belongs to the people junior.
Are you sure? I thought the 2nd Amendment was a single sentence that began with "A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State...". What 2nd Amendment are you using?

I am sure. It clearly states "the right of the people". The right belongs to the people. There is simply no denying it.
The right of the people is clearly defined as for the purpose of maintaining a well regulated Militia. That is why the Amendment starts out with the purpose of the Amendment. You do not understand the meaning of Militia and how the SCOTUS has judged and confirmed its meaning since the inception of the United States.

Nope...been over and over this......the Founders knew exactly who they meant when the right was defined for the People, and not a militia.........it isn't the right of the militia to keep and bear arms they specifically said the right of the people.....

Exactly. As has been stated exhaustively, the Bill of Rights is ALL about the rights of citizens. Lol.

God is positive energy....guns are negative energy that destroys....therefore you worship Satan.

Guns in this country save far more lives than people using them illegally take.....
No one can prove anything of the kind but suicide kills twice as many as crime. That we can prove.

Nope....40 years of research show that guns are used 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives.......

Your numbers are crap. Just don't bother. What we know are deaths, and guns don't save lives, they take them.

Your numbers are crap. Just don't bother. What we know are deaths, and guns don't save lives, they take them.

No, there are numerous studies that have calculated that guns do in fact help save lives. If you don't want a gun, it's simple. Don't own one.

No, they didn't. The sentence that is the 2nd Amendment begins with the reason why citizens have a right to keep and bear arms. It is plain language. The concept and ruling that the Amendment included the individual rights are recent and a major change from past interpretations. It was narrowly passed by the Robert's court with an opinion written by Justice Scalia.
That decision can be turned any time and will rely on future Justice's agreeing with the Scalia opinion. That is a major reason the replacement of Scalia is being denied.

No, there are numerous studies that have calculated that guns do in fact help save lives. If you don't want a gun, it's simple. Don't own one.
The studies are crap. Someone pulling out a gun might think they needed to but there is no way to know in most cases.

The studies are crap. Someone pulling out a gun might think they needed to but there is no way to know in most cases.

They are not "crap." They are legitimate studies that have been peer reviewed.

Now, let me ask you, who do you think "laws" effect? The law abiding or the criminals (who disregard "laws")?

Now, let me ask you, who do you think "laws" effect? The law abiding or the criminals (who disregard "laws")?
Laws affect both, dummy. That's why people who break them go to prison.

No, criminals don't obey laws. Lol. Only law-abiding people obey the laws. It's already illegal to kill someone with a gun (when it isn't in self defense). If someone is going to kill someone, anti-gun legislation is not going to stop them.

Use logic here. I see a big scary black man coming towards me late at night and I point a gun at him. He, being sensible, runs away. Was I in danger, did a gun save my life? It's impossible to know.

No, criminals don't obey laws. Lol. Only law-abiding people obey the laws. It's already illegal to kill someone with a gun (when it isn't in self defense). If someone is going to kill someone, anti-gun legislation is not going to stop them.
I don't call for more laws, I call for fewer guns.

And how do you propose doing that?

Use logic here. I see a big scary black man coming towards me late at night and I point a gun at him. He, being sensible, runs away. Was I in danger, did a gun save my life? It's impossible to know.

I'd take my chances with the gun, thanks. Lol. Better safe than sorry. Good motto to live by, if life is important to you.

And how do you propose doing that?
Banning most guns, of course.

I'd take my chances with the gun, thanks. Lol. Better safe than sorry. Good motto to live by, if life is important to you.
So, take your gun everywhere and point it at anyone who scares you. That will make feel safe even when you mostly likely were never in danger.

To you that will feel like a gun saved your life, maybe a dozen times a day.

Forum List

Back