Thank an immigrant, legal or illegal for keeping Americans safe from starving

Rep. Joaquin Castro: U.S. must protect agricultural workers After WWII, all wars fought were of special interest and were not a threat to our mainland or our safety. But we still thank our vets, as we should, for going into battle thinking they were protecting us. They went there on our behalf with the best intentions and concern for our safety. They are true heroes. But now, today we discover a new army of heroes we never actually thought about, who actually have been essential soldiers fighting for our security this whole time. And those are the soldiers who grow, protect, and harvest our food in the fields. They are the one's on the front lines now. And their interests need protection more than ever, because their survival is our survival. Can anyone show or tell me how I'm wrong?
"China did everything right" --- BWK

Rep. Joaquin Castro: U.S. must protect agricultural workers After WWII, all wars fought were of special interest and were not a threat to our mainland or our safety. But we still thank our vets, as we should, for going into battle thinking they were protecting us. They went there on our behalf with the best intentions and concern for our safety. They are true heroes. But now, today we discover a new army of heroes we never actually thought about, who actually have been essential soldiers fighting for our security this whole time. And those are the soldiers who grow, protect, and harvest our food in the fields. They are the one's on the front lines now. And their interests need protection more than ever, because their survival is our survival. Can anyone show or tell me how I'm wrong?

How true. Farmers, medical employees, public employees (water dept), electrical companies, grocery stores, truck drivers. The people you absolutely have to have to run a functional society. Food and medical care are the absolute basics that you have to have.

• Love
Reactions: BWK
The young people in the fields are not really in danger. They are here to work and in doing so, are suppressing wages for actual Americans.

So, you are wrong.
It's not just people in the fields you idiot. It's those people running the delivery trucks, and those working in processing plants in cities. What a dumb ass. Suppressing wages for who? US citizens who won't do that work? Answer, yes. Thank an immigrant for saving your miserable fucking life asshole.
Thank illegals for making wages so low no American wants to do the work.

The young people in the fields are not really in danger. They are here to work and in doing so, are suppressing wages for actual Americans.

So, you are wrong.

Actual Americans don’t or won’t or can’t do those jobs.
Actual Americans would do the job if illegal aliens didn't work for beans. Which they do and live 14 to a house. They also send part of their earnings back to Mexico.

Much to the delight of Mr Businessman.

Correct. "Mr Businessman" profits from being able to keep wages low.

Fucking the American worker in the process.

Fucking vast numbers of American families and whole communities that have not had significant wage increases since the 70s.

This seems like a shitty policy to me. I think we should do the opposite, for at least the next 50 years to balance it out, and really, possibly well beyond that.

What say you?

So, you are wrong.
It's not just people in the fields you idiot. It's those people running the delivery trucks, and those working in processing plants in cities. What a dumb ass. Suppressing wages for who? US citizens who won't do that work? Answer, yes. Thank an immigrant for saving your miserable fucking life asshole.
Who hired them again?

Fucking vast numbers of American families and whole communities that have not had significant wage increases since the 70s.

This seems like a shitty policy to me. I think we should do the opposite, for at least the next 50 years to balance it out, and really, possibly well beyond that.

What say you?
You don't know why wages haven't increased since the seventies? :laughing0301: Where the fuck have you been? Introducing Ed's 'vulture chart'

So, you are wrong.

Actual Americans don’t or won’t or can’t do those jobs.
Actual Americans would do the job if illegal aliens didn't work for beans. Which they do and live 14 to a house. They also send part of their earnings back to Mexico.
If they did, they'd already be out there, but they are not, because the farmers who hire them pay low wages. Don't blame the worker, blame the employer. By the way, how come you aren't screaming about the employer hiring them? Lol! Because it isn't a convenient argument. Get out of here with your dried up argument. It's embarrassing.

What say you?
You don't know why wages haven't increased since the seventies? :laughing0301: Where the fuck have you been? Introducing Ed's 'vulture chart'

Sure. Massive increase in supply of labor, plus a decrease in demand due to globalization.

CEOs making more money seems more a result than a cause.

"China did everything right" --- BWK
Seek mental help. You are not well.

What say you?

Sure. Massive increase in supply of labor, plus a decrease in demand due to globalization.

Before that period we had a middle class. As a matter of fact, after the Great depression, we had a middle class because both Republican and Democrat presidents taxed the wealthy 80 and 90%. Capitalism is for the people. It's purpose is for all of us. When Reagan turned it into Corporatism, it all went to shit. CEOs bought out the politicians and now we have Citizens United. CEOs, along with crooked politicians is your cause and your result.

Correll does himself a disfavor with emojis and not challenging the facts I present. Get out of the closet and lock horns like a man, or admit you are wrong. Emojis aren't giong to help you.

Trump just said in his press conference today the seasonal farm workers who come and go ....to pick lettuce and keep ya from starving you wacist wight wingers drumpf

They will still be allowed to come and go

Your thread sucks even harder now ya useful iddgiit....tool ....

What say you?

Before that period we had a middle class. As a matter of fact, after the Great depression, we had a middle class because both Republican and Democrat presidents taxed the wealthy 80 and 90%. Capitalism is for the people. It's purpose is for all of us. When Reagan turned it into Corporatism, it all went to shit. CEOs bought out the politicians and now we have Citizens United. CEOs, along with crooked politicians is your cause and your result.

THe factors driving this, ie increased immigration, women entering the workforce, globalization, all predated Reagan by decades, and have had bi-partisan support the entire time.

If you don't like it, then vote to change the policies that caused it.

Like I did.

Trump just said in his press conference today the seasonal farm workers who come and go ....to pick lettuce and keep ya from starving you wacist wight wingers drumpf

Excuse me, but when did I say the farm workers couldn't come back to keep these Trump humpers from starving? Answer I didn't. Making shit up out of thin air is a Trump supporters wet dream.

Excuse me, but when did I say the farm workers couldn't come back to keep these Trump humpers from starving? Answer I didn't. Making shit up out of thin air is a Trump supporters wet dream.
Read your title freak
Farm workers are brought up multiple times on this thread

Stupid freaks

It was your big complaint about the policy and now it has been dealt with.

Yet, we will see that it does not effect your position at all.

Odd that. Your biggest complaint dealt with and it means nothing to you...

It shows that you never really cared about it. ALl you know is...

Orange Man Bad.

What say you?

THe factors driving this, ie increased immigration, women entering the workforce, globalization, all predated Reagan by decades, and have had bi-partisan support the entire time.

If you don't like it, then vote to change the policies that caused it.

Like I did.
Decades before Reagan we had the best economic period in our history. It is a documented fact. And we did it without doing a 180 on taxes to benefit the wealthy. Read up on your history. Capitalism was designed and set up for the people, despite the factors you mentioned. Putting more of everything into a system, with the right system, will always compensate itself, because growth only demands more production. That is why our fifty year economic success was so popular. We would still be chugging along nicely had it not been for Reagan and the greed and power that went with it.

Last edited:

Read your title freak
Farm workers are brought up multiple times on this thread

Stupid freaks
So? What about it? My thread is about thanking them for keeping your sorry ass and mine from starving. I never said they weren't coming back. That's your made up garbage.

Forum List

Back