Texas Voter ID law shot down by US Judge

U.S. judge finds Texas voter ID law was intended to discriminate
The measure requires voters to present photo identification such as a driver's license, passport or military ID card.

Plaintiffs have argued the law hits elderly and poorer voters, including minorities, hardest because they are less likely to have identification. They contend the measure is used by Republicans to suppress voters who typically align with Democrats.
------

Give me a fucking break!
-----
Ramos said the law had met criteria set by the U.S. Supreme Court to show intent that included its discriminatory impact, a pattern not explainable on other than racial grounds, Texas' history of discriminatory practices and the law's unusually swift passage.
------
I sure hope its more than them saying old, black and latino people are too stupid to get an ID
Free ID to vote!
I would be OK with the government paying for it. Raise taxes .0001% to pay for the 2 dollar card.

I would be OK with the government paying for it. Raise taxes .0001% to pay for the 2 dollar card.

It's not the cost of the card, it's the cost of the records. Such as certified copies of a birth certificate, which in many states is at least $10 to as much as $60.

How to Obtain a Copy of Your Birth Certificate in Texas

Include a copy of your photo identification.
you will need either a photocopy of your photo identification (if you are mailing your request) or the identification itself (if you are requesting in person).
  • Valid forms of photo identification include: state-issued driver's licenses, state identification cards, student identifications, government employment badges, prison identifications, or military identifications.
  • If you do not have any form of valid photo identification, you will need to have two documents with your name (e.g., a utility bill, a recent paycheck stub, or a social security card).[18] One of the documents must have your signature on it.

For a standard mail request, it is $22 for each certified copy

It's not the cost of the card, it's the cost of the records. Such as certified copies of a birth certificate, which in many states is at least $10 to as much as $60.

you will need either a photocopy of your photo identification (if you are mailing your request) or the identification itself (if you are requesting in person).
  • Valid forms of photo identification include: state-issued driver's licenses, state identification cards, student identifications, government employment badges, prison identifications, or military identifications.
  • If you do not have any form of valid photo identification, you will need to have two documents with your name (e.g., a utility bill, a recent paycheck stub, or a social security card).[18] One of the documents must have your signature on it.

So they had one and they lost it? Sounds like their fault.

Right? Cause no one needs a birth certificate, ever..

If you don't drive, aren't on welfare, and have been voting all your life without a photo ID, why would you suddenly need one, except because the law was changed requiring one.

Matter of fact, thinking about all the times I need to show an ID, just this morning I was at Home Despot. Getting some marking paint. Not only a as it under lock and key in a glass cabinet, but the store guy had to carry it to the check out where I was asked to produce ID. So is spray paint is important enough to card a guy over, why ain't voting on out commander and chief law makers and judges elections important enough to require ID?
if these people needed a govt issued photo id in order to live their lives, THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ONE.... but they have not needed one, thus the reason these citizens do not have one.

Illegals aren't citizens. The law as it is even says so. Don't like that law, elect folks who will change it.

Matter of fact, thinking about all the times I need to show an ID, just this morning I was at Home Despot. Getting some marking paint. Not only a as it under lock and key in a glass cabinet, but the store guy had to carry it to the check out where I was asked to produce ID. So is spray paint is important enough to card a guy over, why ain't voting on out commander and chief law makers and judges elections important enough to require ID?
if these people needed a govt issued photo id in order to live their lives, THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ONE.... but they have not needed one, thus the reason these citizens do not have one.

Illegals aren't citizens. The law as it is even says so. Don't like that law, elect folks who will change it.
HUH? What are you talking about in relation to MY POST?

my post was about CITIZENS

This is the kind of bullshit that lead the Rats to believe that Texas was "in play" for the last election....illegals voting. We had the same nonsense here in Arizona for years. Nobody gets "disenfranchised" by having to produce a picture ID. These judges will be replaced in due time, ID will be required, and nothing will change except for the Rats sobbing about "racism".

More citizens have been prevented from voting by the ID laws, than illegals stopped from voting. Trump has nearly as many people from his campaign staff who illegally voted, than the number of illegal aliens who voted.

More citizens have been prevented from voting by the ID laws, than illegals stopped from voting. Trump has nearly as many people from his campaign staff who illegally voted, than the number of illegal aliens who voted.

Horseshit.

Not everyone lives in the same town, state they were born in.

The whole process is just needless barriers to voting.

You can't take the person in front of you , but you can accept an absent tee from anywhere!?

your consistency of stupidity is now explained. You are stupid.

This is the kind of bullshit that lead the Rats to believe that Texas was "in play" for the last election....illegals voting. We had the same nonsense here in Arizona for years. Nobody gets "disenfranchised" by having to produce a picture ID. These judges will be replaced in due time, ID will be required, and nothing will change except for the Rats sobbing about "racism".

Illegals aren't voting . So your cure is worse than the disease .

Plus , illegals could have photo ID !

Not everyone lives in the same town, state they were born in.

The whole process is just needless barriers to voting.

You can't take the person in front of you , but you can accept an absent tee from anywhere!?

If the wetbacks started voting GOP you'd be screaming for voter ID.

Voter ID is the most naked attempt at politically motivated racism since poll taxes in the 1870s.

Forum List

Back