Texas teacher fired for Anne Frank

I wonder if the comic book version was given because the kids aren't up to speed. That seems to be a thing now in schools - using "graphic novels" of works instead of boring old books. Not a fan of that.
the information about the "edit" part is that Anne's father took out negative
comments on Anne's mother and some stuff related to her PUBERTY issues---
trivial-- THE PROBLEM --IMO--is the very FERTILE MINDS OF JERKS

Its weird that something written by a child peer in her diary 80 years before would be unacceptable to read to her peers 80 years later, even a fireable offense. Thats like the teacher catching a note written between two of the kids, reeading it aloud, and getting fired over it.

Its weird that something written by a child peer in her diary 80 years before would be unacceptable to read to her peers 80 years later, even a fireable offense. Thats like the teacher catching a note written between two of the kids, reeading it aloud, and getting fired over it.
IMO---some passed notes of the adolescent variety should not be read aloud

Did you read the story? It was a substitute teacher and she was sent home because she read a passage from the book where Frank wrote about male and female genitalia.

WTF? Why did feel the need to read that section to children? It's weird.
And as usual the authoritarian right attempts to defend the indefensible.

my final word on the story----the teacher is guilty of a miniscule lapse of judgement---
the response ---assuming she was fired---amounted to a tempest in a teapot and
is far more damaging to the kids than the event itself

I try and let things largely roll of my back but holy cow they are getting absolutely crazy in Texas.

Fired for assigning Anne Frank?

Texas teacher fired for reading Diary of Anne Frank to class

These are middle school students so they are roughly equal in age to Anne Frank when she wrote her diary.
You have to actually read the article. The "version" of Anne Frank was unapproved, illustrated and included graphic passages that are not in the original Anne Frank.

my final word on the story----the teacher is guilty of a miniscule lapse of judgement---
the response ---assuming she was fired---amounted to a tempest in a teapot and
is far more damaging to the kids than the event itself
No, she deliberately chose a book that was not the original Anne Frank, and used it to expose children to explicit and illustrated sexual content.

No, she deliberately chose a book that was not the original Anne Frank, and used it to expose children to explicit and illustrated sexual content.
OH!!!! sheeeesh----the whole damn book should be banned-----that's disgusting.
There is some sort of organization that takes care of the "ANNE HOUSE" in Amsterdam???????? They should sue the jerks who published what seems to me to
be a knockoff

I try and let things largely roll of my back but holy cow they are getting absolutely crazy in Texas.

Fired for assigning Anne Frank?

Texas teacher fired for reading Diary of Anne Frank to class

These are middle school students so they are roughly equal in age to Anne Frank when she wrote her diary.

No.....you didn't read closely enough....it was an illustrated book, that showed Ann Frank looking at naked women statues.....we discussed this months ago...

after reading a passage from Anne Frank's Diary: The Graphic Adaptation in which Frank wrote about male and female genitalia. An investigation into the incident has since ensued.

From your link.

It may or may not be unacceptable to parents who have differing ideas of how and whom should teach THEIR children about sexuality ... which may explain why us old people didn't have to read about it in the diary.

The GOP Sup Ct continues to protect an UNENUMERATED right of parents to determine education of sexuality. You know, one of those rights that the Founders CHOSE NOT TO SPECIFICALLY STATE, BUT NEVERTHELESS ARE THERE TO ALLOW US TO MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES

The GOP Sup Ct continues to protect an UNENUMERATED right of parents to determine education of sexuality. You know, one of those rights that the Founders CHOSE NOT TO SPECIFICALLY STATE, BUT NEVERTHELESS ARE THERE TO ALLOW US TO MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES
If only SCOTUS would protect your right to proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
You would fire that teacher, even though it was on the reading list, and replace them with a substitute teacher? No middle ground, eh, like the the vice principal just telling the teacher to stick to the approved reading list?

If only SCOTUS would protect your right to proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
You would fire that teacher, even though it was on the reading list, and replace them with a substitute teacher? No middle ground, eh, like the the vice principal just telling the teacher to stick to the approved reading list?
YOU really should read the op prior to bitching about another poster's comments.

and btw you lack the ability to recognize irony.

lol you gimps are really really upset some groomer tard got fired for inappropriate babbling.

YOU really should read the op prior to bitching about another poster's comments.
I did attempt to read it, despite the many intentional and unintentional errors on your part.

lol you gimps are really really upset some groomer tard got fired for inappropriate babbling.
Upset that a teacher was fired over this? Yes. Now when the teacher sues the district settles, the local taxpayers will have to pay for it.
Why would a 'teacher' read that part out of the entire book? Her diary isn't famous because you freaks get woodies over talking sex to kiddies.
They were reading the entire book and a Karen mom got mad that her Jr. High kid saw the word "boobies."

Forum List

Back